It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• I have non_epiletic siezures and very confused

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2004, 07:51 PM   #1
    problem_teen_16

problem_teen_16 HB User
    Exclamation I have non_epiletic siezures and very confused

my name is ella i am 16 a jr. in high school
    here is my story

A week before school started i started having seizures so my parents and my sister took me to the hospital I had so many drugs in me to get rid of the seizures but once they wore off these focal seizures started back up again I had two EEGs done both showed up normal So my doctor for seizures realeased me becuase he had to go on vacation. when I got home the seizures worsened and so my mother called my main doctor for sickness and cheek ups and she said take her to ER. in The childrens Primary hospital and they have to take ella. So my mother did so and they had a 2 day Eeg on me the whole time I was in and out of seizures then again the Eeg showed up normal and then I had an MRI and it came out normal also so we do not know what to do know becuse the doctors are telling us it caused from anzienty but for sure we know it is and I am on Celexa and Lamictal i do not know if they are working becuase it seems to increase the seizures and i have no clue why I am on Lamictal becuse it not epilectic seizures at all so what to do.

please respond quick

Last edited by problem_teen_16; 09-20-2004 at 07:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2004, 07:55 AM   #2
    ALonelyOctober
    Inactive

ALonelyOctober HB User
    Re: I have non_epiletic siezures and very confused

Are those the seizures where you just like... stare?.. My mom has those, she's on like 5 diferent meds for them. She hasn't had one in a while but she used to have them like 7 times a day. Hers don't show up on the EEG's either. But, they finally realized it might be from her thyroid and her heart.

Old 09-21-2004, 08:29 PM   #3
    problem_teen_16

problem_teen_16 HB User

Thanks I will ask my doc if she knows anything about that thax for everything I need to know what i can do and most of the time i stare but not all spells relate to that

Old 09-21-2004, 08:56 PM   #4
    Karla
    Inactive

Karla HB User

I went 25 years with normal MRI's and normal eeg's. Yet I was having over 30 complex partial seizures a day. (The kind where you stare in to space.) I would get a pressure in my head and a funny off smell right before the seizure would hit. It would give me time to sit down and that was about it. Finally after 25 years I finally had an abnormal eeg. My neurologist diagnosed me as having epilepsy just by the symptoms alone. I heard that is popular.
    Many antidepressents have a rare side effect that if you are suseptable to seizures they can cause you to have siezures. Elavil did that to me. I had been seizure free for years and than that happened. If you don't get anywhere with a neurologist see an eptimologist. I hope I got that right. I think they are the ones that specialize in epilepsy.
    Good luck!

Old 09-23-2004, 12:26 PM   #5
    problem_teen_16

problem_teen_16 HB User
    Post Re: I have non_epiletic siezures and very confused

When I was in phisical threapy I had a two and a half hour seizure and i was in a ball and grinding my teeth and also hitting myself very hard in the head and on my legs my hands where in a fist. I went to the ER and When I came out of the seizure my mom told me what the doctor was saying.
    ans she told me it is a Psudoseizure is that bad?
    and she also said that I need to be helped asap because the seizures are getting worse and another thing is that I have Depressive personality disorder my doctor told me and some Dependent disorder is that comonn?

Last edited by problem_teen_16; 09-26-2004 at 12:42 PM.

Old 09-23-2004, 01:00 PM   #6
    MrOwl
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

MrOwl HB User

I know a girl who had something similar. She started avoiding red food dye. #2 red if I remember right. That cleared up everything for her.

Also, are you on any other drugs, vitamins, herbal remedies, etc.? Anything like this might be causing you a problem. Eliminate one thing from your diet for a week and see if it goes away. If not try something else.

Keep us posted.

Old 09-26-2004, 12:46 PM   #7
    problem_teen_16

problem_teen_16 HB User

I might have to go to primary hospital this week in a psych thing so they can see if that works becuase oblisy the drugs/meds ar not working. so I really want to be me again not this stranger that i have been.

Thx

Old 09-26-2004, 06:06 PM   #8
    jerrie97
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

jerrie97 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by problem_teen_16

When I was in phisical threapy I had a two and a half hour seizure and i was in a ball and grinding my teeth and also hitting myself very hard in the head and on my legs my hands where in a fist. I went to the ER and When I came out of the seizure my mom told me what the doctor was saying.
    ans she told me it is a Psudoseizure is that bad?
    and she also said that I need to be helped asap because the seizures are getting worse and another thing is that I have Depressive personality disorder my doctor told me and some Dependent disorder is that comonn?
    Pseudoseizures are a type of conversion disorder. They are seizures, but they have nothing to do with erratic electrical activity within the brain, as epilepsy is. They are usually the result of an underlying psychological conflict. That's why your EEG showed normal activity.

Just to emphasize this - you can't control it. It doesn't mean you're faking it.

Dependent personality disorder means that you rely on someone for something. I'm sorry I can't clarify it further, but that's basically what it is.

Most, if not all, people with conversion disorder will get better with psychotherapy and identifying what triggers their seizures. Once you figure out what triggers the seizures and can cope with it better, you'll probably be seizure-free.

Good luck.

Old 09-27-2004, 10:01 AM   #9
    problem_teen_16

problem_teen_16 HB User

hello it is me again.
    i was woundering if a psych thingy would work to get this thing that is causing these seizures.
    thx again

Old 09-28-2004, 03:02 PM   #10
    jerrie97
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

jerrie97 HB User

Quote:

hello it is me again.
    i was woundering if a psych thingy would work to get this thing that is causing these seizures.
    thx again
    For your type of seizures, yes, in most cases it will help or even cure the seizures.

Take care.

Old 10-10-2004, 08:56 PM   #11
    problem_teen_16

problem_teen_16 HB User

i went to this uni place in Salt lake city. and they figured what it was now I confused and I have alot of new meds. and their making me hyper. so i doing ok now. I really feeking better and I am going to have to go to alot of phisisans and if it dosn't work in a ,onth in a half then they want me in residentral so can any one tell me about resedentral?
    thx alot

Old 10-21-2004, 12:06 PM   #12
    jerrie97
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

jerrie97 HB User

Quote:
    i went to this uni place in Salt lake city. and they figured what it was now I confused and I have alot of new meds. and their making me hyper. so i doing ok now. I really feeking better and I am going to have to go to alot of phisisans and if it dosn't work in a ,onth in a half then they want me in residentral so can any one tell me about resedentral?
    thx alot
    What are some of the meds called?

A residential place is like going into the hospital - have you been admitted to the hospital before? They'd make you stay for a period of time, maybe a week or two, and during this time, the doctors will work together to help you get better. Usually they'll have you grouped together with people facing the same problem as you are.

Hope you're getting better.

Old 11-01-2004, 05:27 PM   #13
    problem_teen_16

problem_teen_16 HB User

I found out what I do have :
    Conversion disorder with severe depression and high anxiety so what does that mean?

Old 11-09-2004, 11:24 AM   #14
    problem_teen_16

problem_teen_16 HB User

the meds i am on are

celexa 29 mg in the morning
    Lamictal 100 mg in the morning
    Clonazepam 0.5 mg in the morning

Lamictal 100 mg at night
    Clonazepam 0.5 mg at night
    then an hour before I go to bed I have to take 10 mg if Trazodone at night

the meds are helping but if my dad or if i am under presure then i start having the psodo seizures so ?? or when i am about to have my period so God it sux to live the life with medication screws up with my life

Old 11-26-2006, 12:25 AM   #15
    lhydragon22
    (male)

lhydragon22 HB User

Hello, i am having the same type of siezures except mine are grandmal, and happen very often. i have had CPR done 4 times due to my siezures and put inot ICU 3 times. I have had every test done i can think of and still being told pseudosiezure, and finally got called siezure disorder. so i know the feeling. they are still trying to figure out why and what is wrong with me.

Closed Thread