It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Clues on virginity, labels and i'm sure more will be added....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-08-2004, 07:21 PM   #1
    aMuse

aMuse HB User
    Clues on virginity, labels and i'm sure more will be added....

look. this is for all you people out there who listen to other people instead of the way you really and truly feel.
    there's so many girls out there that don't have sex with the right person (guys too i'm sure) just because of the old fashioned thing of waiting till your married. i can understand that reasoning, i used to be that way myself. But, the whole 'losing your virginity' argument, it's bull crap. it's not lost. the only way anyone can "take" it is if your raped, and i know a few people that have been, and they still consider themselves virgins. *and* what do you consider a virgin, penis penetration, why not fingering or tongue? virginity is just a label to try to make it seem like something you should hold on for as long as you like. when sex is an awsome thing to share with someone you love. i don't mean for everyone to just go out and hop in someone elses pants. but if you love the person. go for it. nothing is lost. it's happily shared.

as for labels.
    you are who you want to be. don't listen to what other people say. i don't know how many times i've heard myself in the past month be called by other people, 'gothic' or 'punk' or 'grunge' one stupid person even called me 'preppy' fact is. I am me. i am nothing other than that. don't let yourself fall into a label. you'll feel asthou you have to follow everything that has to do with that crowd. float around. be a part of everything. you'll find out who you is a lot better.

hope this helps some of you not so sure about yourselves type people out. the world really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. but it's a lot worse than people really think.

just be yourself. do what you believe in. don't judge yourself by others standards

Until Next Time...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2004, 08:05 PM   #2
    lovely.lady
    Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
    Re: Clues on virginity, labels and i'm sure more will be added....

I hate to sound cynical, but... is love enough? One of my little sister's friends got pregnant recently... the girl is 14 years old, a freshman in high school, and her boyfriend is 21 and in jail currently. Is the love of her boyfriend going to help her in her situation right now? Obviously it takes money to take care of a child, whether you decide to keep it or not. No matter what you do, it will affect you for the rest of your life. Diseases, ranging from life-threatening to annoying can occur. Also, how are you to know you're truly in love? I recently had a boyfriend and we had a long-term engagement. Obviously I thought I was in love. But it turned out that it wasn't. It's funny how easily you can be fooled into thinking some things. All I'm saying is that with sex comes some great responsibilities, and regardless of the precautions you take, you can end up with some nasty consequences in which love wont be enough.

Old 01-08-2004, 09:07 PM   #3
    t-dash

t-dash HB User

What was the point of this, you seem to be the one confronting some personal issues or something. Its almost like you're trying to convince yourself of something. Have you had some troubles in life lately? Perhaps done some soul searching and finally made a realization and felt the need to try and express yourself? Your little lecture is fairly biased, you're seeing things from your point of view only and telling others thats the way things should be. Though your views on the world work for you, it may not for others, example; a few of the things you said could apply to me, alot of it doesn't, infact I'd argue alot of it but I'm not here to argue or push my view onto others. You shouldn't preach to others your point of view, let people make their own judgements on how things should be on an individual basis. Its okay though to tell others how YOU think, but perhaps word things a bit differently. Your post came off as a bit aggressive, more like you're telling people 'this is the way things are, my view is the right way', rather than just sharing your point of view. Just my two cents.

t-dash

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aMuse
    look. this is for all you people out there who listen to other people instead of the way you really and truly feel.
    there's so many girls out there that don't have sex with the right person (guys too i'm sure) just because of the old fashioned thing of waiting till your married. i can understand that reasoning, i used to be that way myself. But, the whole 'losing your virginity' argument, it's bull crap. it's not lost. the only way anyone can "take" it is if your raped, and i know a few people that have been, and they still consider themselves virgins. *and* what do you consider a virgin, penis penetration, why not fingering or tongue? virginity is just a label to try to make it seem like something you should hold on for as long as you like. when sex is an awsome thing to share with someone you love. i don't mean for everyone to just go out and hop in someone elses pants. but if you love the person. go for it. nothing is lost. it's happily shared.

as for labels.
    you are who you want to be. don't listen to what other people say. i don't know how many times i've heard myself in the past month be called by other people, 'gothic' or 'punk' or 'grunge' one stupid person even called me 'preppy' fact is. I am me. i am nothing other than that. don't let yourself fall into a label. you'll feel asthou you have to follow everything that has to do with that crowd. float around. be a part of everything. you'll find out who you is a lot better.

hope this helps some of you not so sure about yourselves type people out. the world really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. but it's a lot worse than people really think.

just be yourself. do what you believe in. don't judge yourself by others standards

Old 01-08-2004, 11:48 PM   #4
    Baby_hands
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baby_hands HB User

If you look at [url]www.dictionary.com[/url] the word virginity means:
    -The state of being pure, unsullied, or untouched-

Someone who hasnt experienced sexual intercourse, is a virgin. And yes, it is a label, but who said it was a bad label? We need labels to indentify things! Thats why your shampoo is labelled "shampoo" so you dont confuse it with your conditioner!

Thou with my christian belief's, I believe that if you were raped, and had your virginity taken away from you, God would still think of you as pure.

Your virginity is very sacred, and once you decide to give it to someone, it's gone forever.

Closed Thread