It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

Friend Problems

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2004, 03:29 PM   #1
Aflagala

Aflagala HB User
Question Friend Problems

my friend always wants to be right. so everytime were in a fight i let her win in the end because our friendship is more importent then winning the fight. but this one fight we are in now she knows that i am only letting her win because i want to be friends and then she thinks she doesnt win. on top of that she never tells me whats wrong or what i did to make her mad. what should i do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2004, 03:57 PM   #2
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: Friend Problems

Letting her win will only make her feel good about herself. Does she have low self-esteem?

There is nothing wrong with tossing up the white flag every now and then but sometimes if you no that they are in the wrong then you have to put then in thier spot.

Since you let her win this one then that means you both are on ok terms. Now is the time to talk to her. Reassure her that you are her friend and there for her. She may need a hug. Let her know that being a friend means opening and letting you help her with problems. If she doesn't then don't force it but it be healthier in the long run.

Old 05-27-2004, 04:01 PM   #3
USER-NAME

USER-NAME HB User

hmmm, sounds like a complicated friend,
maybe ye faught once and you let her win, after that happened a few times, she is now just fighting for the sake of it so she can win again... its a possibility, but i could be 100% wrong too,
or maybe she could be just that kinda person,
i think you should just talk to her, tell her how it is annoying, tell her you dont leave her win, that you just dont want to fight because as you said, your friendship is more important, ask her to look at it that way the next time.
explain theres no point in it.
anyway, whatever you do, good luck,
reply and let me know how ya get on!
bye!

Old 05-27-2004, 04:04 PM   #4
USER-NAME

USER-NAME HB User

DARN, eightball got there 1st to reply
stupid fast typer!!!

we were both kinda on the same track though!

Old 05-27-2004, 06:23 PM   #5
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER-NAME
i think you should just talk to her, tell her how it is annoying, tell her you dont leave her win, that you just dont want to fight because as you said, your friendship is more important, ask her to look at it that way the next time.
explain theres no point in it.!
COMMUNICATION~ this will be the never ending battle. We have all been there and will still continue to see this with friends but the best way to set the record straight is open you mouth up and talk.

Closed Thread