It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Heavy period!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-29-2004, 04:20 PM   #1
    Blue_Flamingo
    (female)

Blue_Flamingo HB User
    Question Heavy period!

Hi, I'm new here so I'd just like to say hi!

I have a question though...I've had my period for about a year and this is my fourth time getting it (I'm also on my fourth day of it now). The first day was fine but the past 3 days it has been REALLY heavy...and gushes at times. I have to change pads about every 2 or 3 hours. I'm worried....Is this normal...has it ever happened to you?

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2004, 05:49 AM   #2
    angel_eyes_UK85

angel_eyes_UK85 HB User
    Re: Heavy period!

hi there dont worry this is normal - the first 2 years of a females cycle can be very irregular and with different blood flows mine were usually late by about 2 weeks and very heavy this will soon settle down and you will being to notice your periods becoming alot lighter and more on time - hope this has helped you

Old 05-03-2004, 09:08 AM   #3
    nikki79335

nikki79335 HB User

i know this is probably late, but if your changing a soaked pad every hour or two, its NOT normal. tell your mother and make a GYN appointment. even if he says your fine, it is worth going.

Old 05-09-2004, 08:15 AM   #4
    xaimeex

xaimeex HB User
    Wink Re: Heavy period!

hey! im 15 and i just wanna say don't worry!!!

I have very heavy periods and some months they are irregular (still!). I've had my period for 2 years now and i take after my mum as she is still the same and she is 38. (dont let her see this!)

a handy hint that i do when i have my monthly is to put a towel under my bra strap under my school jumper or knicker line. then when you need to leave class you dont have to take your bag with you and cause suspicion! just make sure you keep your jumper on cos people can see the towel thru your white shirt!

Aimee xxx

Old 05-09-2004, 12:47 PM   #5
    Karla
    Inactive

Karla HB User

From the time I was 12 until I was 34 I had very heavy, long, painful periods. You don't mention if you have any cramping or discomfort or pain. Some days I could almost go through a box of superplus tampons a day. I was told that was normal when I was a teenager. When I turned 18 I had a lap done because I was bleeding so heavy when I had my period and a dr finally said this isn't right. I found out I had endometriosis really bad. I put off having a hysterectomy because I wanted to have children. When I was 34 I was told again the endo was real bad and advised to have a hysterectomy so I did. It has been nice not having a period. I don't regret it at all. I would recomend you talk to a dr about how heavy your period is.

Old 05-09-2004, 07:47 PM   #6
    ALonelyOctober
    Inactive

ALonelyOctober HB User

I used to be the same way. I went to a gynocolgist and she put me on a very low does of birth control to regulate my period. I was on them for a little over 6 months and ever since my period has been fine.

Closed Thread