It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Hickey?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-30-2004, 06:33 PM   #1
    Skiing9689
    (male)

Skiing9689 HB User
    Hickey?

What is the deal with these things? Ive never recieved one, but is there any pleasure in it? Or are they purely to claim "ownership" of someone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2004, 07:12 PM   #2
    Will M.
    Veteran

Will M. HB User
    Re: Hickey?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skiing9689
    What is the deal with these things? Ive never recieved one, but is there any pleasure in it? Or are they purely to claim "ownership" of someone?
    I don't understand it anyway. But most people who have "recieved" hickies end up bragging about to their friends, so it's probably an ego thing.

Old 05-30-2004, 09:58 PM   #3
    raggae
    (female)

raggae HB User

i think they can feel nice if they guy knows the way i like it. some people have sensitive areas on their necks (or elseware) that just feel good to have oral attention to. tho i won't deny that i once gave a hickey to sortof say, "he's mine" to all the girls who had recently started flirting more with him!

Old 05-30-2004, 10:30 PM   #4
    Will M.
    Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by raggae
    i think they can feel nice if they guy knows the way i like it. some people have sensitive areas on their necks (or elseware) that just feel good to have oral attention to. tho i won't deny that i once gave a hickey to sortof say, "he's mine" to all the girls who had recently started flirting more with him!
    I guess that "(s)he's mine" sorta makes since, but the thought of a territorial relationship is a turn off, at least for me. I can understand how it would feel nice though, but I think the intentional mark is kinda wierd.

Old 05-31-2004, 12:40 AM   #5
    vegasgirlkelly

vegasgirlkelly HB User

It's all about branding. Kissing on the neck feels nice but it's not pretty to look at and makes you look trashy.

Old 05-31-2004, 01:27 AM   #6
    eminemworshipper
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

eminemworshipper HB User

Hey....

They do look 'trashy'...DEFINITELY. When I was in my young teens...i remember guys just giving girls them etc so they looked 'the man'...and the girls to make them look 'popular'..although I never agreed with it!
    A guy has given me some by accident...lol..and yes..that can happen!! I happen to have a very sensitive neck..but it does feel nice in general...i just dont like the aftermath of it!!

XX

Old 05-31-2004, 08:03 AM   #7
    USER-NAME

USER-NAME HB User

i have recieved one 2 days ago, the mark is still there, i dont think it is about ego, i think its more off... i dunno, you just want to do something!! plus it tickles they can cause blood posioning and they look bad though...

Old 05-31-2004, 09:31 AM   #8
    ePhoenix

ePhoenix HB User

purely ownership... not much pleasure from recipient but once I was watching an opera with my boyfriend, got bored... started pleasuring each other, and giving him a hickey was a great way to stop myself from screaming :P

Old 05-31-2004, 07:25 PM   #9
    wondertwin44

wondertwin44 HB User

My neck is sensitive. So, personally, I find physical pleasure in having a guy kiss, suck, or bite my neck, which usually results in a hickey. Also, I find physical pleasure in doing the same thing to a guy. I do think they look trashy, but they feel good. So every once in a while itís ok in my opinion.
    Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
    Carrie, ~SATC~

Old 05-31-2004, 10:02 PM   #10
    Aflagala

Aflagala HB User

first of all i dont think there is much pleasure in a hickey. second of all i dont consider hickeys as placing ownership over someone. i tend to give them on accidents mostly, or sometimes as just teasing, but i dont do it alot. i think it was said earlier but they look slightly trashy

hope this helps

Old 06-03-2004, 04:32 AM   #11
    liljo
    (female)

liljo HB User

i dont mind them lower down on my neck, but my neck is sooo sensitive it feels amazin + i agree with an earlier post givin them is a def way of stopping ur self expressing said pleasure vocally, i give my boyf them occasionally, cos they tickle him!!?? lol so if hes winding me up, i wind him up, i dunno bout the owner ship bit as much, i like hte feeling i get when i am givin 1, but i dont like the lecture frm my mum ~ "they'll give ya cancer"

how????

luv liljo
    luvz lil jo xxx

Old 06-04-2004, 12:16 AM   #12
    Passion4BskBall

Passion4BskBall HB User

i got my first and given my first a few days ago like a week ago.. ya its kinda wierd giving and kinda odd gettin but its ok.. i didnt brag tho.. i feel like he kinda left his love mark on my and ya thats technically what it is.. Love Marks..

some brag and some dont i personally dont

Closed Thread