It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

What To Do?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2004, 11:04 PM   #1
AlwyzSick

AlwyzSick HB User
What To Do?

Ok so I have been dating my boyfriend for 3 years now and we are sooooooooooo much in love with each other. I am now 18 and he is 21 and it makes me soo angry that we should have to wait to do all the things that people do when they are in love. For example my boyfriend and I both realllllly want to get married and have a child together. (Our roommate now has a child and we are the ones that watch him and take care of him so we know what a big responsibility it is) The only thing that is stopping us is I am soo afraid of what my family will think...My dad would be soo disappointed in me and so would my mom even though they both love him. But why should we have to wait? I don't know what to do my boyfriend thinks I should just do what I want to do but I am so close to my family and I don't want them to be anything but proud of me. I don't really know what I'm looking for on this site...I guess just an outside perspective...PLEASE HELP any opinions good or bad are greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2004, 05:00 AM   #2
Salinas1
Inactive

Salinas1 HB User
Re: What To Do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwyzSick
I am so close to my family and I don't want them to be anything but proud of me.!
You leave out so much necessary information that there is no way to offer any reasonable suggestion. Advice is predicated on the details of your situation and we have no idea what you and your boyfriendís situations are (e.g., job, college, career intentions, money, living arrangements, comfort level with reality, etc.).

If you want any input of value, other than loads of presumption and speculation, you are going to have to be a bit more forthcoming with a few details.

Last edited by Salinas1; 06-22-2004 at 05:01 AM.

Old 06-22-2004, 05:09 AM   #3
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: What To Do?

If you feel it is right then go with the flow but you both are still young. You don't have to worry about what other people think but it is best to wait. I am guessing you just got out of high school this year or last, anyway many young people just want to be an adult right after school instead of getting thier life together. In the process of trying to become something they are not ready for they realize the mistake and thats where the high divorce rate among young people come in. If you both divorvce it wouldn't be fair to the child.

I am just voicing my opinion. I am 22 and I would love to have that life but I want to wait because of these reasons and I feel you should do the same.

Closed Thread