It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• the girl i like likes my best friend ":S" help!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-26-2004, 01:59 PM   #1
    kahl6489
    (male)

kahl6489 HB User
    Unhappy the girl i like likes my best friend ":S" help!!!

hey, so ive liked this girl for, for i dunno, maybe a year and a half now...but shes always been dating or w/e and so we havent been able to "see eachother" just be friends...well so for the past month or so, we've been hangin out and all, and i started gettin the idea that they might have something for eachother. So i had some people over for thanksgiving just to hang out and stuff...i kinda noticed a little bit of that stuff goin on (little flirtin...what not) so i confronted the matter to both of them...my best friend says that he doesnt like her, and that he thought she was kinda comin on to him a little...(i have enourmous trust in him)...and then i asked her, she admitted to likeing him, after i pounded the question to get the truth. The big problem is that ive always only wanted her to be happy...and i dont think she can be happy with him, cuz hes not relaly what you would call a ladys man. my friend also went on to say that he didnt want to like her, because he knew how much i liked her and all...but hes only human, i dont realy want him to liek her either just cuz id ont want him to hurt her...and becuase maybe im a tad jelous.

...so my big question is, i dont see how this happened...and if i should be jelous, if i should have confronted the matter, and if there is anything i can do to get her back...(she says that her feelings for me were strong and still are, but im so confused about that too)

please i know its long...but a good response would be great...i just cant stop thinking about her and dont think ill ever be able to until i get this all resolved...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2004, 06:48 PM   #2
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User
    Re: the girl i like likes my best friend ":S" help!!!

I know you have liked her for sometime but nothing has came around for the both of you to actually get together. I can relate to your feelings and this is your friend and he shouldn't be trying to get with her.

I know its just flirting but what were they doing to be considered flirting?

He stated that he doesn't like her and then the situation should be left but she admitited to like him. You can't change her feelings. You both had your time but nothing worked out for it to happen. It may happen but only time will tell. You friend should know his distance and shouldn't go onto a relationship with her unless you say its ok. You can't control though on what she wants. I think the matter should be left as it is and see what happends between you and this girl.

Old 11-27-2004, 12:00 AM   #3
    greenday325

greenday325 HB User

This may sound a little strange to you, but I was actually in a similar situation with one of my friends. I liked her for a while, but it seemed like we were always just going to be friends. One day at a party she just came out and said all this stuff about how its so surprising that we had never gotten together, and what not, and a month later, we are now dating. It's really weird how things will work themselves out, but my best advice is that if it's meant to be, something will happen sooner than later between you two. If she's come out and told you that she likes your best friend, you shouldbasically just chill out for a bit until she gets over that, and have trust in your friend not to do anything with her. Hopefully, you will be able to work something out later, but as for now, try not to become the best friend to whom she comes with all of her guy problems, and especially don't become the one who has to set her up with your best friend. Back off for a little bit, hang out with her a bit more, but don't do anything stupid or blatantly obvious, and see what happens with it. Once again, if its meant to be, something pleasant will happen. Just do NOT send her the impression that you hanging out with her is only because you want to get with her, because that will not go over well. Charm her, or something, but do not come off desperate or blatant, because neither will win you any love. Hope this helps, let me know....

Old 11-27-2004, 02:37 PM   #4
    Incubus_Cali
    Inactive
    (male)

Incubus_Cali HB User

classic teenage story. your heart is sayin yes but ur mind is saying no. No matter how hard the situation is , you have to be logical. ur panicking jumping to conclusions. This turns out to be a big problem ur maybe too shy or have self esteem issues and u havent asked her out, maybe uve played the nice guy image too long. Just go for it man ask her out man. Do it trust me do it its like ridin a roller coaster all the pressure is gettn to the top of it. I promise you if u do this then u will feel so much better in the years to come if u dont it will build up to be somthin bigger

Old 11-28-2004, 12:05 AM   #5
    kahl6489
    (male)

kahl6489 HB User

where the **** did that response come from..your sposed to think b4 you respond...i said she DOESNT like me anymore, she likes my best friend, you nimrod, if i ask her out its gunna be an imediat no, and will just make things worse for me...dont act like you know everything when it comes to us teenagers cuz obviously by that response either your not a good ready, or you plain stupid!!!!

oh, and thank you 2 all the other people that thought b4 they responded apreciate those thought filled ones

Last edited by kahl6489; 11-28-2004 at 12:08 AM.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:55 AM   #6
    StormGirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

StormGirl HB User

Yep, unfortunately I think only time will tell with this one... But you seem to have accepted the situation well and are handling it as maturely as possible for someone your age. As said before, you can't force her to like you or not like your best friend, so just hang out with her as a friend and see what happens... but don't forget to keep your eye out for other girls who may be waiting for you to notice them!!!

Good luck!!!

Old 11-28-2004, 04:01 AM   #7
    GuNz_N_RoZes
    Inactive
    (male)

GuNz_N_RoZes HB User

yea she doesnt like you like incubus said get over it you need to go to anger management ...

Old 11-29-2004, 01:09 AM   #8
    StormGirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

StormGirl HB User

Hmmmm, you are young and going through a valuable learning experience... please do not be put off by unhelpful posts...

Good luck

Old 11-29-2004, 07:41 PM   #9
    kahl6489
    (male)

kahl6489 HB User

hey, yea i know, but i guess i kinda had that one comin to me...but thanks stormgirl...

doin a follow up again...well, that girl and my friend are really hittin it off...and i think im kinda fallin for the girls friend...i dont really know if its just because i know i cant have her, or what, but i think everything will work out this time. Altho i still have tremendous feelings for her, i think i have more feelings for her friend...weve known eachother longer, and just never really thought about anything like this...

besides me and "girl a" still hang out alot since shes practically datin my friend...and cuz im practically dating her best friend, i dont know, i guess i dont want to hurt either one of them, so im kinda cautious with everything...but i think this one might turn out for the best thanks everyone

Old 11-29-2004, 08:09 PM   #10
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

If she wont go out with you then just leave it be and be friends with her. Maybe you can hook up with one of her friends. If your friend doesn't like her then you don't need to worry about them hooking up.

Old 11-29-2004, 08:11 PM   #11
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

LOL wow i didnt read the 2nd Page sorry see i was HALF right. LOL

Closed Thread