It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

16 and scared

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2004, 07:38 PM   #1
babygurl486

babygurl486 HB User
16 and scared

I'm only 16, but I'm overweight and while I still have an active dating life, I wonder wheather often times why the person is attracted to me. I do have a pretty face but I often find myself wondering if they're even attracted to me. Can you be fat and still be sexy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2004, 09:21 PM   #2
Rheality
(female)

Rheality HB User
Re: 16 and scared

Hunny! yes you can! I was overweight at your age too. Shoot, i just got a tad skinnier this past year. I have guys look at me all the time and I dont dress provacatively at all! I too have a *pretty face* as everyone says. If only we could lose a few pounds right? I know how you feel. There are tastes made for the masses out in the world. No 2 people like exactly the same things. Be proud of who you are and if you arent happy with something, then change it. But change it for you, not for them. Good luck!

Rhea

Old 07-05-2004, 12:37 AM   #3
VansWarpedGirl

VansWarpedGirl HB User

Hey..i know how you feel..Im 15..im not exactly overweight.but..i sometimes feel like i am..and..i dont know..its really hard cuz..ive never really had a b/f yet..I have alot of friends that are guys but..no b/fs..but anyways..This guy i did go out with..I dont know why he went out with me..but he was a jerk anyways so yea..but this guy..ive never met him yet..but ive seen pictures of him and ive heard his voice..i really like him and I dont know if he likes me like that or not but..Im really scared to show him any pictures of me cuz ive known him for over a year and..Im not ugly either..I have a "pretty face" to but..im just obsessed with my weight..im 5'9 and i weigh like..184..but im also bigboned..It's really hard..k..well..ive said about all i can think of for right now so..buh bye ~*Heather*~

Old 07-11-2004, 05:35 PM   #4
MydeadSea

MydeadSea HB User

I've known people who were 99 lbs and not cute at all.....and i've known women who were 350+ and absolutely gorgeous. Trust me, weight has nothing to do with it. dont question yourself. and dont question the compliments you get. I'm sure you're very a very pretty girl, and it wouldnt matter if you were 600 lbs, you'd still be. take the compliments and run with them

Old 07-15-2004, 07:10 AM   #5
maak823
Inactive

maak823 HB User

I would say that you are pretty and have a great personality- which means you are attractive to boys for who YOU ARE, which is a wonderful thing! I think its great that society, especially teenagers are seeing that there is more to a person than being a "stick". I weighed 115 (I am 5'7") throughout my early years and after having children bloomed up to 224- I still had guys flirt with me and find me attractive, even at my heaviest. I am back down to about 150 now- not the greatest, but I have no problems with men looking at me and flirting with me. Its not all about weight!

Good luck to you and accept yourself for who YOU are- that's the most important thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygurl486
I'm only 16, but I'm overweight and while I still have an active dating life, I wonder wheather often times why the person is attracted to me. I do have a pretty face but I often find myself wondering if they're even attracted to me. Can you be fat and still be sexy?

Old 07-21-2004, 10:13 AM   #6
alleycat
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygurl486
Girl I know how you feel. I am 18 and going thru a similar problem. I can't really allow myself to date though because I feel like the guys don't really like me they just think I'm easy because I'm bigger. But yes you can still be sexy no matter how big you are.

Old 07-21-2004, 02:37 PM   #7
Geek_USA

Geek_USA HB User

It depends on the guy to be honest with you. I dont think someover overweight is sexy, but a lot of guys like girls with something to hold on to..a LOT of guys that is.

Old 07-21-2004, 03:19 PM   #8
Green1
(male)

Green1 HB User
Wink Re: 16 and scared

Hell yeah!!! It's a lot of fine girls that are overweight, and some guys like thick girls. Keep ya head up gurl!!!

Last edited by Green1; 07-21-2004 at 03:19 PM.

Old 07-21-2004, 03:40 PM   #9
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Don't think that way at all. Men and women both like different traits when they are looking for a partner. Some people like skinny people, plain people, models, People with pimples, over weight people, guys liking guys/girls liking girl, and ect.

What I am trying to say is that don't worry. Once you are out of high school you will notice a whole new world. That world is reality and you will see nice people out there that dont care all about physical appearence.

Old 08-03-2004, 05:26 AM   #10
houseboy
(male)

houseboy HB User

in answer to your post, yes, you can be fat and sexy. I dated only large girls in high school and college who were anywhwhere from 220# to 450# and never thought twice on whether they were sexy. Girls having more curves really got my positive attention. So don't worry about being large--its a good thing!!! Too many women worry about stretch marks and jiggles but it also makes them alot more sexy imho. Just look on the net at all the websites on full figured women and you'll get the picture. I melt when I see a large curvy girl with large hips & thighs and rearend. Enjoy.

Old 08-03-2004, 08:47 AM   #11
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseboy
Girls having more curves really got my positive attention. .

I have been waiting for someone to post this See it doesn't matter

Old 08-03-2004, 11:05 PM   #12
Fletcher1

Fletcher1 HB User
Thumbs up Re: 16 and scared

To chime in... I'm a guy, and I definitely prefer bigger girls! It's not the most important thing in a relationship, obviously, but for me, and lots of other guys, its a plus.

Closed Thread