It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

AHHH!! I like my friends boyfriend--help lol!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2004, 04:13 PM   #1
dirrtyblonde07

dirrtyblonde07 HB User
AHHH!! I like my friends boyfriend--help lol!!

I have had a thing for my friend Kimberley's boyfriend since before they even started going out. I know I'm not supposed to pursue friends's boyfriends, but its not like we're that close or anything...I feel like a horrible person for saying that but its true. I want him really badly, but he is off-limits ovbiously because he is taken. And I am able to get over guys easily (for those of you who knew about Alex I'm over him now...) but the problem is is that he flirts with me like all the time!! Its constant and I don't want to but I do and I don't feel that bad about the flirting but I feel bad about the end results. I ended up kissing him once and we kinda made out in the guys locker room, which I could get in trouble for too. We decided we couldn't do that any more and we have kept it from Kimberley, but it needs to stop before someone gets hurt. Any advice on how I can prevent all this **** and get over him??

For those of you who read my post about Alex (wut do u think the odds r...) about a week or more ago, I am over him because I found out that he only wanted to **** me...my ex boyfriend is friends with him and he found out. ANd more drama went on so yeah...but yeah yall were pretty much rite about him lol, he wont even talk to me now so wutever...but thanx for ur advice if u have any for me now thatd be great!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2004, 04:36 PM   #2
USER-NAME

USER-NAME HB User
Re: AHHH!! I like my friends boyfriend--help lol!!

Bold, stay away, he is takin. you cant have have him, END of story...

and i have this weird theory, what you do in love, will always happen to you...
how would you feel if you were in your friends position, it would be lousy on you, wouldnt it?? so you get a choice...

well thats my opinion,
anyway, what ever discession you make... i hope it works out ok for you!
good luck! and remember, theres plenty of fish in the sea, you dont need to steal one!

Old 05-25-2004, 05:27 PM   #3
Dark Stranger
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I have to agree with USER-NAME...stay away. If you try to make any moves you'll be destroying your friendship with Kimberly. And hypothetically speaking if he were to leave her for you, she would probably still refuse to be in contact with you. But the best thing you can do is be good friends to them both.

I've experienced a similar situation as well...at my boyfriend's b-day party some of his friends who he doesn't see much came over and I got to hang out with them (and became one of the guys XD). His one friend "Mark" seemed really cool because he's a lot like my boyfriend "Joe". Last month I believe it was, Joe told me that he had a conversation with Mark, and Mark admitted to Joe (who is his best friend) that he liked me. He said he liked me because "I really understood him".

Yes I was flattered but Joe told him nicely I was already taken and they both had a good laugh. They're still friends and all, nothing's changed. But I told Joe...that if I can understand him, I can understand ANYONE because he's almost as crazy as me.

But yeah...anyways...the bottom line, dirrtyblonde07, is if Kimberly's boyfriend starts making moves, do not return them. If you want to preserve your friendship with your friend, don't try and steal away her love.

Dark Stranger - has nothing witty to say... O.o

Old 05-26-2004, 01:30 PM   #4
so_confuzzled

so_confuzzled HB User

Bad idea you totally need to stay out of that.. Ok I dunno how to put this. Butttt Youve said you kissed him hence he already cheated on kimberly. therefor the majority of people i knwo if not all hate being cheated on my theory is if your with someone you are with them because you want to be with them and only them.. If you weren't in it for that then why the **** would you be in a relationship if your just gonna cheat.. Also lets say he did leave kimberly for you he might as wel go off and cheat on you.. Its just a round of things, once a cheater always a cheater they say, my dad cheated on my mom he quit taht was a messy situation. don't do this to your friend even if you aren't that close to her, it'll tear her apart. Shell be so betrayed.. Just stop and think about if you were in her shoes and what could happen if you did end up getting with him, Your still young theres plenty of guys, just go looking somewhere else, stay away from that territory, think of it as "no trespassing, private property!!!" -chrys

Old 05-26-2004, 01:51 PM   #5
USER-NAME

USER-NAME HB User

yes,i would never go out with somebody if they cheated on someone before...

Old 05-26-2004, 02:23 PM   #6
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Its ok to like but bad to persue anything. This is your bestfriend's boyfriend and if you interfer with the relationship then you will loose out on her and maybe him. You said tht you get over guys quickly and I would suggest you doing so with this. You also say that he flirts with you but ignore it for the time being; if he put a move on you then you let your friend know about it.

Old 05-26-2004, 06:48 PM   #7
dirrtyblonde07

dirrtyblonde07 HB User

well shes not my best friend (im not saying that its rite to do anything because of that im just makin a correction) and i dont want to ruin there relationship or our relationship and i already know everything yall are telling me. what i want to know is how to stop liking him please help me!! (sorry if i sound bitchy, that is not how i intended to come off )

Old 05-27-2004, 07:50 AM   #8
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirrtyblonde07
what i want to know is how to stop liking him please help me!! (sorry if i sound bitchy, that is not how i intended to come off )

Well that has has to deal with internal feeling and emotions. This is somthing that you will get over in time. Just don't keep and contact with him until your feeling are gone. You said that you feelings go quickly which means that you should be ok in 2 weeks.

Old 05-27-2004, 12:21 PM   #9
so_confuzzled

so_confuzzled HB User

I agree with eightball, hun you will get over him like i said you are young and there are plenty of yummy guys out there just for you MM yummy guys lol sorry. Yea just stay away from him keep your distance, prove to yourself that you can handle it without seeing him.. Another Idea is that maybe you should write a letter about your feelings for him write all of it down in a letter don't give it to him keep it for yourself, put it away and see how long you can keep it put away the longer you keep it put away the better. Maybe that will help you realize that you can handle it not liking him. And when you are over him then you should pull it out and read it. And if you start to feel feelings for him again then put it away again. I wish you luck-chrystal

Closed Thread