It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Why are teens in movies and tv always portrayed badly?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-03-2004, 05:43 PM   #1
    Shadowdogg78

Shadowdogg78 HB User
    Why are teens in movies and tv always portrayed badly?

I mean, they mostly make it seem like every teen is either a popular shallow girl or a arrogant frat guy, which is completely wrong.Why not make teens act like they really are, confused ,angsty ,rebels.Im sure more people would appreciate teens more if they werent portrayed as horny shallow idiots.Does anyone else agree?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2004, 05:52 PM   #2
    so_confuzzled

so_confuzzled HB User
    Re: Why are teens in movies and tv always portrayed badly?

Hey i completely agree with that, ill watch a teen movie and comment on that exact thing. I know that I went to a rreally rich highschool and trust me I didnt' belong I did not have the money to be there. But anyways, yes there were cheerleaders that knew that they could get daddys cars and what not. And sometimes those movies do portray some truth, I think they do that because that is the old rep teens used to get. They are keeping something alive they was probly truly there before in past times. I dunno if that makes sense, also you knwo movie producers, do you relaly think that they would ge ta hit seller if they portrayed something so real? I mean in some movies they do a great job of having the outkast think of the movie 13 that waws pretty good it portrayed a lot, theres a lot of good movies on the life channel, now im 19 years old, i was part of apopular crowd, but the ones I hung out with were nothing like that, if anyone stuped that low at that school theyd be out of there. I agree that they should make more realistic movies that portray teens as they are, i think it owuld make good money. But its how people see things and sometimes want to see things. -chrystal

Old 11-03-2004, 10:30 PM   #3
    mystiq86
    (female)

mystiq86 HB User

Yeah, I also agree. The popular kids at my school weren't as ignorant, the skaters, who then become 'car guys' when they get their driver's license, aren't as rebellious, and the geeks aren't as socially awkward as they're portrayed in the movies and on television. Movies and television are complete misrepresentations of the average teenager.

Old 11-04-2004, 06:41 AM   #4
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Welcome to the world of entertainment. They will do anything to make a million.

Closed Thread