It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• i hate my stepdad

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #1
    x8danielle8x

x8danielle8x HB User
    i hate my stepdad

i really do.. its to the point now where i cant stand him for more that 5 min w/o getting aggravated to where i would really love to just see him leave.. he yells at me for stuff that i do or dont do.. but when his daughter was still living here she did or didnt do them and she never got yelled at... example: i recently moved into the basement room and i admit that i am down in my room more than im upstairs.. MAIN POINT IN ME GOING DOWN THERE WAS PRIVACY... so he decides to tell me that my mother was upset that i havent been upstairs with them anymore.. if she felt that way then she could have ***** told me herself... ok so when my sister did live with us she was in her room more than i am now or she just wasnt home... another stupid thing: he decided that i cant put holes in the walls (for like posters and bulletin board) but my sister hung up magazine articles and everything she wanted to... but what *********** aggravates me the most is how he talks to my half brother and sister (there 5yr old twins) everything that ever comes out of his mouth is bad.. when they do there hw he yells at them for stupid stuff like using too many colors to color a horse... or making the T in there name too big.. there 5 and not perfect... but i can see how they respond to this and its not very well if all u ever got was critizism how would you feel.. its simply the tone is his voice that kills them its the condecending (sp) u do everything wrong thing that a 5 yr old shouldnt have to go through... they need praise for everything that they do... n the worst thing of all when they do something bad he threatens them... not like time out... like ill wring your neck or youll be sorry mean and horrible things like that ... i mean what the hell is he thinking does he really think that thats the way you raise a child it makes me sooooo mad sometimes that i cant handle it i feel so bad that i cant do anything... im really at my whits end with him i dont even know.... i really cant wait to go to college! advice please!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2005, 03:48 PM   #2
    jasmyn04

jasmyn04 HB User
    Re: i hate my stepdad

Have you ever tried just sitting down with him and you mom and just talking about what's bugging you? I know it's easier said than done, but it might work. The way he treats the twins just isn't right. Like you said, they're only five and aren't perfect. Poor things. Children look up to and admire their parents, and they take the parents comments to heart. Your step father should know that.

Maybe you can ask a school counselor what she would do. Because family situations like these are complicated to handle on your own. I hope everything works out ok.

Closed Thread