It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

How can I make it up to him?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2004, 12:22 AM   #1
ItalianChick200

ItalianChick200 HB User
Unhappy How can I make it up to him?

I was hanging out with my boyfriend last Wednesday and I was kinda having a bad day. At first our date was going real good, we went down to the beach and walked on the pier. When we got back in my car thats when everything went crazy. He had wanted to go to his dad's house and watch a movie, but I really didn't feel like it. I felt like talking with him. Then he got all mad and said that he could of stayed at home with his nephew because it was his birthday. I told him he could of told me because I would of let him stay home if I would of knew that, but then he was like,"well i already spent time with him and I wanted to spend time with you too." Our date ended early and I havent talked to him since last Wednesday. I don't know how to make it up to him because it was kinda my fault, I was being boring that day when he wanted to just be with me. I feel so bad and I miss him , I dont know what to do.

Last edited by ItalianChick200; 08-04-2004 at 12:24 AM. Reason: the text

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2004, 01:27 AM   #2
The only name not taken
Senior Veteran
(male)

The only name not taken HB User
Re: How can I make it up to him?

Dont beat yourself up too much - it sounds as though he was being a little selfish as well.

Best thing, just apologise face-to-face. He'll most likely be over-joyed that you made the effort to smooth things over. If he's hard to please, and still upset, I dont think you should reward that with gifts. Maybe just say you'll hang out with him for a whole day and do the things he lieks doing?

It'll sorta put the ball back in his court, challenging the fact he said he wanted to hang out with you. If thats true - he should be stoked that you'll do what he wants for a day or so.

Old 08-04-2004, 08:49 AM   #3
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Just let it be I know you feel bad but its not your fault that he got all mad for such a little thing. You both could have done both things like watch a movie then sit out in his yard at night to talk. If he got mad like this on the first date I don't see that as a good sign to the future. Maybe this was just a fluke and the wrong button was pushed but its not right for him to blow up like that.

Old 08-04-2004, 06:34 PM   #4
o0ILoveYou0o

o0ILoveYou0o HB User

Awww that was just one itty bitty arguement you might of had. Don't worry about it! You'll probley have many more to come!

Old 08-04-2004, 06:49 PM   #5
ItalianChick200

ItalianChick200 HB User

I havent talked to him for a week. I tried calling him from work today but nobody was at home. I miss him a lot

Old 08-04-2004, 07:42 PM   #6
Kapera_X

Kapera_X HB User

I don't think you did anything wrong at all. I think he's being very selfish. You should just wait and see if he will call you. He probably will and if he doesn't just find another boyfriend.

Old 08-05-2004, 06:59 AM   #7
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianChick200
I havent talked to him for a week. I tried calling him from work today but nobody was at home. I miss him a lot

Your feeling will decrease once you realize that he really isn't worth it. Don't blame yourself. You made a suggestion and he got mad....Why? Well, we don't know that but that is his loss not yours.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:56 PM   #8
blackbellydanca

blackbellydanca HB User

he your name alexi by anychance?

Old 08-06-2004, 12:03 PM   #9
MandyAnne26
Senior Veteran
(female)

MandyAnne26 HB User

I don't think you did anything wrong. Everybody has a bad day, it doesn't sound as if you did any so horrible that would cause him to stop talking to you. The only thing i would suggest, and it's already been suggested is to go see him, tell him that you were having a bad day and leave it at that, you can say sorry for anything, if you called him a name etc...but everybody has down days, i don't feel it's anything to appologise for. He is partly to blame since he didn't communicate with you what he wanted to do that day....i think he was trying to make you feel guilty for something that wasn't your fault. That is not an ok thing for him to do. To tell you that he could have spent the day with his nephew, then to say he didn't because he wanted to spend it with you and that he had already spent time with his nephew? sounds like a mixed message.
Communication is the key, if you were having a bad day you should have let him know, not to be whiney or needy, but just so he knew, and if he wanted to spend time with his nephew he should have told you. Appologise if you want, tell him you were having an off day, but if he's reacting this badly to something so small than maybe he isn't worth it.

Old 08-07-2004, 08:40 AM   #10
Trying_2_Deal

Trying_2_Deal HB User

ItalianChick200: Are you Alyse?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Trying_2_Deal
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-07-2004, 11:03 PM   #11
ItalianChick200

ItalianChick200 HB User

who are you Trying to Deal? I finally talked to him on Friday morning and he didnt even mention anything about our argument which is good.

Old 08-09-2004, 07:01 AM   #12
eightball61
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianChick200
I finally talked to him on Friday morning and he didnt even mention anything about our argument which is good.

Its a good start but remember to take your time with this boy. He freaked out for some reason and if he can get easily disturbed like that then he may not be a good choice. Just beware of the warning signs...Talking to him was a good start but take things slow to see where they go.

Closed Thread