It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• HELP!!! I can't take out my belly ring!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-18-2004, 09:44 PM   #1
    sdc19ny

sdc19ny HB User
    Unhappy HELP!!! I can't take out my belly ring!!!

I have a silly question, I got my belly pierced about 6 months ago, not only has it not completely healed, but now I want to take it out, I have a hoop thingie, that meets in the middle (ball clousure ring) and I don't know how to remove, I read on a website that if you try to pull it on both side the ball will pop out, i'm scared of ripping my belly

and I think mine is screw in, but I can't unscrew it! Please HELP!!!!!!!!

[ removed ]

Last edited by moderator2; 05-19-2004 at 07:41 PM. Reason: No off-board contact information of any kind is allowed. Please know and follow the Posting Rules. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2004, 10:29 PM   #2
    triggert

triggert HB User
    Re: HELP!!! I can't take out my belly ring!!!

Well if you don't wanna wear it anymore you could always just cut it with wire cutters or something. I had my eyebrow pierced and instead of taking a chance of ripping my brow off I just cut the ring out. Good luck!

Trigg

Old 05-18-2004, 11:14 PM   #3
    shysteph22

shysteph22 HB User
    Re: HELP!!! I can't take out my belly ring!!!

well, im not an expert at piercings but, one reason it may not be healing is you might only be able to wear sterling silver or gold. I have the same problem, i've had a belly ring for 2 or 3 years and it stills looks like its not healing, i was told that my body rejects surgical steel and it never heals cuz my body keeps trying to push it out, so all i need to do is switch it with sterling silver or gold. For the getting it out question, i took mine out in the shower, but if that doesn't work, you could always go to a piercing place and the will gladly take it out for you, that way its safe and clear and you don't end up hurting yourself. Hope I helped. Good Luck

Closed Thread