It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Whats the 'right' age to get a boyfriend?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-27-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
    eccentric
    (female)

eccentric HB User
    Question Whats the 'right' age to get a boyfriend?

I am 13 and i don't have a boyfriend purely because i have not tryed to get one! some of my friends do. but what is the right age to get a boyfriend?

Last edited by eccentric; 05-27-2005 at 11:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
    Justawondering
    Veteran
    (female)

Justawondering HB User
    Re: Whats the 'right' age to get a boyfriend?

There is no right age to get a boyfriend.... when your mature enough to handle it and when you are ready to take on the emotions that come along with it..... Good Luck and keep us posted...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    **B**
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:41 PM   #3
    ByTheWay

ByTheWay HB User
    Exclamation Re: Whats the 'right' age to get a boyfriend?

I used to think (when I was a pre-teen, I think) that the appropriate age would be 16 -- when you can get a driver's license. Think about it: who wants to take a girl out...and have his parents drive??

Right now, however, I strongly recommend that roughly 16 should be the right age to start dating, but for different reasons. And notice my terminology: "start dating" rather than "get a boyfriend."

Pairing off at an early age is detrimental to emotional and physical health in many instances. Rather, the correct approach should be "going on dates" rather than "going steady." And even this shouldn't be done too early.

At your age, you're at the time when boys stop being gross for most girls. For now, I would recommend that you build up good friendships with a wide variety of boys, and girls. Go out in a mixed group and as friends. This will help you (and them!) learn how to act with the opposite sex.

More serious relationships should come later.

--BTW

(p.s. -- If an older boy (meaning, a few years older) asks you to date steadily, be cautious! Don't let your emotions rule. NEVER feel pressured to date him, thinking "He's older, cute, and likes me!" ... there is danger in this situation!

Old 05-27-2005, 10:51 PM   #4
    Bekki
    (female)

Bekki HB User

My parents wouldn't allow me to date until I was 16; that still sounded quite young for me.. My first (and only so far) boyfriend came to me after I turned 16.. I wasn't expecting it, or trying to get one, lol

Old 05-28-2005, 03:14 AM   #5
    dreamflyer1
    (male)

dreamflyer1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ByTheWay
    (p.s. -- If an older boy (meaning, a few years older) asks you to date steadily, be cautious! Don't let your emotions rule. NEVER feel pressured to date him, thinking "He's older, cute, and likes me!" ... there is danger in this situation!
    Can u elaberate on this please

Old 05-28-2005, 05:33 AM   #6
    SFinchy
    (male)

SFinchy HB User

I think they mean like if she dates a guy thats 16, he's gonna most likely want to get it on. If you know what i mean when she is only 13 or 14.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:12 AM   #7
    SammyT
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SammyT HB User

pfft yah! im so dumb. i wheeled a 17 year old and im only 14...gosh! i was realy drunk but still..i kno better then that. neways, i never had a bf yet and most of my friends had times iheir lives with bfs and gfs and whatnot. i never have..but thats aight with me. im in no rush...and u shouldnt be either...think of it this way...a majority of the kids who start going out at like 12 always breakup like a week or so later for a dumb dumb reason lol.

Old 05-28-2005, 11:55 AM   #8
    eccentric
    (female)

eccentric HB User

thanks everyone!

Closed Thread