It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

Drinking!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2004, 04:24 AM   #1
USER-NAME

USER-NAME HB User
Red face Drinking!!

as ye know, something that will more than likely happen to ye in your teens is underage drinking, right i have a question...
you know a hangover?? is that just feeling sick / tired / like s*it or does it mentally effect you aswell, lately iv noticed, anytime i go drinking (heavy and get locked) the next day i feel pure embarrised or something about something that happened when i was drunk, even if it wasnt something bad, it sux!! does that happen to everybody??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2004, 09:16 AM   #2
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: Drinking!!

Your gut feeling is telling you what you did was wrong and you are being sneaky about it. Ii never felt like this when a drank but when I did do something wrong like lie I would feel like crap for a few days. It stinks having these gut feelings. The only way to help them I found is not do somthing to cause them

Old 07-30-2004, 10:30 PM   #3
Girlie_303

Girlie_303 HB User

hmm the only hangover i ever get are liek feeling sick to my stomach and feeling like ***** basically lol-im not sure what you mean...by being embarressed (i cant spell for my life) but maybe its just guilt? but youll work out of it dont worry

Old 07-31-2004, 03:59 AM   #4
bluetooth
Veteran

bluetooth HB User

Hangovers occur in different shapes and form. You can either feel rotten the next day puking and suffer with a headache, or feel like how you describe, rotten and low.

For me, i suffer from fatigue and queesiness (spelling lol) the next morning.. it depends if you drank water after you finished drinking alcohol or if you sleep well. alcohol affects people in different ways.
I hear the best cures are cooked breakfasts and rest.

(and i get embarrased too and feel guilty even if ive had a good night, so you're not alone!!)

Old 07-31-2004, 05:13 AM   #5
ScaredKitty

ScaredKitty HB User

Alcohol is a depressent...its a downer. So a lot of people, while happy happy drunks, once the immediate drunkeness effects wear off, feel pretty crappy til the alcohol gets out of their system. It brings you down in the long run. Ever noticed how people get after they've stopped drinking for a few hours? they want to sleep, they arent all happy happy happy, and they're quite and kinda...party poopers. Its the after affects of being drunk. Not everyone feels it that much, but it does get to a lot of people. So thats probably why you feel pretty crappy in more than just physical ways.

Old 07-31-2004, 10:02 AM   #6
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredKitty
Alcohol is a depressent...its a downer. So a lot of people, while happy happy drunks, once the immediate drunkeness effects wear off, feel pretty crappy til the alcohol gets out of their system. It brings you down in the long run. Ever noticed how people get after they've stopped drinking for a few hours? they want to sleep, they arent all happy happy happy, and they're quite and kinda...party poopers. Its the after affects of being drunk. Not everyone feels it that much, but it does get to a lot of people. So thats probably why you feel pretty crappy in more than just physical ways.

It also depends on the amount of alcohol you drank. You are right about the effects and even from waking some people get a hang over. You never know how much you've comsumed until you know the effects the next moring. I know when I get very dumb and can't think straight the next day from drinking but we are all different.

Old 07-31-2004, 03:44 PM   #7
Geek_USA

Geek_USA HB User

Well it depends. When I get drunk in europe, legally with my age (at least one continent has a sane drinking age - 16) I never feel guilty. I did the first time back in the states when I got drunk, but I don't think it was cuz it was illegal. But instead because I also smoked like 5 packs that night and thought to myself (why did I stuff all that **** into me, in one night). But that was the first time, and that was also it, never felt guilty after.

About the hangovers, yeah I get them but I just feel a tad tired the next day, and if I passed out drinking the night before, I might wake up with a headache. Drinking doesn't bring you down, as long as your not stupid about it. I never had the depressed feeling. Then again its proabebly just one of those teacher scare tactics that doesn't work.

Closed Thread