It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

unhappy me!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2004, 04:02 PM   #1
bluetooth
Veteran

bluetooth HB User
unhappy me!

hmmm ever felt like an alien inside your own home??

I do ! its like what i do pleases my parents but i feel im not what they really want because me and my sibling recieve different attention!

anyone available to have a talk with who can shed some light? :S

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2004, 04:07 PM   #2
justme_
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User
Re: unhappy me!

Aww.. Don't feel unhappy. Tell me what's going on at home? Is your sibling older or younger? Usually the older ones are expected more from and need less attention. Or the younger one always feels like he/she isn't as good as their older sibling cause they need so much attention and don't learn to do things their way.
What's going on? I'm sure your parents love you. It's just maybe they think you don't need their attention, and your sibling does. Maybe they think you're doing a great job on your own and are very proud of you.

Old 06-14-2004, 04:15 PM   #3
bluetooth
Veteran

bluetooth HB User

ok i feel like a robot, switch me on perform and thats alll there is to me. i feel like they hardly know me and i hardly know my family
of course my parents love me but i feel like a total outcast in comparison and that i only live there because they cant kick me out because it'd be too horrible?

drastic yes!
(younger sibling by the way)

Old 06-14-2004, 08:35 PM   #4
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

So you are the oldest....hmmmm

It typical because you have younger one to tend to. But you are the oldest and these kids are going to look up to you as a role model as they get older.

You say you don't know you parent and you feel like an outkast but that is happening because you are letting it happen. You need to get more active and maybe watch the younger ones, help make dinner, or hang around tv time. You need to do somthing with them all there so you can get in on the convo.

I am the middles child. I too felt like you but I got more active recently in the family things and notice a huge change.

Old 06-14-2004, 10:23 PM   #5
Connor

Connor HB User

my parents only know what they think they know about me. but really they have no clue as to who i am. so dont feel like ur at a loss here. its just the way some people are with parents. so ur definately not the first who feels like ur a stranger to them.

as for the lack of attention. its probably cause ur older. and they probably think that they raised u already. and u dont need the attention anymore. cause ur the oldest. not to say they dont care for u. but they wont feel like they need to show u that they care and wuv u. some parents are that way. ive seen several of my friends parents who are like that. they just arent close. or they are closer to one parent than the other.

where they tell u to do something. and u do it just so u wont have to **** them off or put up with a fuss. this probably means ur gonna wind up being more independent and more mature than expected.

Old 06-15-2004, 07:22 AM   #6
justme_
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

Well how can you be strangers to each other? Your family are the only people who will always be there for you, and the only ones you can trust. You live with them and see them every day. They watched you grow up. You've always had them in your life. How do you not know each other? I think your parents know you better than you think.

Old 06-15-2004, 07:38 AM   #7
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme_
How do you not know each other?
Parents know thier children but when teen years hit the children want to become more independant and hide things from thier parents. I am thinking this is the case here. That why i am sugeestion to do little things to help them out and open more to the family.

Old 06-15-2004, 08:28 AM   #8
justme_
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

lol. I'm not hiding anything from my mom. Wow..really. Nothing. I think I'm quite capable of taking care of myself though. But I don't think it's appropiate to keep things from her.

Old 06-15-2004, 08:43 AM   #9
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
lol. I'm not hiding anything from my mom. Wow..really. Nothing. I think I'm quite capable of taking care of myself though. But I don't think it's appropiate to keep things from her.

You don't but a majority of teens do. They want to test thier limits because mom or dad said no. Thats how you get in trouble and distance yourself from them.

I just say live life because you parents will not always be there. Tell them everyday that you love and give a big hug.

Old 06-15-2004, 09:09 AM   #10
justme_
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

Oh. I'm not saying I always listen to my mom. lol. No. I do what I think is right. But she usually agrees and if not I will tell her afterwards or even in advance so she knows where I'm going.

Old 06-15-2004, 09:13 AM   #11
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Oh. I'm not saying I always listen to my mom. lol. No. I do what I think is right. But she usually agrees and if not I will tell her afterwards or even in advance so she knows where I'm going.

& that all you have to do. Let them know where you will be.

Old 06-15-2004, 09:30 AM   #12
justme_
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

Yeah. It's okay to make decisions on your own and you don't always have to listen to your parents but don't lie to them either. Be truthful.

Old 06-15-2004, 09:39 AM   #13
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Right....Your parents are there to quide you and help make your decisions but in reality you have the final say because you can always go behind their back and thats not being truthful.

Old 06-15-2004, 09:55 AM   #14
justme_
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

You don't have to go behind their back to have the final say. That's what I've been saying. Don't lie to them. Be honest about what you did/ are going to do. And have your reasons for doing so.

Old 06-15-2004, 09:59 AM   #15
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
You don't have to go behind their back to have the final say. That's what I've been saying. Don't lie to them. Be honest about what you did/ are going to do. And have your reasons for doing so.

Your going to be a good mom and role model to your children.

Closed Thread