It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

wat should i do???

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2004, 01:49 PM   #1
cheerleader07

cheerleader07 HB User
Post wat should i do???

ok so heres wats happening...i've been babby sitting for this small family and now the summers almost over and i went in to get my check(my second one)when i got there the mother had said i aint got the *****in money come back next week... however i am gonna be gone and i've like spent the WHOLE summer (way over half) watching her dang kids and she says the checks only gonna come up to 59 dollars. i am getting way UNDERPAID and i am not happy... i have also been informed tat 2 of the 3 children do not have ANY health coverage.... so therefore if something would happen to any of the 2 kids tat dont have any health coverage would happen to get hurt... i would have to pay their bills from the hospitle... and i am only 15!!!

i donno wat to do... i know people tat this family has owed from babby sitting these kids she owed and still owes them $198 dollars!!! and yea i justa need some helpful info on wat to do. i know its not a HEALTH prob. but i would appriciate it if i could get some info on wat to do

thankx
kimberly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 02:25 PM   #2
QueerBoi06

QueerBoi06 HB User
Re: wat should i do???

Here's what I suggest you do. Keep going to her house and asking for the money with your parents by your side and explain to her that you need the money now. If this doesn't work, you can always try to file a lawsuit. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help but this is a tough situation.

Old 07-13-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
James44_20
Inactive

James44_20 HB User

If you try filing a lawsuit you will pay more in legal fees than you will get from the babysitting as you would only legally be entitled to the agreed upon wages promised prior to employment thus, this is a dumb response. I would get your parents to come with you but in the end if this lady doesn't pay, she probably never will. As for the hospital bill, you wouldn't have to worry about that as the onus would still be on the parents.

Old 07-13-2004, 03:23 PM   #4
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Just stop babysitting for her...She has screwed you over and you should feel like you have to go back. The only time to go back is get your money with your parents.

Your parents could take her to small claims court but legal fees would be to much. If you won the case though she would have to pay out for your lawyers fees along with what she owes you. As food for though try call a lawyer for there advice.

Old 07-13-2004, 03:36 PM   #5
cheerleader07

cheerleader07 HB User

between my neighbor and i we promised tat i wouldent go over to watch her kids again!!! thank goodness tats over with her.... i will try the with the parents thing but this lady has problems!!! shes just learned tat people tat are good can take the same treetments!!! i donno i will keep u posted on wat happpens next with the crazzy lady!!!
like i said she owes other babbysitters up in the hundreds of dollars and treated them the same way... and i want it to STOP!!!

Old 07-13-2004, 03:58 PM   #6
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerleader07
between my neighbor and i we promised tat i wouldent go over to watch her kids again!!! thank goodness tats over with her.... i will try the with the parents thing but this lady has problems!!! shes just learned tat people tat are good can take the same treetments!!! i donno i will keep u posted on wat happpens next with the crazzy lady!!!
like i said she owes other babbysitters up in the hundreds of dollars and treated them the same way... and i want it to STOP!!!

Did you know bwfore you babysat for her that she never paid? I mean you have been doing it for 2 summers and I am sure that rumors go around.

This will eventually catch up to her. She thinks not but it will. She is burning people now but one day someone is going to burn her and I am going to laugh.

Old 07-13-2004, 04:36 PM   #7
cheerleader07

cheerleader07 HB User

i've been watching them for just this summerbut i aint gonna go back and i was not told all of the info on this subject untill justa week or so ago and i hope too tat she will once get burnt and caught and wont have any body to hurt there feeling (pockets)again.... i mean i gotta pay for my personal items... shampoo ext.

Old 07-13-2004, 06:56 PM   #8
ItalianChick200

ItalianChick200 HB User

I would keep on calling her or visiting her and asking her where my money is at. If something happened to the kids you would not get stuck paying for their medical bills, its her fault she doesn't have health coverage. What kind of a mother is she with no health coverage, even people on welfare can get health coverage for their kids. I suggest dont ever babysit for her again and if she calls and asks just be like,"nope i dont feel like gettin ripped off anymore im finding something else." I wouldnt go to court for that though, the court and lawyer fees aren't going to be worth it. I'll ask my cousin about this she's a lawyer. If this lady cannot afford to pay a babysitter then she shouldnt be going out or doing whatever she's doing.

Old 07-13-2004, 09:38 PM   #9
ALonelyOctober
Inactive

ALonelyOctober HB User

Why would you be responsible for HER kids health problems? Thats really lame of her, you should just keep bugging her for the money she can't ignore you forever.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:45 AM   #10
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerleader07
i've been watching them for just this summerbut i aint gonna go back and i was not told all of the info on this subject untill justa week or so ago and i hope too tat she will once get burnt and caught and wont have any body to hurt there feeling (pockets)again.... i mean i gotta pay for my personal items... shampoo ext.

She owes you money and its sad to say if she doesn't pay it you may never see it. Leagal fees would be too much for something that is only a few hundred dollars. Just dont babysit for her anymore.

The next person you babysit for you should make a contract and have then sign it. In the contract list the price per hour and the salary for the week and how payments will be made. Make them sign it....This WILL entitle you to the money or you can report them because you have a signed document.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:47 AM   #11
James44_20
Inactive

James44_20 HB User

Actually, she can ignore you forever and the money will probably never be seen. I guess it's just kinda a ****** situation and I think you're probably just kinda hooped. Also, to criticize her for not having health care is wrong, if this person is in the United States. It isn't that easy for someone who is really poor to have health care in that country. Obviously she is not very well off and probably needs that hundred dollars a lot more than you do so since you're probably not going to ever get it anyway, maybe just leave it and never babysit again.

Closed Thread