It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Height questions for the guys.Petite?Tall?Figure?Personality?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
    hoiz
    (female)

hoiz HB User
    Height questions for the guys.Petite?Tall?Figure?Personality?

I know it seems a strange post, but im upset, angry, embarrassed and fed up.Im 17 years old and am a petite 5ft.I am thin and toned and fairly pretty.I come from a small family with my dad being very small for a guy...i like to blame this on being half Italian for my self esteem. I also have spinal problems and have been told if my spine were stretched out, id be another 2inches taller.But 5ft 2, is still petite!Im playfully teased about my height by guys, and was bullied when i was younger.But i try to take it on the chin.My bubbly and friendy personality makes up for the height lose in my opinion lol.

Ive had 2 serious boyfriends and alot of "fun" relationships!So its not the problem that i dont get attention from guys.Im just worried that my height is a factor of guys not wanting to be in a relationship with me...perhaps?Who knows.

[deleted]

Last edited by Mo-S4; 07-31-2005 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Surveys of this nature are not allowed on these boards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 05:41 PM   #2
    ForgottenFaith
    Veteran
    (male)

ForgottenFaith HB User
    Re: Height questions for the guys.Petite?Tall?Figure?Personality?

This is not a strange post by any means; however, you're not going to get the answers you're looking for here or anywhere. It all comes down to personal preferences. Regardless of who you ask, you're going to get mixed opinions and different responses. There are no 'yes' or 'no' answers to your questions. If you're teased because of your height, then who cares? There's nothing you can do about, and plus, some guys love petite girls. The right guy will come along and love you for who you are.

Old 07-29-2005, 06:09 PM   #3
    *Mood Ring*
    (female)

*Mood Ring* HB User

This post is stranger than fiction, kidding. Anyhow I am what the good and bad guys call the shorty of all shortys. I never had a problem getting dates, guys chasing me whatsover. Ive had trouble keeping them away but thats another thread.

I think alot of the reason has to do with oh Im bigger than her and it makes me feel taller. Like I am man now hear me roar, lol.
    I wished to be taller its hard reAChing for things in cu[pboards. Dont even have long legs that go on for miles. Ah well. I was given was I was supposed to have. Dont feel bad its genetics.

Last edited by *Mood Ring*; 07-29-2005 at 06:10 PM.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:18 PM   #4
    bgs79
    (male)

bgs79 HB User
    Hey...not a strange post at all...and I'm not sure why you're upset like that .... That's insane how guys pick on your height... like who cares what they think...and in high school...everyone's a moron it seems like..(you aren't of course)..

You're height is not the factor when in a relationship...or how attractive you are...but like I said... you've got everything going for yourself...

And don't ever think if some "kid" bullies you or something that everyone thinks the same way...it's mind boggling why they'd say that stuff...but then again, they're morons..

Hope this helped out!

Last edited by Mo-S4; 07-31-2005 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Response to survey and rude comments deleted.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:35 PM   #5
    WeathermanGS1
    (male)

WeathermanGS1 HB User

It wouldnít bother me one bit. The only concern I have regarding height in a woman is that Iím taller than her in heels. (Iím 6ft BTW) Looks attract me at first, then her personality seals the deal. But it doesnít matter anyways ----> Your inner beauty will shine a lot more than your exterior appearance. Itís really all about finding who you are and owning it.

-Greg

Old 07-30-2005, 11:39 PM   #6
    Bekki
    (female)

Bekki HB User

I have the opposite problem, hoz, I'm 17 too but I feel like I'm too tall!
    5'10", and while I'm still shorter than my boyfriend, I have to be careful about the shoes I buy; to make sure I don't stand taller than him when he stands next to me. The good thing about it though is that he's starting to slouch less, so he is taller than me

Old 07-31-2005, 12:51 AM   #7
    Watch
    (male)

Watch HB User

this post is crazy..just messing. Anyways i love girls who ask these type of questions! yes,i love people who value my oppinions =). I think your good height. my g/f is about to be 17 (she's like a year older than me =D) and she's only 5'1. Weighs like 100pounds so i boss her around easily /duck. She works out at the gym alot so shes alright. Now to the topic. I dont find height a problem at all. By your confidence and the way you brag about yourself you seem pretty. Tie that up with your bubbling personality or whatever freaky stuff your trying to say there and a guy would be blessed by your pressence. I bless girls with my pressence though. In my oppinion personality > all + looks. So keep being silly, you already know guys are interested in you,just dont scare them away. Damn, did i de-rail this thread or what? I think i totally got off topic there. Hope i helped =D

Old 08-01-2005, 06:42 AM   #8
    bigorsmall
    (male)

bigorsmall HB User

Anyone worth going out with won't care about your height (there's a couple at my school with a height difference of about 12 inches, and I myself am 4-6 inches taller than my girlfriend) you will be seen for who you are inside not how high you stand. Just relax and find the right guy for you.

Old 08-01-2005, 04:09 PM   #9
    blondybear
    (female)

blondybear HB User

I completly understand. Im five foot one (umm, i think i wasn't cheating on that one) and am done growing. I get a lot of short jokes. Just stay away from those iddiots. Hang around with the nice ones who'll pick u up so you dont get crushed in the hallway and make up fun nicknames for your shortness. My best guy friend is 6ft. 3inch and calls me "fun sized" or "travel sized for your convieniance.
    take pride in your height and kick the nezt person who calls you short stuff in the balls for me, kay.

Closed Thread