It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

Falling for him or just Desperate?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2004, 11:45 PM   #1
IcyDestiny
(female)

IcyDestiny HB User
Unhappy Falling for him or just Desperate?

Okay here goes... PLEASE bear with me..
I go to a private christian school (a real small skewl). Im in grade 10 and about a month ago I found out thru my friend that this guy in grade 9 told her that he had this major crush on me for all the 2 years that i was at that school. But he didnt have the courage to come and talk to me all that time. He kept giving my friend gifts to give to me, which me and my friends thought was pretty lame cause ive never even met him face to face and hes giving me gifts. He finally asked for my phone number and when he called thats when i told him that he wasnt my type (as in i wasnt attracted to his physical appearence) But then i didnt know him at all, so we talked for over an hour and he would be really eager to talk to me alot it seemed like. But lately he told me 3 days ago that he would call me later and then when he didnt, i called him and he said that he was really busy. I keep wondering if he likes me anymore or not cause whenever i talk to him, i find myself falling for him even though i dont talk to him face to face. This frusterates me because he announced that he liked me at the busiest time of the school year when exams begin and I was leaving this school next year, id be going to a school in another city and it would be hard to do visits. Should I be the one who comes up and starts talking or see how things go? Should I enjoy it while I can cause i feel like i have to pull away so that i dont feel the pain when i gotta leave... Please reply

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2004, 12:03 AM   #2
Will M.
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Re: Falling for him or just Desperate?

It's always important to talk to people, no matter what they look like. This kid may be a great friend to have. I think you should talk to him more, it doesn't mean you have to go out with him. I've learned to talk to a lot more people, and it's amazing to discover how interesting the quietest person is. Keep in touch with him if you can.

Old 05-30-2004, 12:12 AM   #3
IcyDestiny
(female)

IcyDestiny HB User

Thanks Will, you make it sound so simple.. Im one of those shy types especially around guys. I feel like i intimidate guys, he even had a hard time saying "hi" to me and he had his friends for backup. I guess id have to go up to him during lunch when his friends arent with him, im gonna be a nervous wreck heh.

Old 05-30-2004, 12:21 AM   #4
Will M.
Veteran

Will M. HB User

The more you talk to eachother, the better you two will get better at it. I'm the same way, around girls I like. It always takes a few tries, to learn how to feel relaxed while talking. You'll do fine.

I'm going to bed...

Old 05-30-2004, 12:52 AM   #5
IcyDestiny
(female)

IcyDestiny HB User

I guess hes tried really hard to have me liking him... I should do something in return

Old 05-30-2004, 05:44 AM   #6
USER-NAME

USER-NAME HB User

hmmm, you had him liking you, then when he finally got turned down by you after 2 years, he stopped liking you, now you want him to like you again, more than likely, he still has feeling for you, if you like someone for 2 yearsm you cant just deicide : im gonna stop liking them. so i think talk to him, tell him that you like the way he tried, so i think just get to know him better and who knows, ye might end up together!
good luck!

Old 06-04-2004, 09:21 PM   #7
IcyDestiny
(female)

IcyDestiny HB User

Thanks guys, whenever i call him these days his mother is mad at him cause she thinks we talk on the phone too much (thats what she thinks) So since shes over protective ill just sit back and have him phone me.

Closed Thread