It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

Paranoia in public places

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2004, 09:27 PM   #1
Will M.
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Paranoia in public places

Wow, ever since school ended I have run into all kinds of problems and chaos, which I'm trying to work out. A fairly new one that's cropped up, is paranoia when I'm in public or open places.

I'll try to explain it. Its like, when I'm in a place like a concert, a festival, usual if there are people my age, I'll get nervous and I get a paranoied feeling like a 'someone's watching me' feeling, or I feel like I'm being judged or critized, but I dont know by who. A lot of people have looked at me very angerly, maybe they were looking at something else, but it seems there's a lot of people that have looked at me like that. Also, I'm sure a lot of people say this, but police and all that also freak me out.

Can anyone relate to this, or recomend anythng that can suppress this feeling, or find ways to relax, ect? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
CandyBubbles

CandyBubbles HB User
Re: Paranoia in public places

I can deff. relate!! I always felt (and ocassionaly still do) like 'someone's watching me' judging me, and critisizing me..giving me dirty looks..or anything along thoes lines..My mom has told me that because I am so scared.. I am the one who always looks mean (when I am really just nervous) and that others see me looking mad (which I am not) and so they give me a dirty look. I have social anxiety disorder. Maybe that's something you could read up on? Now I try to look at each situation that I am in..look at everyone in the room..and realize that not everyone is looking at me(with the exception of my group of friends) -They're involved in their own convo's..with their friends..and not givin a darn that I am there!- And if they are ..it's ussualy just because they're turnin their head or something. Anyways..YES! I can deff. relate! good luck! Relax!

P.S. it's something you can get over easily! I am now pretty outgoing..and love to have a good time with no worries! Hope I've something you can use.

~Yvonne~

~Yvonne~

Old 06-29-2004, 12:02 AM   #3
Quencher
(female)

Quencher HB User

Hey Will:
You and I can totally relate. I always think that the whole world's against me, even around people I know who care. And I always think people are watching/observing/judging me as well. You know-- giving me looks, the whole deal!

Anyway, have you ever heard of social phobia? Maybe you have that? I've been told I have that before, but I haven't really looked into that too much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Eschew obfuscation.

Old 06-29-2004, 09:10 AM   #4
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

We all have eyes...You see people and they see you. It very hard not to notice people. You get noticed everyday. People do critize & its normal. You know the people that do like you and the people that will like you will come to you.

This is a fear I had once apon a time but I just learned not to care.

Old 07-03-2004, 09:21 PM   #5
mystiq86
(female)

mystiq86 HB User

Anxiety attacks are very common. Normally, particular places or social interactions cause them. For instance I have terrible anxiety attacks in very large crowds of people. I have the same symptoms as you described. I've found it best to take deep breaths and I'm usually okay as long as I'm with someone I know.

Old 07-05-2004, 10:53 PM   #6
Will M.
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystiq86
Anxiety attacks are very common. Normally, particular places or social interactions cause them. For instance I have terrible anxiety attacks in very large crowds of people. I have the same symptoms as you described. I've found it best to take deep breaths and I'm usually okay as long as I'm with someone I know.
Yeah, it gets horrible when I'm in a certain neighborhood where people I don't want to see live. It makes me want to crawl into a ditch.

Closed Thread