It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• back to school soon with braces...feeling very self-concsious

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-23-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
    piner08
    (female)

piner08 HB User
    back to school soon with braces...feeling very self-concsious

Your Question:
    The other day i had braces put on for the second time, and the first time I had braces they were on for five years I've had them off for one year and now they've been put back on. They were put back on because I need to have jaw suregery on my top and bottom jaw because I have sever tmk and only two of my teeth touch when I bite. I have ceramic braces on the top and metal in-ovation brackets on the bottom. I am going to have to wear these braces for a year and then next summer i will have my surgery and then have to wear the braces about another 6 months. I'm going to be a sophmore in hgih school this year and I hate that I have braces because they make me look very young and I'm extremely self-conscious about them. So I was wondering if there was any way to make the braces less visible on the bottom like something I could cover them with daily because they are glaring metal? The other day i had braces put on for the second time, and the first time I had braces they were on for five years I've had them off for one year and now they've been put back on. They were put back on because I need to have jaw suregery on my top and bottom jaw because I have sever tmk and only two of my teeth touch when I bite. I have ceramic braces on the top and metal in-ovation brackets on the bottom. I am going to have to wear these braces for a year and then next summer i will have my surgery and then have to wear the braces about another 6 months. I'm going to be a sophmore in hgih school this year and I hate that I have braces because they make me look very young and I'm extremely self-conscious about them. So I was wondering if there was any way to make the braces less visible on the bottom like something I could cover them with daily because they are glaring metal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2005, 06:49 PM   #2
    ~charlotte08~
    (female)

~charlotte08~ HB User
    Re: back to school soon with braces...feeling very self-concsious

try talking to your dentist about that or try looking online. Can you smile? If you don't want the braces to be seen, you should try smiling. I hope everything works out for you.

Closed Thread