It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Beautiful vs. Pretty vs. Cute vs. Hot

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2004, 07:29 PM   #1
    fyre
    (female)

fyre HB User
    Beautiful vs. Pretty vs. Cute vs. Hot

Beautiful, Pretty, Cute, Hot

Okay, so we've all heard guys use these terms before to describe girls, and they're all good. But how do you decide which term to use when describing the girl? Is there any certain qualities or groups of qualities (physical, personality) that would be better defined by one term than another, or what? To you, what's the difference between the terms, how do you define them?

From what I see, "Beautiful" seems to be the most "serious" of the terms, and the one least thrown around casually. It's the one held in highest regard. My opinion anyway. I'm just curious what you have to say.

This question's mainly for the guys, but of course girls can put input to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2004, 09:33 PM   #2
    Hid5650

Hid5650 HB User
    Re: Beautiful vs. Pretty vs. Cute vs. Hot

this is the way i define them...

Beautiful- good looking with good body
    Pretty- good looking face
    Cute- adorable actions (includes speaking)
    hot- sexual desire

thats what i think

Old 05-29-2004, 10:42 PM   #3
    Dark Stranger
    Inactive
    (female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I think pretty and beautiful go hand in hand..."pretty" being to a lesser degree than beautiful. "Cute" characterizes features like personality and perhaps appearance if the girl is, dare I say, huggable XD. I always tell my boyfriend he's cute in that way and compare him to a teddy bear and such. It's kind of silly but it's true - he does remind me of one ^.^

As for hot, well...I don't like that word very much. No offense to anyone here and no flaming please, but I have always linked hot to those dirty girls who like to show off their bodies with the low cut shirts and tight tight jeans...more or less the girls who act like/are dirty tramps. And believe you me, those kinds of girls make up about 95% of my school's female population.

Rather than "hot" or as stupid people have come to spell it, "hott", I prefer good-looking or just beautiful. If you really really really like a girl in THAT way and she's like the girls I described above then go for hot or sexy or whatever.

Dark Stranger - don't like hot stuff

Old 05-29-2004, 11:11 PM   #4
    Will M.
    Veteran

Will M. HB User

For me, it depends on the personality. A girl could be very beautiful, but the term just doesn't fit the girl, if that makes since, probably not.

Here are my definitions:

Beautiful - Whole person; mind, soul, personality, appearence, everything
    Cute - Sweet personality, smile, eyes, body
    Pretty - Temorary Cute, I'd use this for someone who dressed up for a special occassion
    Hot - Lowest grade of a person. Could be the most evil person in the world, have a horrible personallity, ect, but a nice body. I would NOT date anyone under my definition of "hot."

Last edited by Will M.; 05-29-2004 at 11:13 PM.

Old 05-30-2004, 04:27 AM   #5
    USER-NAME

USER-NAME HB User

yes, when boys describe some as hot, its the same really as saying "id love to **** her" but they dont care the slightest way about her, she might have the worst personality ever! <<< i know that a very mixed up / bad description, i couldnt think of a good way to say it

Old 05-30-2004, 07:54 AM   #6
    euskatel786

euskatel786 HB User

BEAUTIFUL --> someone like your gf who you'd truly love not just cause of her body but her personality and the little things she does that make you love her more... someone who youre very serious about...

PRETTY --> The lesser of beautiful.. as darkstranger says.. while beautiful would only go to a girl you might have known and loved for a long time.. pretty can go to a girl who you might have seen walking around and heard about or even talked to a couple of times..

CUTE --> the next door girl kinda girl.. someone physically looks CUTE because she isnt HOT.. you know.. might not have a tight *** and big boobs.. someone who a guy would not usually look at sexually but would still be friends with just becase she would be a nice well grounded person to talk to and would help you out..

HOT --> yeah i would never date a hot girl either.. HOT girls are those you see in clubs that you have one night stands with (dont agree with that either).. but yeah, HOT is basically big boobs.. tight ***.. and showing it all off.. i wouldnt date because first they get NO respect from other girls and the only respect they get from guys is those who want to **** her..

Old 05-30-2004, 12:23 PM   #7
    herzblutx88
    (female)

herzblutx88 HB User
    ---------------

----------------

Last edited by herzblutx88; 12-14-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Old 05-30-2004, 01:09 PM   #8
    Will M.
    Veteran

Will M. HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Beautiful vs. Pretty vs. Cute vs. Hot

Quote:
    Originally Posted by herzblutx88
    i call a lot of girls hot but thats judging them by the way they look, i save beautful for the girls who i really like
    *Thumbs Up*

Old 05-31-2004, 11:53 AM   #9
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Beautiful vs. Pretty vs. Cute vs. Hot

Beautiful & pretty~ would be something you say to a girl.
    Cute & hot~ would be to a guy.

To me I would say a girl is beautiful when seeing her for the first time or is dresses nice for a dinner date. Pretty is somthing that I say if we have been together for a while.

Saying a guy is cute would be someting that friends agree with & saying a guy is hot wouldwork on first apprearence.

Old 05-31-2004, 11:56 AM   #10
    Will M.
    Veteran

Will M. HB User

There's also the word "handsome" which is usually for a guy, and I think if it's used for a girl, it sounds like the girl is ugly.

Old 05-31-2004, 08:02 PM   #11
    Makarov
    (male)

Makarov HB User

Here's how I see it:

*Beautiful-Everything about this person is great, personality, looks, most everything.
    *Pretty-Nice looks, something charming about them
    *Cute-Decent looks, maybe not the best looking person but for sure not ugly.
    *Hot-The best looking person, but looks only.

I tend to usually like the girls who fall under the "Cute" category.

Old 05-31-2004, 09:59 PM   #12
    Aflagala

Aflagala HB User

i think makarov pretty much covered it

Old 06-01-2004, 08:10 PM   #13
    jengisima

jengisima HB User

ok here it goes.

cute: the girl has attributes that are attractive and some attributes that are unattractive. for example, a girl with a pretty face who is kind of overweight... or a girl with a nice body but a bad face (girls like that are also called butter faces... as in "shes got a great body... but her face!")

pretty: most of her qualities are attractive, but not jaw dropping. usually pretty is a girl with sweet, attractive feminine qualities. It's, obviously, a set above cute.

hot: a girl with that is sexually attractive. usually "hot" relates to how a girl dresses... if she wears clothes that are sexy or exposing (although, you dont have to dress like that to be hot, but some guys think so). basically, there's something sexual about her.

beautiful: a girl who is overall attractive and worth a double take. confidence also plays in... a confident girl will seem a lot more attractive than an insecure girl.

Old 06-04-2004, 12:31 AM   #14
    Passion4BskBall

Passion4BskBall HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dark Stranger
    I think pretty and beautiful go hand in hand..."pretty" being to a lesser degree than beautiful. "Cute" characterizes features like personality and perhaps appearance if the girl is, dare I say, huggable XD. I always tell my boyfriend he's cute in that way and compare him to a teddy bear and such. It's kind of silly but it's true - he does remind me of one ^.^

As for hot, well...I don't like that word very much. No offense to anyone here and no flaming please, but I have always linked hot to those dirty girls who like to show off their bodies with the low cut shirts and tight tight jeans...more or less the girls who act like/are dirty tramps. And believe you me, those kinds of girls make up about 95% of my school's female population.

Rather than "hot" or as stupid people have come to spell it, "hott", I prefer good-looking or just beautiful. If you really really really like a girl in THAT way and she's like the girls I described above then go for hot or sexy or whatever.

Dark Stranger - don't like hot stuff

Agreed

Old 06-04-2004, 04:38 AM   #15
    The only name not taken
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

The only name not taken HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hid5650
    this is the way i define them...

Beautiful- good looking with good body
    Pretty- good looking face
    Cute- adorable actions (includes speaking)
    hot- sexual desire

thats what i think

.....Seconded.....

Closed Thread