It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• 17, Want to leave home but no money

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-31-2004, 01:22 PM   #1
    teacup26
    Inactive

teacup26 HB User
    17, Want to leave home but no money

Im a 17 year old girl and I have big family issues since last year. I got stressed out, and I have palpitations since then. I can't work, have a bf, have a sleep over to my best friends house that i kknow since 7 years, have a liscence etc.... I cant do anything practicaly. I always feel depressed and hopeless. I always argue with my mom and dad. Its not what you all think, its really a big deal. I want to leave soon , my dad said I can anyway because he said he doesnt need me anymore. I need money for this but they dont let me work. I feel awful and psychologically ill.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2004, 01:47 PM   #2
    mystiq86
    (female)

mystiq86 HB User
    Re: 17, Want to leave home but no money

My situation isn't too different from your's, however, I intend to move out in Decemeber with a friend and my parents offered to pay for my apartment and schooling, etc. Trust me, I too have my problems with my parents, but they do want what's best for you. You could talk to them and discuss the fact that you want to move out and get on with your life. You cannot stay dorment forever. I have major health problems with myself, and after seeing so many doctors I realized that I may and probably will not get better. I've accepted this. I don't know what your health problems entail, but you reach a point where you must move on with your life, despite how difficult that may be. It just means you'll have to work harder to obtain your goals. But remember, nothing is impossible. But if you don't want to talk to your parents, and I wouldn't blame you, then you can always just wait until you are 18 to get a job and move out. But then in the meantime you'll have to stick it out. I wish you the best of luck. Sorry if I am not much help. But remember, we all go through bad times, it will get better.

Old 08-31-2004, 02:44 PM   #3
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bunnylover
    Im a 17 year old girl and I have big family issues since last year. I got stressed out, and I have palpitations since then. I can't work, have a bf, have a sleep over to my best friends house that i kknow since 7 years, have a liscence etc.... I cant do anything practicaly. I always feel depressed and hopeless. I always argue with my mom and dad. Its not what you all think, its really a big deal. I want to leave soon , my dad said I can anyway because he said he doesnt need me anymore. I need money for this but they dont let me work. I feel awful and psychologically ill.

Have you seen a doctor or talked with a couselor. Why is it that you feel so empty?? You can speak to one at school.

You have 1 more year till 18. Have you tried to talk to them like an adult about this? Have you did anything wrong for them to lose trust?

Dorry for the questions but I am trying to get a better read on things.

Old 09-01-2004, 01:20 PM   #4
    teacup26
    Inactive

teacup26 HB User

I cant discuss with my dad because if I try he will kick me out the house right away. I tried a bit with my mom but anyways no big chances. If I work and go to school, it will be hard but if i stay here i will get more sick and might leave school for good.

Old 09-01-2004, 01:27 PM   #5
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    I cant discuss with my dad because if I try he will kick me out the house right away. I tried a bit with my mom but anyways no big chances. If I work and go to school, it will be hard but if i stay here i will get more sick and might leave school for good.

Ok....so they allow you to work which is a good thing to show responsibilty and maturity but they need to have that assurence. Does you dad where the pants in the family? I really dont think he will kick you out if you ask to have a BF. If he does then that is pretty unfair of him and he needs to let his daughter grow to see the real world.

Old 09-01-2004, 01:36 PM   #6
    teacup26
    Inactive

teacup26 HB User

No they dont let me work, only if i leave but i cant leave without money, i was just wondering if it will be very hard. They dont let me have a bf either...

Old 09-01-2004, 01:46 PM   #7
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    No they dont let me work, only if i leave but i cant leave without money, i was just wondering if it will be very hard. They dont let me have a bf either...

If you leave home it will be hard so you will have to get a job and that will vut into school. Finish school and like I said you have one more year left till you are 18.

Old 09-01-2004, 01:51 PM   #8
    teacup26
    Inactive

teacup26 HB User

I will finish school in at least 8 years ..

Old 09-01-2004, 01:54 PM   #9
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    I will finish school in at least 8 years ..

I though you are 17?

Old 09-01-2004, 02:05 PM   #10
    principesa
    (female)

principesa HB User

dear bunny, i came across your post and even though it's old, i am concerned for you. as a teenager, you try to explain it to people and they just roll their eyes and think that ALL teenagers have problems w/ their parents, but they don't know what it's like. i had worse than typical fighting with my parents, and between that and problems at school it was 24 hours a day STRESS, and i became physically ill too. the trauma and fallout from that period of my life has messed up a lot for me, and i wish i could save every kid from the kind of emotional damage that's following me around. i did move out, but had to come back (legal circumstances) and got stuck there, only recently getting my escape. and not ONE day too soon! did you get out of there? how are you doing? [ removed ]

Last edited by moderator2; 09-01-2004 at 05:06 PM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - no emails.

Old 09-01-2004, 02:13 PM   #11
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

I am still lost on you post...You state that you are 17 but still have 8 years left. Can you please explain?

Old 09-01-2004, 02:16 PM   #12
    teacup26
    Inactive

teacup26 HB User

I have 2 years of precollege and at least 7 years of college.

Old 09-01-2004, 02:19 PM   #13
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    I have 2 years of precollege and at least 7 years of college.

Ok and why can you move out into a dorm or get a group of friends together and live all as rommates to help out the pay when you di hit real college? You parents have to let you grow up....It would stink being 22 and cant even date yet.

Old 09-01-2004, 05:04 PM   #14
    teacup26
    Inactive

teacup26 HB User
    Unhappy Re: 17, Want to leave home but no money

How can I if I dont have money first? None of the friends I know can afford it or want.... My grand ma said she would give me 600 euro in October but I am not sure if she really would.. School stresses out a lot now , it is so complex and hard that I fear to not have good grades. I don't sleep well too and Im always tired at school and have head aches and eye aches.

Old 09-02-2004, 05:36 AM   #15
    JinL
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

If you can't stay at home, & you can't work, & you can't support yourself, HOW do you really expect to pay for 7 years of higher education at about $7,000.00+ per year + room & board.

Do you live in a country that has everything free of personal responsibility?

Closed Thread