It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Do I like him? Or am I just jealous?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2004, 03:03 PM   #1
    basktballchick

basktballchick HB User
    Do I like him? Or am I just jealous?

Alright here's the problem:
    I've liked this one guy, "Tim," before. I liked Tim for a long time, and then I realized that I didn't like him anymore. Tim still remains to be one of my friends, but apparently (I wasn't there), he told a girl that he really likes her at a party.
    When the girl told me this I found myself feeling something...at first I thought I was jealous but I don't know. Tim was really the first guy I liked, so could it just be that I'm finally letting go? Do you think I still like him?
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2004, 03:06 PM   #2
    Trying_2_Deal

Trying_2_Deal HB User
    Re: Do I like him? Or am I just jealous?

Im in the same situation...what is that?? Anyone know?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Trying_2_Deal
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-06-2004, 10:06 PM   #3
    Solid_Snake_Sim

Solid_Snake_Sim HB User

I have been in the same situation. Dont try anything stupid like try to steal "Tim" away from this new giirl because that would just make the situation worse for you. If "Tiim" really likes this girl, then it would just make him not like you. Just ignore the feeling and look for someone different.

Old 08-07-2004, 12:39 PM   #4
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

yes, don't try anything stupid if you want to keep Tim as a friend. You still have some feelings for him and you are a bit jealous because of 2 things; 1. He never liked you when you liked him and 2. you are judging his judgment on who he likes. Let him like this girl and if they breakup for what ever and you still have feeling then proceed.

Old 08-09-2004, 01:20 AM   #5
    blackplastic

blackplastic HB User

I was in that similiar situation a while ago. My best friend, "Justin", started dating a girl and I became extremely distressed and jealous over it, often crying about it. "You don't know what you have until it's gone". I didn't even realise that I liked him like that. After two or three months they broke up after she cheated on him so I swooped in and told him about my liking him and being so jealous. He then confessed that he liked me and asked me out. This was more than three years ago and we've been happily together ever since.

I suggest that you assess his mannerisms towards you and ask your friends if it looks like he likes you. Then act on that. If you're jealous when he's around other girls, then you must like him. If you tell him how you feel, the worse he can do is not be your friend and if he decides to go in that direction, he probably isn't even good enough to hang around with.

Also, I read the other replies... Just because he hasn't said that he likes you, doesn't mean that he absolutely doesn't like you. Maybe he doesn't want to ruin your friendship by asking you out... You don't know exactly how he feels unless you ask him.

Closed Thread