It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• thongs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
    hottie990
    (female)

hottie990 HB User
    Question thongs

i'm 12 and all or most of my firends wear thongs. i don't kno how to mention it to my mom. i even make jokes with my friends even my guy friends about thongs. do you think i should ask my mom for a thong and how should i do it??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2005, 10:41 AM   #2
    nadyjo
    Inactive
    (female)

nadyjo HB User
    Re: thongs

My husband and I were just having this conversation regaurding our daughter who is eleven. I noticed that one of her friends was were one when she bent over. I did not know they even made them that small! Well between me and my husband the answer to my daughter would be a collective NO. In his words is the only two reason to wear a thong would be to look sexy for someone or not to have panty lines. Number one she is 11 who in Gods name does she have to look sexy for? And if she feels the need to then there is a bigger problem we would be dealing with her! Number two she is ONLY 11 who cares about panty lines? The question I would have for you is why do you feel the need to wear one? No judging passing here at all. Just curious.

From a mom

Old 04-27-2005, 10:48 AM   #3
    PrittyGreenEyez
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

I wore them in highschool and everytime I did I managed to end up with a yeast infection...from then on I stopped and haven't had another yeast infection since. I REALLY don't think you wanna deal with one of those.

Old 04-27-2005, 07:12 PM   #4
    last1
    Inactive
    (male)

last1 HB User

Calling yourself hottie999 certainly concerns me. Look, I am dad, and I have to respond like a dad (which is really one of the best roles I've ever had) - to me "a thong" implies that you are easy and loose, and you're much more willing to engage in questionable behaviors that you may, in fact, not be ready to face. If you want to communicate this to your friends then I have to wonder why? ANd I have to ask, if some older kid was turned on by your sexiness (as demonstrated by the thong) would you be able to discourage him. Remember, it's what a thong implies that creates the problems not what your intentions are for wearing it. A guy won't really care what you mean by wearing the thong but by what he thinks you mean.
    But, you're question is really "should I ask my mom for a thong and how should I do it?" And my answer is: "yes". This is a big, personal issue for you and one that I am hoping your mother will both appreciate and understand your willingness and openness with her. You should simply approach your mother when just the two of you are together. You should ask her opinion about what kind of underwear is appropriate and that you have a desire to try the thong. And then, if your mother is smart, she should allow you to purchase just one thong with the agreement that you will only wear it when the two of you are together and not when you are out with friends. If you decide that you don't like it then, I think the two of you have come a long way in building trust and responsibility.

Old 04-28-2005, 05:19 AM   #5
    hottie990
    (female)

hottie990 HB User

thanks!

Last edited by hottie990; 04-28-2005 at 07:40 AM.

Old 04-28-2005, 06:41 AM   #6
    JinL
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

I think that a young girl wearing a thong sends out the message "I think I am sexy & may be sexually available to the right boy".

I say No to young girls & thongs, but I only have sons.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:36 AM   #7
    Thisby
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hottie990
    ... so I just think of them as normal undies.
    If you really believed that, you wouldn't be here posting about how to ask your mom for them, would you? The fact that you are even wondering how to bring it up with her says you already know they might be 'not allowed' and I'm sure you know why. They aren't 'normal undies', and you know it.

Maybe in a few years, when even your grandmother is wearing them, THEN they will be 'normal undies', but for now, too many people think they're a little too *you know*, and certainly not for really young girls.

Anyway, I guess this doesn't help with your actual question, but don't be surprised if mom sez 'no, not yet'.

Old 04-28-2005, 02:15 PM   #8
    last1
    Inactive
    (male)

last1 HB User

You know, the real issue here is how you and your mom can learn to sort this kind of thing out. It seems as though most people don't think thongs are appropriate for girls your age. But, you asked how to approach your mom about this and I think you deserve an answer. There are going to be many times, as you continue to mature, in which you and your mom may disagree - boys, dating, grades, homework, etc are just the tip of the ice berg. I think you want to know becuase you value your mom's opinion, not because you want to engage or confront your mother in an argument.
    So, as I have said before, the important thing to note is that I think you are being considerate of your mom's feelings, and that you value her opinion. SO, always be honest with her - whether you're talking about underwear or homework - and don't give her reason to believe that you ebing anyting but honest and trustworthy. ANd, when you ask her opinion you have to be prepared to accept that opinion whether you agree with it or not. Let us know how this works out and good luck.

Old 04-28-2005, 06:58 PM   #9
    ForgottenFaith
    Veteran
    (male)

ForgottenFaith HB User

I agree with the others when they say you're too young to be wearing thongs. You're only 12 years old, who do you have to look sexy for? I also agree with the others when they say you should consult with your mother about this issue. I've seen a lot of young girls wear thongs and every one of them were called some pretty mean things.

Last edited by ForgottenFaith; 04-28-2005 at 06:58 PM.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:16 PM   #10
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User

Following peers isn't alays a good idea. Think about it. Thongs are a sexy peice of clothing. You're 12...wayyyyy too young to be wearing stuff like that!

Old 04-28-2005, 10:42 PM   #11
    Lauren831
    (female)

Lauren831 HB User

i guess since im only 17 my point of view now would be different from what it'll prolly be when im a mother i might say you cant wear them till your 20 (haha), but right now i think its not a big deal, maybe wait another year or two but i dont consider them always to be a sexy item, cmon i have a pair with duckies on them lol. I personally didnt start wearing them till i was 15 only because i was worried about panty lines and it took me awhile to get use to the idea of something up there, but at 12 years old you dont have to worry about panty lines they shouldnt be a big issue, i know they werent when i was that age. But yeah i would wait a little longer before you get into those, and dont worry if your friends wear them already, no need to follow the crowd

Old 04-29-2005, 10:36 AM   #12
    phoenix'fire
    (male)

phoenix'fire HB User

Please for everybodys sake if you are that young please do not wear a thong. There is nothing worse for us guys then cruzin the mall and seeing all these little girls in skanky clothing. Sometimes you can't even tell how old these girls are and that is what can cause even more problems. I dont know why parents even let their little girls have clothing like this. And to whoever the dad was who posted before saying that yes you should ask and get one to wear only when you are with your mom and no other times is very naive...do you think that if she likes it and all of her friends are wearing it she is not going to sneak out with it on? Wait until you are older.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:29 AM   #13
    ForgottenFaith
    Veteran
    (male)

ForgottenFaith HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by phoenix'fire
    And to whoever the dad was who posted before saying that yes you should ask and get one to wear only when you are with your mom and no other times is very naive...do you think that if she likes it and all of her friends are wearing it she is not going to sneak out with it on? Wait until you are older.
    My thoughts exactly. If her friends are wearing it and she wants to wear it, she's going to wear it. All she has to do is take the pair with her and change into them later. Just like the girls who have parents who are against make-up; the girls take it to school, put it on, and wash it off before they go home.

Old 04-30-2005, 02:53 AM   #14
    pussinboots
    (female)

pussinboots HB User

I have been wearing thongs/g-strings since I was 11, same with all my friends. I think its perfectly normal for you to wear a thong at that age if you want to, they're much easier, and you don't get ugly pantylines! so just ask your mom!

Old 04-30-2005, 06:44 AM   #15
    JinL
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

At ypur age you should not be wearing clothes so tight that panty lines would be seen. That kind of clothing sends a message to many guys that you are sexually available.

Closed Thread