It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

I am SO sorry for this...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2004, 08:35 PM   #1
Kylie1

Kylie1 HB User
I am SO sorry for this...

As the topic reads, I'm sorry, but I have to make an "I like my best friend topic"

Well I think I like my best guy friend... but I'm not sure.

A month or so ago my best guy friend (who will be known as homer) met one of my female friends (who we will call lisa). Homer, Lisa, and mutual friends have all hung out together since then so Homer and Lisa are now friends.

For the past few weeks a friend of mine has been suspicious that there might be some chemistry between Homer and Lisa. Now, I've seen Homer and Lisa when they are together and I can't sense any chemistry. I know how homer acts when he is interested in someone and he isn't acting that way towards Lisa. Despite this, I am REALLY scared that something might happen between them.

Now, I have known Lisa for quite a while but we haven't always been friends. At the start of year 8 (I'm year 12 now) I hated Lisa. I can't give you a reason why, I was just a horrible person and I didn't like her. I'm long over that now and we are good friends, but something happening between her and Homer would make me feel like poop.

I think that the only reason I feel like I "like" Homer is because I don't want him to be with Lisa, but I'm not sure. I'm wondering if I've liked him all along and have been denying it. In the past I have had times where I thought I had liked Homer but I never dwelled on it for more than a day.

So what do you think? Do I like him or am I just jealous?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2004, 08:45 PM   #2
The only name not taken
Senior Veteran
(male)

The only name not taken HB User
Re: I am SO sorry for this...

Cant really tell you what you feel deep down. Its up to you to decide whether you like him or not.

Think about it this way though. If you liked him, and didn't ask him out. And its only now when you find out you might not be able to have him, that you suddenly realise you want him. Wouldn't it seem your only jealous?

You have to decide. And remember that if you DO go after him, and get him, then realise you dont really like him. You could lose the friendship of him and Lisa....

GL

Old 07-05-2004, 09:06 PM   #3
ALonelyOctober
Inactive

ALonelyOctober HB User

You need to sit down, and think about why you think you like him other than all that stuff with Lisa. You could only think you like him because of Lisa, or you could only now realize you like him because of Lisa. But you need to talk to yourself and figure it out. And if you realize its just because of lisa, then let it go, but if you realize its because you do like him, you need to tell him.

Old 07-06-2004, 07:47 AM   #4
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1
Do I like him or am I just jealous?
This is inly a question that you can answer. ....

I will say that you seem a bit jealous. Some people with bestfriends act this way for 2 reasons. One being that you are like a sister and trying to look out for him or the other being you like him.

You have to try to figure out which one it is. I am going to say that you may like him and if you do I would proceed with caution. I say that because bestfriends because if you date him you both are not bound to be friends afterwards because the it will feel wierd.

You said you are in grade 12 I beleive so that bring you to the point on where you want your life to go.

Closed Thread