It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

tongue piercing

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2004, 06:07 PM   #1
Hid5650

Hid5650 HB User
tongue piercing

yay i finally got with the girl i like for a long time! but heres the thing....she wants to get a tongue piercing and i dont really want her to. i dont think it matches her in any way, dont like the idea of having a hole in her tongue, and it will potentially add more problems (health wise). she have been wanting it for a long time and think it is cool. is there any suggestions about convincing her not to get a tongue pierced?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2004, 02:42 AM   #2
Lady_Raven

Lady_Raven HB User
Re: tongue piercing

I can sort of understand why you don't want her to get one. Tongue piercings give people the wrong idea. I'm 21 and I had my tongue pierced for a couple years until I realized that most people in the world think you get it pierced for sexual reasons... Anyway, I would just tell her what you think. And if she does decide to pierce it at least make sure she goes to a decent piercer. There are two veins that run down your tongue and it is CRUCIAL that the piercer finds out where they are because if they get pierced then her tongue will never be the same again. Also, there was a girl not too long ago in my area who had her tongue pierced and it somehow caused a tumour in her brain. I saw a picture of her in the paper and it freaked me out. So anyway, just make sure she knows the risk. And the first week that it takes to heal is a pain in the ***. You can't eat a single thing because your tongue swells up so much.

Old 08-01-2004, 09:20 AM   #3
Blastoff9600
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: tongue piercing

Actually not everyone has swelling for a week or problems eating.
I know after I had mine done I was eating soft tacos at Taco Bell about an hour afterwards. Yes one has to be careful and go to someone who has experience and a clean place. Also following the rules of after care is extremely important.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Closed Thread