It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Something really embarrasing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-08-2004, 06:42 PM   #1
    XxXcasper3

XxXcasper3 HB User
    Something really embarrasing

well this is really embarrasing, but im not big but i have no muscle but fat, so i look like im not fat but i am, and my chest is kinda chubby and i have fat/puffy/big nipples what ever you want to call them .im 13 5'7'' 133 lbs. How do you get rid of them?
    basketball try outs are comeing during the winter and i know they are going to do the shirts vs skins thing and i allways get put on skins, and i play really really bad when i have my shirt off because i hate my nipples and i get made fun of. how do you get rid of them? please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2004, 05:24 PM   #2
    mfree1
    (male)

mfree1 HB User
    Re: Something really embarrasing

xxxcasper3,

About 1/3 of teenage guys develop something called "gynecomastia," it's a type of breast development. Sometimes the nipples are kind of big, the breasts can be large and even a bit sore or tender.

This will go away by itself. Unfortunately it can take awhile for this to go away. There isn't any sort of exercise or weight lifting that will help.

The good news: there's nothing wrong with you.
    The bad news: you'll have to wait for this to go away.

Sports can be really tough for guys like you and I wish I had some really good advice. I promise that the other guys on the basketball team are worried about their bodies too.

Take care,
    Mats.

Old 10-11-2004, 12:16 AM   #3
    freakin123

freakin123 HB User

for that height i don't think you should be considered fat. too bad americans have the impression that girls are supposed to be 20 lbs underweight to be a "normal" size.

Old 10-17-2004, 12:16 AM   #4
    b2lateate

b2lateate HB User

wait wait wait, ur 13, 5'7, 133lbs........ok....ur not fat.......133lbs is skinny for like ne height.......im 5'11-6'0..230-240lbs ok and i aint worried about what people think, and yea, ma chest is flabby or w.e. but who cares ya no, its about if your comfortible wen u look n the mirror, not if they r comfy wen they look at u, dont worry about what they say, if u wana loose weight, loose it for urself, not for them, and it aint no big deal if u r overweight which u aint, i dont mind being big, hell, its fun 2 b big cus people come up to u and r like, do u play football, how old r u, and stuff like that and wen they r told im 16, their jaws drop cus ima big boy ya no, ull b ok, jus dont be unconfident

Old 10-17-2004, 07:34 AM   #5
    JinL
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

They do not always go away. Sometimes teen make mountains out of molehills. Pun intended. If no one has ever made any comments maybe no one but you have noticed.

Sometimes it is just the nipple area and sometimes it is the whole breast area. Millions of men have these breasts in some form or another. Some are quite large, others are just puffy nipples.

It is usually caused by an imbalance in hormones at puberty. It they balance out soon enough the boobs go away.

If they last beyond puberty the only way to make them go away is surgery & that has no guarantees. They may grow back if the underlying cause is not corrected.

Mine & millions of other men just got larger. I have a "B" & a "C" size breast. I dated, went to college, got married, & had children. It is not something to let control your life.

Good luck

Old 10-19-2004, 01:17 AM   #6
    Alex_900
    (male)

Alex_900 HB User

XxXCasper3,

For starters are you a guy?...I have presumed you are...but everyone else seems to have a different idea.

If you are a guy, you have nothing to worry about, you are fine, the only thing that may be wrong is you have "man-boobs". That is nothing to worry about, if you really want to get rid of them, you will probably have to tone up.

Now as i said there is nothing wrong with this.
    Excuse me for saying so but i am gay, the majority of females i have spoken to know that man-boobs isn't "Oh he's fat", they know it is usually a common thing amongst non-pencil thin people. And they prefere a guy with a little bit more - im not calling you fat okay!

If you really want it gone, try a workout, even a jog a day - cardiovascular workouts are the BEST!

And finally, if someone is paying you out, ignore them, they may have a great body, but look at the personalities, im sure yours is far superior to theirs.

Good luck,
    Alex_900

Old 10-23-2004, 03:23 AM   #7
    Ms Harriet
    Inactive
    (female)

Ms Harriet HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by XxXcasper3
    well this is really embarrasing, but im not big but i have no muscle but fat, so i look like im not fat but i am, and my chest is kinda chubby and i have fat/puffy/big nipples what ever you want to call them .im 13 5'7'' 133 lbs. How do you get rid of them?
    basketball try outs are comeing during the winter and i know they are going to do the shirts vs skins thing and i allways get put on skins, and i play really really bad when i have my shirt off because i hate my nipples and i get made fun of. how do you get rid of them? please help
    aw dont worry youre only 13! it will go away by itself and being 5'7 and 133 lbs is not bad at all! im 5'6 and 145 lbs! but im not fat im just a big girl lol. if anyone makes fun of your nipples be like "thats not what the ladies say" or something like that!

Closed Thread