It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Laser Whitening= NIGHTMARE.....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2005, 06:08 AM   #1
    princess72
    Inactive
    (female)

princess72 HB User
    Laser Whitening= NIGHTMARE.....

I have to share my story............... I went to the dentist to get my teeth whitened. I smoked for 18 years, and wanted the best treatment. It costs me $500. I have very sensitive teeth, and receeding gums on 4 of my teeth! What an experience.......1st i hate going to the dentist, but i had no idea this process was like this. K, it only lasted 1 hour, 2 hour total with prepertion. When we were done.....i had set my expectations thru the roof! They were sooooooooooooo much better, but not perfect! Later that evening TOOTH ACHE, that was out of this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can handle pain, but not tooth aches!!!!!! I went and bought some ambsol! The next day, i tried to use the bleaching trays. The nurse told me not to get the solution on the gums, as it would IRRITATE them. So, i barely put any on mouth gard. You are suppose to wear this for 1 1/2 hour. I lasted 2 minutes. PAIN............. like you wouldnt believe. Oh, someone help me!!!!!! I am so mad i could scream! Yes, my teeth look better, but this experience was a nightmare!!!! Believe me, im not a big baby! This was unreal! How do i get thru the pain, to use these bleaching trays, so i cn maintain this? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'd love to hear your story!!!!!!!!!1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2005, 01:50 PM   #2
    grapeape789
    (female)

grapeape789 HB User
    Re: Laser Whitening= NIGHTMARE.....

I used to work as a dental assistant and you would not believe how many people just walked in off the street complaining of problems from whitening, even the Crest strips.Some even thought they needed root canals the pain was so bad. Since it was free for me, I had the doc give me one of the kits and OMG! The next day I was teary from the pain!Some people don't have a problem but others-look out.The dentist I worked for told me not to wear the trays as long, and to use as little of the gel as possible so it didn't overflow and irritate my gums.In the meantime he suggested pain pills-the only thing that helped me was 2 aleve.Your teeth are probably still too sensitive from the initial tx. Wait a few days before trying again. It won't ruin the process-just stay away from what they probably already told you-coffee, teas. red wine, dark pop...You'll be allright but you might need to use the trays every other day for less time-you'll still get good results.

Old 05-07-2005, 05:23 PM   #3
    sheryl555

sheryl555 HB User
    Re: Laser Whitening= NIGHTMARE.....

From what I understand, if you have any recession at all this means some root is exposed. You cannot let any of the whitening toothpaste or the strips come in contact with the gum line. That is why I would never consider having a denist do the whitening, no way. The crest strips are harmless, because you have control that it does not touch the gum/root. Go out and buy some toothpaste for sensitive teeth and that should work I would think in a couple days, I would leave the trays alone for quite awhile.
    Good luck to you, I truly feel for you.
    Sheryl

Closed Thread