It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• ***Electric Shavers ASAP***

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2005, 08:45 AM   #1
    anag
    (female)

anag HB User
    Exclamation ***Electric Shavers ASAP***

Hello,
    I am pretty young and have started thinking about buying any electric shaver, my sister has one its buy Remington and its purple....it doesn't hurt while you shave and all but man it takes a longg time to actually shave!!! Are you supposed to use a mosteroiuzing cream with an electric shaver too, or is it just the shaver?? Any recommentations a good working electric shaver thats $40 or less? Thanx to anyone who replies!
    God Bless You,
    ****Ana***

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2005, 02:55 PM   #2
    ForgottenFaith
    Veteran
    (male)

ForgottenFaith HB User
    Re: ***Electric Shavers ASAP***

It's good to apply a moisturizer after you've shaved. There's also lotions that you can apply beforehand to soften the hair and get a closer shave. I find that electric shavers are more gentler on the skin than blades are. When you shave with a blade, you're actually shaving off the top layer of skin as well, and as a result, your skin develops scar tissue, hence the redness. I don't know any good shavers under $40, but I'm sure you can find one.

Old 08-05-2005, 07:45 AM   #3
    anag
    (female)

anag HB User

Thanx for the reply Forgotton Faith,
    I really want a shaver 40 dollars or less....anyone else? Are you supposed to massage the moisturizer after before or during shaving? My sis used to use a cheap razor which only left her redness cuts and marks, I don't want that to happen to me....thanx again **hoping to hear more replies**
    ~~~~~~~~~ana~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-06-2005, 10:33 AM   #4
    bgs79
    (male)

bgs79 HB User

Hey....I'm a guy (just so you know lol)... But sometimes I use a Norelco electric shaver and I think it was under 40 bucks...I'm not positive though... I usually use a blade, which in your case would not workout too well lol... I believe there are some OK ones under 40 bucks though...

I highly wouldn't recommend putting on the lotion before you shave. I used to put like Brut aftershave lotion on my face as if I were lathering shaving cream on my face, and used the electric shaver....I tell you, the next day, like if I were sweating, it stung like heck on my face the next day! However, I only shave my face...

Hope this helped!

Old 08-06-2005, 11:37 AM   #5
    anag
    (female)

anag HB User

Thanx, I will try to look for that shaver, and hope its under 40 bucks...., anyone else??

Old 08-26-2005, 04:01 PM   #6
    Joy Black
    (female)

Joy Black HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anag
    Thanx, I will try to look for that shaver, and hope its under 40 bucks...., anyone else??
    Remember that there are two different types of electric shavers. The "women's" type is cheap and designed mainly for the legs with (perhaps) a foil for closer shaving. The "men's" type has a trimmer for long hair and is designed to shave very close with the main heads. I'm a woman but have shaved my moustache daily from age 15 so I use a Norelco men's shaver for that. The more expensive Norelcos are better than the cheaper ones, though.

Old 08-27-2005, 07:18 AM   #7
    anag
    (female)

anag HB User

Oh I see....I bought the Remington Women's Shaver and even though you pretty much have to shave everyday its worth it!! The Norelco shaver sounds intersting..I will tell that to my brother

Closed Thread