It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Height pills?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-17-2005, 10:48 AM   #1
    stillfightin123

stillfightin123 HB User
    Height pills?

hey im 16 (male) and about 5'6 and would like to grow taller but i think i've stopped cuz i havent grown in a year and a half. My question is do any of the height growth pills actually work or are they scams?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2005, 08:48 PM   #2
    angeleyes16

angeleyes16 HB User
    Re: Height pills?

Hey. About the whole height thing... you're only 16 you have time to grow still. 5''6 is pretty good for age 16. You may hit some growth spurt when ur 18 or 19, but does it matter that much? But that wasn't your question. lol... I didn't even know they had pills for that. I wouldn't recommend it. Many of those pills offered for weight n height have some negative side affects. If you do plan on doing this, get some good information about it first.

Old 01-17-2005, 09:35 PM   #3
    lovelydaze
    (female)

lovelydaze HB User

I have many guy friends that were shorter than you at 16. Everybody grows at different times. Some of those short people I know aren't so short anymore. In fact, they're taller than everyone now. One guy in particular shot up to 6'2." However, it took him until the time he was a freshman in college, and to be honest, I think he might still be growing!

Old 01-17-2005, 11:30 PM   #4
    The only name not taken
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

The only name not taken HB User

Most guys have a growth spurt around 17 1/2 to 18. Thats when just about every guy I knew got a whole lot taller. So dont worry, you've still got a bit to grow, and even if you dont, your by no means short.

Old 01-19-2005, 10:27 PM   #5
    stillfightin123

stillfightin123 HB User

im asian and i've grown less than an inch in the past year :-/

Old 01-20-2005, 12:00 AM   #6
    Warren_G
    Inactive
    (male)

Warren_G HB User

add up your parents height in inches (both of them) and divide by 2 thats how tall you will be

Old 01-20-2005, 09:29 AM   #7
    goatofthenever

goatofthenever HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Warren_G
    add up your parents height in inches (both of them) and divide by 2 thats how tall you will be
    That is completely inaccurate Warren, Both me and my brother are well above the height of both of our parents, and my friend and his siblings are above thiers as well.

Stillfightin, Normally asian people don't get to tall so don't except to much. However i have heard of people getting taller beyond the age of 18, so you still have time. As for height pills, I've never heard of them but am 100% sure they are ********.

Old 01-20-2005, 01:26 PM   #8
    Bekki
    (female)

Bekki HB User

heh yeah that doesn't sum doesn't really work.. that would mean I should be about 5'11, because my Mum is 5'10, my Dad is 5'11 3/4" , and my older sister is 6'1" .. but I'm 5'10" - I don't really like being tall though, especially being female.

Last edited by Bekki; 01-20-2005 at 01:29 PM.

Old 01-20-2005, 04:19 PM   #9
    goatofthenever

goatofthenever HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bekki
    but I'm 5'10" - I don't really like being tall though, especially being female.
    Truse me, being tall is a good thing most chicks are too short.

Old 01-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #10
    scorpion4377

scorpion4377 HB User

Don't take any of those. I find short girls really attractive. Plus, you're 16, you can still grow, despite not getting much taller lately. My mom is 5' 4", and my sister is 5'. Don't worry about it! A girl can never be too short. A guy can, though. I'm 5' 8", thank God. At least I'm a bit above average.

Old 01-22-2005, 02:50 AM   #11
    lola_lv
    (female)

lola_lv HB User

seriously dont wory my brother was 5ft7 until he was 18, then he had a major growth spurt and grew to 6ft2

Old 01-30-2005, 02:56 PM   #12
    stillfightin123

stillfightin123 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scorpion4377
    Don't take any of those. I find short girls really attractive. Plus, you're 16, you can still grow, despite not getting much taller lately. My mom is 5' 4", and my sister is 5'. Don't worry about it! A girl can never be too short. A guy can, though. I'm 5' 8", thank God. At least I'm a bit above average.
    did i mention i was a guy ? lol
    and i dont know some ppl i've asked said that these pills work and some said that they dont

Old 01-30-2005, 03:50 PM   #13
    ForgottenFaith
    Veteran
    (male)

ForgottenFaith HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stillfightin123
    hey im 16 (male) and about 5'6 and would like to grow taller but i think i've stopped cuz i havent grown in a year and a half. My question is do any of the height growth pills actually work or are they scams?
    There aren't any pills out there on the market that will make you taller. If you do want be taller, then you'll have to opt for surgery, and it's a painful process from what I've read, and it's only for a couple inches. Your height is pre-determined by your genes, and as a male, you should grow to be about the same height as your father. Ask your father if he was a late bloomer and if he was, then chances are you will be too. Just be happy with your height because once your growth plates in your bones fuse, there is no more room for growth. You didn't provide us with the height of your father or mother, so it's hard to assess more or less how tall you will be. If your family is short then that would explain for your lack of height. Have you gone through a growth spurt? Like was there a year when you grew, say 3-4 inches? If you did experience this, then you will grow about an inch every year after that until your growth plates close. Be happy with your height, man. I would say to get a bone age done but it's not like you're that short. A bone age is when they take an x-ray of your hand and wrist and compare it to others your age and see if you are behind in development and if you still have room to grow.

Last edited by ForgottenFaith; 01-30-2005 at 03:51 PM.

Closed Thread