It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• everyone is making fun of my name!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2004, 06:12 PM   #1
    musashiden

musashiden HB User
    everyone is making fun of my name!!!

hello,
    i dont know. how to stop this epidemic!!!
    i will like to not say my name in here (i like to stay anonimous....)

the deal is that everybody in school is making fun of my name!!!!
    yesterday i got suspended because i call a girl a ***** because she was making fun of my name!!

maybe they cant feel it but when someone makes fun of you,.........it hurts ....... a lot...........

so any suggestions how can i stop them from doing this........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2004, 08:05 PM   #2
    blackstar23
    (female)

blackstar23 HB User
    Re: everyone is making fun of my name!!!

the worst thing to do is bring yourself to their level. dont call them names because it is simply ineffective. yes its very annoying at times, your best bet is to ignore it. soon it will be old and people will get over it. if you really cant take it, then tell a teacher or someone that can help you deal with the people. good luck and hang in there

Old 11-20-2004, 08:13 PM   #3
    Soulcatcher
    Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

Me personally would handle it like this.....When someone makes fun of your name say this...."I think it's funny because you will remember me and my name for the rest of your life and I will have no clue who you are" then laugh and walk away. Just by you saying that will bother them because you mentally messed with them and chances are that they WILL always remember you. Leave a legacy!!! I named all my kids unique names so everyone will remember them. You mother gave you that name so honor it. By being mean back shows no respect for you name and it shows through your actions that it bothers you. Unless your name is turd or booger I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. hahaha. Cheer up.

Old 11-20-2004, 08:21 PM   #4
    MrOwl
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

MrOwl HB User

Yes, do not lower yourself to name calling back.

If you ignore it, they will slowly stop because it is not fun for them if you do not fight back. Just do not react to it. Let it roll off you. That is something that you can will to do. It is hard, but it can be done.

If someone persists in making fun of you name, then try saying something like "I thought I left those kind of comments behind in third grade." It shows the name caller to be immature.

Try those things and let us know what happens.

Old 11-20-2004, 08:28 PM   #5
    thatonechick

thatonechick HB User

I've had my name made fun of a lot too, but ya know you've just gotta ignore it. When you don't give them a response they slowly stop. Everyone now has grown out of it, and if they do it now we just have a good laugh about it. Being mature is what it is, ignoring them about it.

Old 11-21-2004, 07:47 AM   #6
    musashiden

musashiden HB User

sorry i double posted....
    read below....

Last edited by musashiden; 11-21-2004 at 07:49 AM.

Old 11-21-2004, 07:48 AM   #7
    musashiden

musashiden HB User

to everybody who replied:

yall dont understand, they arent making fun of my name in a funny way, they are making fun of my name in a really bad and mean way, i'll tell you all something, my name rimes whit w.h.o.r.e.........
    In the past i have bbeen tring to just ignore it but they just wont stop, this started since the 5th grade and now im in 10th grade.

i think my next move is to start breaking noses to anyone who gets smart with me.......

Last edited by musashiden; 11-21-2004 at 07:59 AM.

Old 11-21-2004, 08:53 AM   #8
    Calamity04

Calamity04 HB User

Oh, I'm completely understand what you mean. My name is Stephanie and when I got into high school I thought everyone was over the name thing, I was wrong. I had always had people call me stephie for short, but freshmen year of h.s. some ******* started calling me Stiffy, and that spread like wildfire. Which I really didn't mind because my close friends were calling me it too, so I just thought, yeah ok whatever. But then it spread to people who didn't know me and people started to assume things, and I had guys ask me what did I do to get that nickname. After about a week of being annoyed of being asked what I did, I started making a bunch of sarcastic crap up. I kept making up these wierd fetishes and after awhile people stopped asking. I'm stilled called stiffy by people I went to high school with but I don't care anymore. You will just have to get a sense of humor and get over it.

Old 11-21-2004, 07:09 PM   #9
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

As someone said before and the worst thing you can do is brong yourself to thier level but it hurts and you have no other choice. You are getting harrassest at school and you are the one getting punished for it. If it continues when you go back then talk to the school officer about it if you have one. if not then see what your parents can do.

Old 11-21-2004, 09:06 PM   #10
    musashiden

musashiden HB User

calamitty, i cant be funny with it because my name rimes with *****!! your name just rime with stephy. how would you feel if everybody went around calling you a ***** huh?

eightball, i have been thinking about telling the officer about it but what in the world is he going to do?, arrest plp for saying it? and even if he did arrest them, everybody then would make fun of me for calling an officer on them, besides, they dont care if they get arrested. and i cant tell my parents for 2 reasons.....
    1. my mom would make the biggest of deals about it and will enbarrasdme in front of my school for ever!!!! they would call me mama's boy for the rest of my life!!

2.i am named after my father.... i would hurt his feelings....

so there is no way out of this exept starting to kick plps hinees if they get smart with me.

peace out...

Old 11-21-2004, 10:44 PM   #11
    franstranges
    (female)

franstranges HB User

Look, i am named after my uncle, and i am a girl. All my sister got normal names like mary and jennifer and jessica. I was named after my uncle frank (so i am told) So the name calling in the household alone was enough, not to mention school. In grade school, I used to put "to mary" (my twin sister) on all my school work because i hated my name so much. Kids are cruel. High school is hard, i would never want to do it over, youth is great, but high school is not so much. But they will grow out of it. And as it has previously been said they will remember your name forever. I rarely ever have to reintroduce myself. People remember me, or at least my name. Forget those drones whose names are just names and are regular. Your name has history, its orginal and it stands out. Honour that. And please dont bust any noses to get them to stop, that will just get you arrested. High school will be over soon enough. In the meantime, learn to let the teasing roll of your back. Dont degrade yourself with any comeback, just look disinterested in them at their remarks. I know that it is easier said than done, but that will help you in future situations too.
    Good luck
    You have friends here that will not make fun of your name.

Old 11-22-2004, 03:14 AM   #12
    musashiden

musashiden HB User

but you do not understand!!!!
    how would you feel if plp whent around calling you a *****?
    is not the same as frank!!

Old 11-22-2004, 05:47 AM   #13
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Well you are mad about getting suspended... Think about how you will feel if you get expelled??? Fighting will not making anything better and just make things worst. People may call you mamma's boy but its much better than getting suspended. The officer can talk to the students and if they keep it up you and you mom can file harrassment charges. It is all up to you but only you can stop it.

Old 11-22-2004, 07:56 AM   #14
    Calamity04

Calamity04 HB User

Oh sorry, we forgot. We just cannot possible understand what you are going through... It wasn't like I was thought of as a ***** for four years of high school by people I didn't know, but yes you are so misunderstood and what was I thinking trying to say otherwise.

Old 11-22-2004, 11:16 AM   #15
    Thisby
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Seems like people know how to make you mad now. And as long as you keep reacting like you do, these losers are going to keep at it. You have got to do your best to control your reactions. People who make fun of other people's names are sooooo immature. I'm an adult now and my last name is... let's say easy to make fun of... and I'm always surprised when another adult will actually make fun of it! Seriously! Like they're still in 4th grade or something. It would almost bring me to tears when I was little, but now it's like 'duh, haven't heard that one before..."

It really is a matter of perception, and you have let this one get waaaay out of control. You are now far too sensitive to it. It's just a word, and you know as well as they do that you're not that word, but because you react to it, they say it, and because they say it, you get madder. One of you is going to have to stop it, and since you're the one posting here, it's going to have to be you.

Anyway, the best defence is NOT reacting. I know it is hard, but they will get tired of it, guaranteed.

Closed Thread