It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Crush, on a teacher

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-23-2004, 05:12 AM   #1
    art vandelay

art vandelay HB User
    Arrow Crush, on a teacher

I think I have a little bit of a crush on one of my teachers. I'm 17, a junior in high school. She is young, good looking, sweet and down to earth. Plus, she's a baseball fan. I spent like half an hour talking to her about baseball as if I were talking to one of my buddies. Anyway, is this bizarre? I don't really think I'm interested in actually dating her, just...I don't know... being friends with her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2004, 05:22 AM   #2
    MandyAnne26
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MandyAnne26 HB User
    Re: Crush, on a teacher

No, like you said, your not interested in dating her so it's fine. Even if you did have fantacy's about her it would be fine also, assuming no feelings are acted on (just the friendship ones) it's all ok.

Old 10-23-2004, 06:32 AM   #3
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Crushes on teachers are fine and cute but remember that you never want to risk anything and take it to another level. I know you connect well but if she was willing to go out with you wait till your 18 or out of school.

Old 12-22-2004, 04:12 AM   #4
    becca1024
    (female)

becca1024 HB User

I think almost everyone has a crush on a teacher once in their life time. However, if you just want to be friends with her, there is nothing wrong with that. In fact I still meet one of my old teachers for coffee every other weekend. Remember, that nothing can come of any other feelings until you graduate high school or you turn 18. I think it is against the law to have a 'relationship' with your teacher, but there is nothing with being friends.

Old 12-22-2004, 09:56 AM   #5
    tony_tony
    (male)

tony_tony HB User

I always had crushes on my teachers....

Old 12-27-2004, 12:30 PM   #6
    Rms11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Rms11 HB User

It's totally fine to have a crush on her as long as you don't act on it. I had the biggest crush on my history teacher in highschool, it worked out great because I wanted to look smart infront of him, so I studied extra hard.

Old 12-27-2004, 12:40 PM   #7
    Dark Stranger
    Inactive
    (female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by becca1024
    I think it is against the law to have a 'relationship' with your teacher, but there is nothing with being friends.
    The only way it is against the law is if the student is a minor, because of a minor makes sexual contact with an adult teacher, the teacher can be arrested for rape.

But yeahh...besides that, there is nothing wrong with having a crush on a teacher. And being friends with one is just fine; I'm friends with my art teacher. There are just some teachers who are drop dead gorgeous, and you may wonder, "Why is this person teaching? Why are they not the star of some X-rated film?"

So don't worry too much over it; it's okay.

Dark Stranger - doesn't have any relatively attractive teachers in her school

Old 12-29-2004, 06:50 PM   #8
    alleycat
    Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Like someone said above I think everyone has had a crush on a teacher at one point in time. It's perfectly normal.

Old 12-30-2004, 07:41 AM   #9
    cubanplayax
    (male)

cubanplayax HB User

yea u can keep it at the friend level but anything else could get u kicked out and her fired wait till u go to college and then go bak and she if shes still teaching there then u will have a much better chance not being a student at that skool

Old 12-30-2004, 09:26 AM   #10
    twizliz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twizliz HB User

Yeah.. it's totally normal.. in fact a crush on one of my prof's was the only thing that kept me going to the class!

Closed Thread