It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• BlackOuts

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-15-2005, 08:55 PM   #1
    WHY??
    (male)

WHY?? HB User
    BlackOuts

If anyone has read my other thread, you will know that I dont have it easy at home.Well weather or not this has anything to do with it, I dont know but here it is. A few days ago, I was at the movies with some freinds. It was all normal untill I had a blackout. It was so wierd. I was in the car with some freinds going to the movies one minute, then I just woke up, and I was running towards a freind. I dont know why I was running. I dont remember anything. It took me a few seconds to remember where I was and what I was doing. I didnt say anything to anyone, and I just put it aside. Well the next day, I was sitting at the computer, talking to a freind. We were having a good conversation, then another one happened. I blacked out. I just woke up on the chair, whith a phone in my hand. My freind was like "hellllloooooooooo...............helllll lloooo you still there. I hung up. I didnt know where i was. Once again it took me a few seconds to know where I was. I was so scared. I told my mom. She said she is calling my cardioligist. Weather or not this is stress, medicine, sleep, whatever, i need help. It hasnt happened again yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 08:09 AM   #2
    mystiq86
    (female)

mystiq86 HB User
    Re: BlackOuts

I used to have 'blackouts', but mine were different from yours. I'd lose my vision completely, and would just fall to the ground, sometimes I passed out completely, sometimes not. This used to happen to me about a dozen times a day. I turns out I have really low blood pressure, and when I rise from a seated position I'd 'blackout'. If your cardiologist can't figure out what's wrong then maybe you should see a neurologist. Your situation reminds me slightly of narcolepsy. Are you tired all the time?

Old 05-27-2005, 05:49 AM   #3
    ima_lozer21

ima_lozer21 HB User

Maybe it's your future self, coming back to understand you past. Lol. Ever see The Butterfly Effect? Nah i'm just kiddin' As mystiq said, it sounds like narcolepsy. You might wanna see a neurologist about it. It could be very serious (Or nothing at all) Good luck, and tell us what happens!

Old 05-27-2005, 07:27 AM   #4
    last1
    Inactive
    (male)

last1 HB User

Dear WHY???? Ok, this seems to be a pretty serious issue and should not be put off. Go directly to your doctor, do not pass go, do not collect $200. The point is that "blackouts" are not normal behavior and could be indicative of something more serious. If fact, you may not be having "blackouts" but you could be having "focal seizure" and while these are not dangerous in an of themselves, imagine if you are driving and this happens. Do not try to diagnose this yourself. chris

Old 06-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #5
    weazel3182007
    (female)

weazel3182007 HB User

hi I'm samantha. I'm 16 and I saw this posting. I get blackouts to except I don't completely pass out. I get really dizzy and things go dark and I get pressure in my head I also get chest pains that are sharp and all throughout my chest. I also have been extremely fatigued lately.My mom took me to see a cardiologist and they did tests and didn't find anything.Both my mom and I believe there's something wrong. If anybody has infiormation that could help my mom and I figure out what's wrong please post back.

Old 06-05-2005, 03:05 PM   #6
    Heavenfruit
    (male)

Heavenfruit HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mystiq86
    I used to have 'blackouts', but mine were different from yours. I'd lose my vision completely, and would just fall to the ground, sometimes I passed out completely, sometimes not. This used to happen to me about a dozen times a day. I turns out I have really low blood pressure, and when I rise from a seated position I'd 'blackout'. If your cardiologist can't figure out what's wrong then maybe you should see a neurologist. Your situation reminds me slightly of narcolepsy. Are you tired all the time?

I know this is slightly off the topic. But I have this problem. I get up fromy my chair and it fades just about completely black, I'll get dizzy. Sometimes I even collapse to the floor for a moment.

It also happens when I'm doing something then look up (maybe at plane, the ceiling, whatever)..my vision will go black. Can you link me to some valueble information?

Edit: Also, If this helps: I'm tired everyday. Even if I sleep for 14 hours. I'm still and always will be tired.

Last edited by Heavenfruit; 06-05-2005 at 03:07 PM.

Old 06-06-2005, 09:20 AM   #7
    annonymousely

annonymousely HB User

heavenfruit- this is exactly what i get! when i get up from sitting down, turn around too fast, and especially bad when i first wake up in the morning. everything goes black and i feel dizzy with pressure in my head. I was told by my mom that she used to get this too so i am just going to ride it out lol good luck

Old 06-06-2005, 10:17 AM   #8
    Heavenfruit
    (male)

Heavenfruit HB User

Good to know I have someone to relate to.

I also seem to get it in the shower, As soon as I turn the water on. Don't know why though. =\

Old 06-06-2005, 04:00 PM   #9
    WHY??
    (male)

WHY?? HB User

Heavenfruit, i know exactly what your problem is!
    I had the exact same thing. Like when you get up from sitting down, your really dizzy, and your vision gits all messed, and sometimes you fall over. Well, you need to drink lots of water. You are not hydrated enough.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:22 PM   #10
    Heavenfruit
    (male)

Heavenfruit HB User

That could be the case. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Old 06-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #11
    mystiq86
    (female)

mystiq86 HB User

heavenfruit,
    your situation sounds exactly like mine. go to doctor. have him check you for postural hypotension. even if your blood pressure is normal when they check it when you get in there, that doesn't really mean much.
    what really needs to be checked is your blood pressure when lying down and then IMMEDIATELY when you stand up. if you blood pressure drops drastically when you rise from a seated or lying position that will cause you to 'black out' and you sometime fall over.
    my doctor put me on florinef acetate to raise my blood pressure. it works great. i don't 'black out' anymore. keep me updated.
    best wishes,
    natalie

Old 06-19-2005, 12:36 PM   #12
    screwball9075
    (female)

screwball9075 HB User

it could also be epilepsy...my cousin had that and she would zone out into the distance and snap back after a while.

Old 06-23-2005, 05:00 PM   #13
    Odie2Short
    (male)

Odie2Short HB User

Heavenfruit , It might also be monnucleosus , I had it and it made me tired alot , cuz that is what it does too people , and sometimes when u get up u feel like your going to fall down. If ure tired alot , mabye feelign nautious , achy muscles or anything else , Goto a doctor and tell them you want a monospot test and then will do it , Itz 1 needle . I hate needles but it made me fdeel alot better. So yea I woudl also take that into consideration.

Closed Thread