It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

What should I tell him?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2004, 11:48 AM   #1
TabbyDog
(female)

TabbyDog HB User
Question What should I tell him?

Okay, so this guy that I kinda knew from a couple of my classes at school, his friends, and me started hanging out about a month ago. Well, a couple of weeks ago he told me how he felt about me and said that he loved me and asked me how I felt about him....I didn't know what to say because I was kind of in shock and so I just kind of told him that I didn't really know at the time because I really didn't know him that well. So then he asked me how I felt about the whole situation and I said something like Since he obviously has stronger feelings than I do about the whole thing I'd have to just sort of warm up to the whole thing and get to know him better. Well, after that, when we'd hang out I started thinking more along the lines of a relationship rather than just a friendship and realized that I really would like to be with him... but the thing is, whenever he asks me about it, I don't know what to say because I'm really bad at sharing my feelings, especially with people I haven't known that long because for the majority of my life I didn't have anyone to talk to and just had to keep things to myself and have just generally had bad experiences with people when I did. Even though I know I have nothing to worry about if I told him how I felt, I just really am having a hard time telling him and I have no clue what I would say! So does anyone have some advice on what I should do or what I should say?

Thank you so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2004, 11:52 AM   #2
ALonelyOctober
Inactive

ALonelyOctober HB User
Re: What should I tell him?

When he asks you again, just tell him that you need more time to be able to tell him how you feel, but you will when you are ready.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:40 PM   #3
wizzii

wizzii HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyDog
Okay, so this guy that I kinda knew from a couple of my classes at school, his friends, and me started hanging out about a month ago. Well, a couple of weeks ago he told me how he felt about me and said that he loved me and asked me how I felt about him....I didn't know what to say because I was kind of in shock and so I just kind of told him that I didn't really know at the time because I really didn't know him that well. So then he asked me how I felt about the whole situation and I said something like Since he obviously has stronger feelings than I do about the whole thing I'd have to just sort of warm up to the whole thing and get to know him better. Well, after that, when we'd hang out I started thinking more along the lines of a relationship rather than just a friendship and realized that I really would like to be with him... but the thing is, whenever he asks me about it, I don't know what to say because I'm really bad at sharing my feelings, especially with people I haven't known that long because for the majority of my life I didn't have anyone to talk to and just had to keep things to myself and have just generally had bad experiences with people when I did. Even though I know I have nothing to worry about if I told him how I felt, I just really am having a hard time telling him and I have no clue what I would say! So does anyone have some advice on what I should do or what I should say?

Thank you so much!
omg omg...thats really sweet...just tell him already PLEASE...(don't mind me)...ummm....I had the same problem....but now I would just force myself to tell him.....like....ummm...yeah I do like you...lol...well thats wat Ive done...OMG!!..GOODLUCK!!!!....lol...i think its really sweet...

Old 06-24-2004, 01:12 PM   #4
TabbyDog
(female)

TabbyDog HB User

Thanks he's out of town for a few more days so I still have some more time to think about it

Old 06-24-2004, 02:13 PM   #5
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

You say you want to be with him so then what is holding you back???You need to do something quickly because his feelings may fade thinking you dont like him....Goodluck

Old 06-24-2004, 02:33 PM   #6
TabbyDog
(female)

TabbyDog HB User

I know... I really want to tell him I just don't know what to say And I guess the only thing that's holding me back are the lingering feelings in the back of my mind of getting burned if I share my feelings because of things that have happened in the past to me... even though it makes no sense that it would hurt me if I said anything, but I don't know, it's just hard for me

Old 06-24-2004, 02:46 PM   #7
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
I know... I really want to tell him I just don't know what to say And I guess the only thing that's holding me back are the lingering feelings in the back of my mind of getting burned if I share my feelings because of things that have happened in the past to me... even though it makes no sense that it would hurt me if I said anything, but I don't know, it's just hard for me

If its hard then show it in onther ways like ask him out to the movies. Try to give him signal like hugging him or holding his hand.

Old 06-24-2004, 03:02 PM   #8
TabbyDog
(female)

TabbyDog HB User

I was thinking of something along the same lines, like I'd be more comfortable doing something like that and showing him rather than telling him. Also if he just came out and asked me if I wanted to be with him I would really have no problem with telling him that I would.... I just would have a hard time volunteering the information... anyhoo, thanks for all the help everyone!

Old 06-24-2004, 03:10 PM   #9
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
I was thinking of something along the same lines, like I'd be more comfortable doing something like that and showing him rather than telling him. Also if he just came out and asked me if I wanted to be with him I would really have no problem with telling him that I would.... I just would have a hard time volunteering the information... anyhoo, thanks for all the help everyone!

We all have a hard time at doing that and that is why next time you have to say something or make a move on a date. Just give him signals.

Last edited by eightball61; 06-24-2004 at 03:10 PM.

Old 06-24-2004, 11:36 PM   #10
TabbyDog
(female)

TabbyDog HB User

Thanks for the advice

Old 06-25-2004, 07:30 PM   #11
Will M.
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Remember, the past is not the present. Go with what your soul says, and speak what your heart feels. Good luck.

Closed Thread