It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• I got man boobs!! Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-09-2005, 06:16 PM   #1
    boatman25
    (male)

boatman25 HB User
    I got man boobs!! Help!

Hello, since ive been in middle school ive had "man boobs"...I'm not fat, about

150 lbs at 5 foot 7 inches tall. Ive done plenty of research and learned that

this is called gynecomastia. To get rid of it, Ive tried exercising my peck

muscles, and nothing works. Ive tried dieting, and losing weight and that

hasnt worked. Ive even talked to my doctor, and he claimed 5 years ago,

that " Oh its just part of puberty and it will go away." 5 years later it has not

gone away and really the only option would be surgery which i cannot afford.

It really hurts me deep down on the inside, cuz im afraid it shows how fake i

really am. Not a lot of people know but my famiy, and all they do is make fun

of me instead of supporting me and trying to do something about it.

When I go to the beach, or swimming, i am Sooooo self conscious. When im

out laying in the sun and i see girls, i cant talk to them, cause chances are

that I wil have bigger boobs than they do. Well thats what my brother tells

me So I avoid activities where i have to take off my shirt. This has

prevented me from playing baseketball in high school cuz guys will call me

Bi*** Ti*s ..and they will squeeze them and it hurts. For the last 2 years of

high school ive done something that i do not know of other people do.... You

see when i wear a shirt my nipples stick so far out its embarassing. So for two

years i tape my nipples with scotch tape so that it gives a "FLAT" LOOK. I

guess that is weird, but thats all i got to say bout it for now. Someone helP!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
    musicmaker650
    Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User
    Re: I got man boobs!! Help!

Is this a joke?

Heredity take a large role in where your body stores fat. Did you grandfather have this trouble?

Old 01-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #3
    boatman25
    (male)

boatman25 HB User

Why would i make this up . No i didnt!...look on google and type gyno in and u will see pictures of people with this! He did not have this disease!

Old 01-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
    sleepyChris718
    Inactive
    (male)

sleepyChris718 HB User

words of advise. "suck it up". you are the way you are an thats it. i have slight man boobs but they not that bad. an i aint embarrased about it. but i still have a girl an i am respected by my friends. so
    F U C k thoes guys on the b-ball team, (if they did that to me i would cutt a$$ on them like make fun of whats wrong wit dem cuz everyone has a few thing wrong wit them) you are the way you are en everyone will have to deal with it. even you.so dont feel sorry for yourself

Last edited by sleepyChris718; 01-10-2005 at 05:25 PM.

Old 01-10-2005, 05:28 PM   #5
    musicmaker650
    Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

"Why would i make this up . No i didnt!...look on google and type gyno in and u will see pictures of people with this! He did not have this disease!"

boatman25,
    can I assume you are 25? This is a condition, not a disease. I did a Google search as you suggested and there are many causes and treatments for this. What else can we suggest to you?

Old 01-11-2005, 07:52 AM   #6
    JinL
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

The only way to get rid of them is have a plastic surgeon cut them out at about $5000.00 a trip. Sometimes they grow back if the underlying cause is not corrected.

The usual cause is too little testosterone & too much estrogen E2 during puberty.

It can be genetic. My father had them, I have them, my sons have them. Millions of men have them.

I have a "C" & a "B" cup size. I dated during & after high school & had no complaints.
    I married & had children.

Do not let the size of your breasts ruin your life. Teens, both male & female think they are freaks if they do not meet the Hollywood plastic standard.

Many girls like a guy with breasts & many do not. They can be very sexually sensitive if the girl likes them.

Good luck

Old 01-11-2005, 12:43 PM   #7
    boatman25
    (male)

boatman25 HB User

There is surgery. I caNnot afford it

Old 02-25-2005, 10:30 PM   #8
    ToughMan2007
    (male)

ToughMan2007 HB User

Hey man, can you tell me what soem of those treatments are because I have gyno, too and I'm really sick of it. I've been lifting wieghts and bench pressing for almost three years and my man boobs haven't gone away yet.

Old 02-25-2005, 10:53 PM   #9
    pjmaster86
    (male)

pjmaster86 HB User

I've read this on the Weight Loss forums, I too have slight man breasts and all I can say is exercise and watch what you eat... Cardio cardio cardio, run, jog, walk, whatever. It takes time, but it might work for you.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #10
    JinL
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToughMan2007
    Hey man, can you tell me what soem of those treatments are because I have gyno, too and I'm really sick of it. I've been lifting wieghts and bench pressing for almost three years and my man boobs haven't gone away yet.
    If you are past puberty they are probably permanent.

Go to an endocronoligist doctor that specializes in male hormones. Get a full series of male & female hormone tests to see if your levels are out of balance.

Usually the estrogen E2 is too high & the testosterone is too low.

If that is the test results he can proscribe treatment for both cases.
    It will not make them go away, but may prevent further growth.

Do not let the size of your breasts determine your attitude toward life or others. I have had them since puberty & I dated, married & have a good life.

Good luck

Old 03-15-2005, 03:35 PM   #11
    ToughMan2007
    (male)

ToughMan2007 HB User

Well, I finally got my man boobs fixed!! I went to the doctor and he told me I just had a low testosterone level. So he gave me a prescription for some Androderm Testosterone patches. I've had the patches for about a week and a half now. My man boobs are not all the way gone yet, but I can tell that they are going away. My chest is smaller and more muscular than what it used to be. Maybe any of you guys with this problem should try these patches, but go see your doctor first.

Closed Thread