It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• too skinny for guys?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-01-2004, 06:50 AM   #1
    SwTpEa1988

SwTpEa1988 HB User
    Arrow too skinny for guys?

i am 5'6'' 105 lbs and size 0. is that too skinny for guys? do u guys like girls that are big and busty? i was just wondering if i am abnormal for being so skinny. and i dont go on any diets im just naturally like this! please respond!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2004, 09:03 AM   #2
    vacantbreath

vacantbreath HB User
    Re: too skinny for guys?

at 5'6" at 105 you have a bmi of 16.9...17.5 is the border between being underweight and anorexic. you are very underweight, but if it isn't causing medical problems i wouldn't worry about it. if you are healthy and can function at that weight, that's great. i just hope you're saying you're naturally like that because you really are -- i am anorexic and this post reminds me vaguely of going to some health message board posting "is it ok to be so and so weight healthfully" when i was really not healthy. also, you're a teenager, you'll probably gain some as you mature and that's normal. take care, don't worry what guys think. guys will pretty much take anything, lol.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:57 PM   #3
    SwTpEa1988

SwTpEa1988 HB User

i have a bmi of 17.3 and im really worried about being too thin. i have been thin all my life and my doctor said that i have a fast metabolism. i run track and am very fast so yes i can function normally at this weight. it is very insulting for someone to think i might be anorexic that is the whole reason why i want to gain weight!

Old 06-01-2004, 03:15 PM   #4
    USER-NAME

USER-NAME HB User

ima boy, i have no idea weather thats big or small, i have no idea what a BMI is... so talk in man language but if it makes it any better, i prefer girls that arnt skinny and arnt fat, jus normal..

Old 06-01-2004, 03:49 PM   #5
    goatofthenever

goatofthenever HB User

skinny girls are great. Unless they are sickly, which it doesn't sound you are.

Old 06-01-2004, 07:52 PM   #6
    jengisima

jengisima HB User

OMG! I LOVE YOU! lol i know EXACTLY how you feel! I am 5'8" and around 117... that is a very unhealthy weight for my height. just like you, i have a very fast matabolism... I wear a size 3. anyway, there is hope! for the longest time I thought that guys only liked girls with big boobs and lots of curves... the truth is that the only thing you need to be attractive is confidence (of course, appearance helps, but confidence is more important). i know many gross looking girls (to put it bluntly) who have attractive boyfriends because they are confident and outgoing. confidence is definitely the most attractive thing a girl can have. honestly, lots of guys like the busty girls, but lots of guys like slender girls, too. i know lots of guys who honestly dont like gigantic boobs; they think they are overpowering and usually link gigantic boobs with fat girls. if you think good, cute guys dont like thin girls with small boobs... think of me... my boyfriend and i have been dating for 2 yrs now and hes a total babe. confidence! trust me. skinny-minnie power!

Old 06-01-2004, 07:56 PM   #7
    jengisima

jengisima HB User

oh, also, freshman year i was 5'7" and weighed 100 lbs... and that was when my boyfriend and i first started talking and he first started to like me. i am nowhere near anorexic (i eat like a pig). so i really do know what you're talking about. my boyfriend and many other guys i know can admit that they like slender girls. but like i said, dont be insecure about your weight. be happy with your body, and be confident! it wasn't until i stopped being insecure and started to like myself for who i was that guys started to be interested in me.

Old 06-02-2004, 07:22 AM   #8
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

There is nothing wrong with having a fast metabolism. You are seeing a docter about it and it not like you are trying to hurt your body. You body is made to be skinny. We are all made differently and our organs do adjust to that. Keep eating healthy and keeping in shape and you will be fine.

As for guy liking skinny girls....It really depends. Each guy looks for different appearence or character. You will find someone that like you for you.

Old 06-02-2004, 07:54 AM   #9
    blue_eyed_girl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

My brother is the same way. He is 6'3" and weighted around 158lbs, pretty much 0 body fat. He should be around 180. My mom and dad took him to a nutritionist who put him on a diet. He is also on a weight lifting program. Because he plays baseball, she said he doesn't need to do any cardio unless he wants to. He has three big meals a day and two health shakes in between. He eats the same things every day. He starts out with 7 eggs and and a bowl of oatmeal and fruit. He has been on it for about 10 days and has put on seven pounds.

I am not a guy, so I don't know what they want. However, you are very thin and they may be afraid of "breaking" you.

Old 06-02-2004, 09:00 PM   #10
    Geek_USA

Geek_USA HB User

I like skinny girls, but I guess here in the states a lot of guys like busty girls, dunno why.

As far as the other girls said, yeah a lot of guys (including me) don't really care for big boobs, almost anything goes.

Your fine no worries.

Last edited by Geek_USA; 06-02-2004 at 09:03 PM.

Old 06-03-2004, 12:24 PM   #11
    SwTpEa1988

SwTpEa1988 HB User

thanks for all ur advice! jengisima i totally understand u!! though im skinny i still have a B cup which isnt bad but are guys really scared of "breaking me?" i was thinking of going to a nutritionist to get a diet where i can gain 7 lbs in 10 days that sounds amazing. i think that by gaining a few pounds i will also gain confidence. thanks everyone!

Old 06-04-2004, 12:23 AM   #12
    Passion4BskBall

Passion4BskBall HB User

my friend is really skinny..she isnt sick but it looks like she is.. she just doesnt gain weight.. she is 6'2 and wieghts 135 i am 6'1 and weigh 155 so she is underweight.. we did a body fat thing in PE last year she wasnt even on the chart i was like 15.2 or something... is that alot?

but she is healthy we are both soph. and we play varsity basketball so we are in good health.. she eats alot too.. junk food and doesnt gain nothin

Old 06-04-2004, 08:51 PM   #13
    Geek_USA

Geek_USA HB User

15.2 Is supposedly alright, its I think between 10-15 or something thats good, but 15.2 isn't "bad"

I wouldn't worry too much about being underwights, and no guys aren't scared of breaking a girl, some guys don't like skinny girls for who knows what reason, but some do. Some guys like chubby girls, some don't. So I suppose you cannot be good for everyone, be happy with how you are.

Old 06-05-2004, 08:42 AM   #14
    SwTpEa1988

SwTpEa1988 HB User

do any guys here like skinny girls? and why?

Old 06-05-2004, 09:10 AM   #15
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SwTpEa1988
    do any guys here like skinny girls? and why?

It never matter much to me but guys like skinny girls because they are a little more attractive and appealing. When a guy take a girl out its like having an award. They have to have somone to show off. This is sad why a lot do this but it is true. Character should be the ideal characterist to go for.

My thoughts

Closed Thread