It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

I have this friend..

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2004, 11:23 AM   #1
ALonelyOctober
Inactive

ALonelyOctober HB User
I have this friend..

I have this friend and she's really annoying, I don't want to not be friends with her though. I mean do I tell her that she's annoying? or do I keep ignoring her phone calls? or do I just ignore it and keep hanging out with her?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2004, 02:39 PM   #2
somuchbetter

somuchbetter HB User
Re: I have this friend..

just tell her that ur busy alot and that you will call her when u can hang out or something or just have ur mom say ur busy when she calls.

Old 05-23-2004, 06:33 PM   #3
SuEstrellita
(female)

SuEstrellita HB User

I think you should be honest - tell her that although you want to be friends, you have a lot going on in your life and you need to devote a lot of time to whatever it is that you're busiest with...even if that means another friend. Just emphasize that it's not that you dislike her but gently let her know that she's not the priority she seems to want to be in your life.

Old 05-24-2004, 06:06 AM   #4
tara_may
(female)

tara_may HB User

u didnt exactly specify why u find her annoying.
have u been good friends with her before and is it only now that things have changed?
maybe she's going through some hard time (school problems, problems at home) and just needs extra attention and care at the moment??
if her behaviour does bother u, u can try telling her that u do like hanging out with her but that u need a bit of space for urself as well.
tara

Old 05-24-2004, 08:13 AM   #5
ALonelyOctober
Inactive

ALonelyOctober HB User

she's annoying because she's full of herself. She thinks she's better than everyone and she's always saying "I'm a better person than so-and-so" She thinks she's an awesome poet so she writes poems EVERYDAY and calls me to read them to me. Although she has written a couple good poems, all the rest of them sound almost exactly the same. and they are about the same thing. But one day she says to me "I'm such a poetry queen" Shes so concieted and she thinks she's so great and she knows everything and she thinks she's so beautiful. Thats why she's annoying

Old 05-24-2004, 09:04 AM   #6
tara_may
(female)

tara_may HB User

oh now i get it.
well to me it seems like she's trying to get some attention.
ppl ho seem to be so conceited are often quite unsure of themselves deep inside.
if her behaviour bothers u just tell her about it straight. there's no point in hiding anything esp. when u urself said that u dont want to stop hanging out with her completely.
the next time she starts talking about herself just try changing the topic to sumthing else and the next time she criticises anybody just tell her that u dont like her telling u that she's better than everyone else.
if u never told her anything she probably doesnt realise that her behaviour bothers u in any way.
if she doesnt change her attitude u may want to reconsider the whole idea of friendship with her.
tara

Old 05-24-2004, 09:20 AM   #7
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

So is she a friend or not. In your first line you said you have this friend and in the second line you don't. It can hurt someone if you just ignore them but it is an easy route. The right thing to do is just tell her

Old 08-06-2004, 04:13 PM   #8
Trying_2_Deal

Trying_2_Deal HB User

My sis has the same prob. right now...just tell her straight up...it worked for my sis!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Trying_2_Deal
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread