It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

How does everyone here ask people out?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2004, 04:17 PM   #1
Will M.
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Question How does everyone here ask people out?

I'm just curious. What do you think is the best way to ask someone out? Like if it's a guy asking a girl out. Girls can answer too, though. I'm 16, and only asked two girls out before, except I was turned down. I just wanted to know if what the best choice of words are.

Thank You.

Last edited by Will M.; 05-30-2004 at 04:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2004, 04:54 PM   #2
USER-NAME

USER-NAME HB User
Re: How does everyone here ask people out?

i think the best way is to just casualy talk to them, find out some intrests, then ask them straight out as if there is nothing to worry about..

this i think is the best way, or sle get a friend to ask for you, its only the 1st date will be awkwad to ask them for, after that, you should be able to ask without worry!

Old 05-31-2004, 10:55 AM   #3
ePhoenix

ePhoenix HB User

I used to ask quite a few people out and get turned down quite a lot.. and now i'm 20 with a boyfriend that I've had for about 2 and a half years... very happy

from my experience.. don't get your friends to do it, just don't... they screw it up. it doesn't seem as genuine and the other person might think that it's a joke. doing it yourself is so much more romantic I guess coming from a girl's point a view...

with my bf, it's so cute that I just have to share! (hope you don't mind :P)

(after class one day we were walking towards school assembly together)
me: errr... can I talk to you about something?
him: ok
me: well you know how there's a rumour going around about some girl that likes you?... *pause*
him: ok...
me (thinking: stop playing dumb!!!): do you know who that is?
him: err no...
me: oh you're so thick! (yeah I said it)
him: oh... are you saying that it's you?
me: *blushes hardcore* errr yeah... I guess
him: then it's yes
me: yes for what?
him: yes, I'll go out with you

*swoons*

p.s. it helps to get to know them on a friends basis first as well

Old 05-31-2004, 12:48 PM   #4
Will M.
Veteran

Will M. HB User

That's pretty cool. I think most people are embarrased to post how they ask people out in this thread. C'mon people, we've all been there, keep posting!

Here's what I have done:

I've learned if you say the word "lunch" the girl might know it's a date:
"Would you like to get lunch sometime after school?"

Then the second girl I asked out, didn't seem to realize I was asking her out until a few days later--didn't happen:
"Would you like to get together soon?"

I guess you have to be more specific.

Old 05-31-2004, 01:15 PM   #5
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

I have a fear of asking right out. What I have done in the past Will is let conversation build around what I want to do then mention that we should go someime to hear her reply.

Last edited by eightball61; 06-02-2004 at 07:37 AM.

Old 05-31-2004, 02:13 PM   #6
irblir

irblir HB User

i'd do the same thing! it's so much easier and if you get turned down, eh at leats you tried!

Old 05-31-2004, 03:23 PM   #7
USER-NAME

USER-NAME HB User

ya i think 90% of the people reading this thread will ask for advice on healthboards.com about asking people out!! the other 10% done it straight out!

Old 05-31-2004, 06:35 PM   #8
goirish1

goirish1 HB User

make sure you ask her to some place in particular, she's much more likley to say yes

Old 05-31-2004, 08:27 PM   #9
Will M.
Veteran

Will M. HB User

I don't have anyone in particular to ask out, this is more of a hypothetical thread.

Another question I have is if you've met someone and talked to them casualy for a short time, and you both know you'll never see eachother again, if it's okay to ask her out, or get a phone number?--That is if you got a long really well.
Because that happened to me once. I met a really cool girl at some festival, and we hung out for an hour or two. I think she had boyfriend, but she hung out with me a lot more. I never tried to get her number, because I wasn't sure if that was right.

Old 05-31-2004, 11:11 PM   #10
Aflagala

Aflagala HB User
Cool Re: How does everyone here ask people out?

i dont know if this will help but im more of a movie date-er. i like to go to a movies for a couple of reasons:
1. easy to ask a girl out to it, you j,ust go up to them have a casual chat, start talkin about things that are out, then just ask them if they would like to see a movie
2. if you get rejected then it doesnt leave any strange feelings if they say no
3. i find it easier to flirt in a movie with a girl (i dont know why for this number)
4. it is easier to kiss in during a movie
5. if she turns away when if/when you try to kiss her then the weird feelings that are in the movie disapear when you leave and then you can have a normal talk

as for your next question the best thing to do if you meet a girl that you will probibly never see again is to ask for her phone number because she is leaving and would probibly not want to be rushed into a relationship. this way if you do ever see her again then you can chat and get better aquanted.

hope this helps and good luck

Old 06-01-2004, 01:10 AM   #11
ForgetMeKnot
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User

Asking someone out over the internet is more common now, you could try that, that way its not directly in your face. My boyfriend currently, was shy and we were friends were two and a half months, he wouldnt ask me out and i never asked anyone out, so finally one night after going out to a movie with him and his friend and one of my friiends, he was on aol instant messenger and I told him i had to go to bed and he told me to read his info first and it said will u go out with me so i was like aww okay i will, then i had to go to bed lol i was only 15 then:P

Old 06-01-2004, 04:54 PM   #12
bluetooth
Veteran

bluetooth HB User

the best way for me...

I always always! ask them to go out somewhere to spend time together, you can't do much better because every time, that person gets the hint you like them
thats how i ended up with my boyfriend now..

Old 06-02-2004, 07:45 AM   #13
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetMeKnot
Asking someone out over the internet is more common now, you could try that,
That is common now because is the more easier way of doing things. I remember back in my day it was send a note to that person or have a friend ask them out.

I look back at it now and figure that was tacky to do bad then. I do realize that it is hard to ask a person out but I have figured that its much better asking out face to face.

Last edited by eightball61; 06-02-2004 at 07:45 AM.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:00 AM   #14
Pajama Master

Pajama Master HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ePhoenix
I used to ask quite a few people out and get turned down quite a lot.. and now i'm 20 with a boyfriend that I've had for about 2 and a half years... very happy

from my experience.. don't get your friends to do it, just don't... they screw it up. it doesn't seem as genuine and the other person might think that it's a joke. doing it yourself is so much more romantic I guess coming from a girl's point a view...

with my bf, it's so cute that I just have to share! (hope you don't mind :P)

(after class one day we were walking towards school assembly together)
me: errr... can I talk to you about something?
him: ok
me: well you know how there's a rumour going around about some girl that likes you?... *pause*
him: ok...
me (thinking: stop playing dumb!!!): do you know who that is?
him: err no...
me: oh you're so thick! (yeah I said it)
him: oh... are you saying that it's you?
me: *blushes hardcore* errr yeah... I guess
him: then it's yes
me: yes for what?
him: yes, I'll go out with you

*swoons*

p.s. it helps to get to know them on a friends basis first as well
Haha I just wanna say, that's a cute + funny.

Hmm, well, I always like to do something funny, say something funny... Like, here's my pickup line, I don't advise you use it because girls usually laugh first haha

"Hi there *GIRLS NAME*. I couldn't help noticing your beautiful smile... I was wondering, if you weren't too busy, would you like to come enjoy a low fat strawberry smoothie with me?" And then... they laugh at me... But hey, I still gotta pay for it!!! Haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hey buddy!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:13 AM   #15
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajama Master
"Hi there *GIRLS NAME*. I couldn't help noticing your beautiful smile... I was wondering, if you weren't too busy, would you like to come enjoy a low fat strawberry smoothie with me?" And then... they laugh at me... But hey, I still gotta pay for it!!! Haha

The girl may take it as your calling her fat

Closed Thread