It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• what is average size for my age, and am bigger than the average size?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-08-2004, 09:30 AM   #1
    Ian_Reed16

Ian_Reed16 HB User
    what is average size for my age, and am bigger than the average size?

Hey my size has never really bothered me but ive always wondered what was a normal size for sixteen or being a softmore. I am 6'2" 198 pounds and play left gaurd on my schools jv and varsity team am i average size or over averaged? im taller than everyone except 3 or 4 kids in my class in a class of 135. I also weightlift with the football team during the summer and can bench 185 squat 225 and power-clean 165 is that and ok strength or is it too low? their are alot more people stronger than me but their are alot that are weaker too.

thanks.
    Ian_Reed16

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2004, 09:39 AM   #2
    TomsWife
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TomsWife HB User
    Re: what is average size for my age, and am bigger than the average size?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ian_Reed16
    Hey my size has never really bothered me but ive always wondered what was a normal size for sixteen or being a softmore. I am 6'2" 198 pounds and play left gaurd on my schools jv and varsity team am i average size or over averaged? im taller than everyone except 3 or 4 kids in my class in a class of 135. I also weightlift with the football team during the summer and can bench 185 squat 225 and power-clean 165 is that and ok strength or is it too low? their are alot more people stronger than me but their are alot that are weaker too.

thanks.
    Ian_Reed16
    You say you are taller than all but three so that sounds like you are above average in height. Next you say you say there are alot weaker and alot stronger than you. Sounds like you are average in that area. You answered your own questions. Or did you want to hear something else?

Last edited by Tomsgirl; 06-08-2004 at 09:40 AM.

Old 06-08-2004, 09:50 AM   #3
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

You seem pretty fair. 6'2 is tall compared to an average of what 5'10 or 5'11 in your class. You are not fat being 198 pounds. You weight lift and you are a tall boy which puts on a few more pounds compared to someone shorter. Just keep inshape and your health will be fine.

Old 06-08-2004, 08:26 PM   #4
    Ian_Reed16

Ian_Reed16 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tomsgirl
    You say you are taller than all but three so that sounds like you are above average in height. Next you say you say there are alot weaker and alot stronger than you. Sounds like you are average in that area. You answered your own questions. Or did you want to hear something else?

yes i was looking for a little more as in whats average to the guys that you know or have seen etc.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:04 PM   #5
    Geek_USA

Geek_USA HB User

I don't know, if your strenght is average, you may want to watch the weight a little bit. But it also may just be muscle.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:54 AM   #6
    Pajama Master

Pajama Master HB User

I think you're pretty average, and don't compare weight with size, I bet a lot is muscle too, it's heavier. Plus there's no 'correct' height for any age (right?).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Hey buddy!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread