It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• A Question for the Guys...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-01-2004, 07:01 PM   #1
    mystiq86
    (female)

mystiq86 HB User
    A Question for the Guys...

Okay, I'm curious about what guys think regarding a girl's intelligence. For example, if a girl is class valedictorian and she's good-looking, do guys still view her as a threat due to intellect or what? Or do guys think that she is nerd/school-girl who has no social life and isn't any fun to be around? Or do guys prefer the girl who is simple, ****ty and ignorant? B/c I seem to have a horrible time with finding guys to date. Though I have a lot of guy friends who I talk to all the time. But we're just friends. So any input would be appreciated.
    -mystiq86-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2004, 03:53 AM   #2
    The only name not taken
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

The only name not taken HB User
    Re: A Question for the Guys...

It totally depends on both the guy and the chick.

1st - Yes, some guys are intimidated by smarter chicks. I know ALL the footy-heads in my year dont look twice at the smarter chicks, mostly cos they cant get a laid as quick if the girl can count past 3

2nd - I know what you mean about nerds. Some girls (and guys) get a bit past the intelligent thing and just become arrogat and/or spiteful. But of all the ppl I know, I only know one person like that.

3rd - Yeah, Like I said b4 - Most guys are lookin for the drop-dead, hot-as chicks. And the yusually aren't that sharp, so theres a generalisation that if your smart, you mustn't be good lookin.

Personally - I look for chicks with intelligence. Not UBER smart, but I can actually have a worth while convo with. But like I said, depends on the guy. If your havin trouble findin a partner.....well, you just like every other person

Old 08-02-2004, 08:16 AM   #3
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

The valedictorian of my class I always thought must have been a dull person/nerd. During my senior year I saw her at a party completely trashed . Afterwards I found out that she did this a lot and smoke on occasions. After all that I knew I shouldn't misjudge people because they could be different than what we think.

Old 08-03-2004, 03:27 AM   #4
    LP.kid

LP.kid HB User

Hmm.. The valedictorian of my class was hot... Haha, yeah i agree w/ eightball's comment, shouldn't misjudge people, 'cause, man she was hot... =)

Old 08-03-2004, 03:49 AM   #5
    dark4112

dark4112 HB User

i think its just that a very intelligent chick would be extremely intimidating. i would be scared of trying to sit down and have a little flirty conversation and instead getting a political or philosophical talk. lol.

Old 08-04-2004, 02:19 PM   #6
    Geek_USA

Geek_USA HB User

I like smart girls, but all my girl friends have been, well not very smart when it comes to school. I think if you tell a guy you like him, he will ask you out. Its just smart girls usually dont do that, and the not so smart ones do.

Closed Thread