It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• problem with blushing. help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2005, 05:32 AM   #1
    dryness

dryness HB User
    problem with blushing. help!

what can i do with my blushing problem? it's starting to stress me out. my face easily turn red and everytime it happens i would notice people staring at me, some would even cover their faces so that i wouldnt see them laughing at me.

i blush whenever i see good looking guys. it's not because i like them or that i'm attracted to them. it's really hard to explain. when im walking and would see a good looking guy coming my way i would feel my face starting to get hot and i know that my face is turning red. it's so embarrassing especially when i'm with my friends...they might think that i'm really weird. i don't have a choice! i didnt know how to control myself from blushing! now when i see someone and i would blush, im afraid that my friends would think that im interested in this person so the next time i see this person again i would blush again because i'm thinking that my friend is thinking that i like this person.

i tried not thinking about it but it didnt do any good. even if i keep telling myself,"dont blush, dont blush" i still blush.

what do i have to do? HELP!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2005, 07:35 AM   #2
    last1
    Inactive
    (male)

last1 HB User
    Re: problem with blushing. help!

Well, here's an opportunity to turn this to your advantage. Most people, rather than thinking it's weird may think it's kinda' cute. It portrays you as innocent and sometimes that can be a really good thing. As far as stopping it, it appears as though it's worse when you think it's happening. You may want to find out just what it is that makes you blush. Are you shy? Do you do well with mixed company? Do you relate well to people of all ages? Is it just around guys or around a mixed group with guys included?

Old 05-29-2005, 09:44 AM   #3
    SFinchy
    (male)

SFinchy HB User

I'm just like you i blush so easily and it can be very off putting. The way I sort of stop myself from blushing and its worked a fair bit is to just keep telling yourself that the persons not better than you lol, sounds strange but it worked for me. The reason I always went red was because I didnt know what to do, but just thinking and speaking in a loud and proud voice helped me .

I use to have cronic shyness, i even found myself not wanting to talk to strangers on the phone (part of my job) and answering questions in class. But now I dont even really notice it.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:06 AM   #4
    bgs79
    (male)

bgs79 HB User

Lol yeah I blush a lot too. Well, it's like a lot of people have white-colored faces and never blush at anytime. But a lot of people have that trait, that redness on the cheeks, at anytime. Yeah, it's easy for me to blush. I blush or get red when I get mad..or blush when I talk to a hot chick.....not a bad thing though...I've heard that it meant your circulation is good...and believe me it is not "bad" circulation...I workout a lot with weights and cardio and eat the right stuff yet I blush just as easily as I did before I started working out and everything. From my experience, you don't blush as easily once you get used to something....like talking in front of a group of people or doing a presentation.. I find that I get very very red when presenting a project in front of class, which is something I only do once a year, therefore I blush the most when doing that.

Old 05-29-2005, 09:29 PM   #5
    dryness

dryness HB User

i don't really have problems takling to strangers. i also don't have problem stalking in front of the whole class. what's making my situation embarrassing is that i usually blush when i see good looking guys--whether they're talking to me or not. or when a certain guy's name is mentioned i would start to feel my face getting hot and i don't really how to control it. i dont want these guys to think that i'm interested in them just because i blushed everytime i see them. is there any way i could control this?

Old 05-31-2005, 11:51 AM   #6
    ByTheWay

ByTheWay HB User

I'm a cronic blusher, too. And there's nothing I can do about it, even though I'm perfectly comfortable in front of groups.

My girlfriend is a blusher, as well -- and one of my favorite activities is making her blush (she hates that!)

But...the more I make her blush, the harder it is! I guess that's partly how it works -- you just have to be comfortable with it, and the blushing goes away.

(p.s. ... Most guys think blushing is really cute, and it's an ego-booster for a girl to blush when she sees you).

Old 06-01-2005, 04:24 AM   #7
    SFinchy
    (male)

SFinchy HB User

lol do women find it cute of just puffish?

Closed Thread