It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Dating a parent's coworker

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-10-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
    SillyBird
    (female)

SillyBird HB User
    Dating a parent's coworker

HI! I'm 16 and I have become interested in my dad's coworker. My dad works at a car dealership since he retired and when I got my car I met this guy there who also sells cars. He's 19 and very much my type, and also seems to be interested in me.

Things are complicated. He is kind of my dad's boss as weird as it sounds and my dad doesn't like him at all. I really want to pursue it but I'm holding off because I just don't know what to do.

Any help?

Last edited by SillyBird; 08-10-2005 at 08:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #2
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User
    Re: Dating a parent's coworker

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SillyBird
    HI! I'm 16 and I have become interested in my dad's coworker. My dad works at a car dealership since he retired and when I got my car I met this guy there who also sells cars. He's 19 and very much my type, and also seems to be interested in me.

Things are complicated. He is kind of my dad's boss as weird as it sounds and my dad doesn't like him at all. I really want to pursue it but I'm holding off because I just don't know what to do.

Any help?

It's not a good idea at all. While there is only 3 years of age difference, those 3 years are important. You're still a teenager while he's entering adulthood. Plus, it's not wise to date your father's boss. What happens when you break up? It will probably effect your dad's work relationship.

I understand that you like him, but you need to look the other way. It isn't wise to pursue this relationship at all.

Old 08-13-2005, 04:45 PM   #3
    last1
    Inactive
    (male)

last1 HB User

The bigger question is: whose life to you want to come to a screeching halt - yours, your father's, or the object of affection. Look, this is a recipe of danger. If he starts dating you, then he runs the risk of being taken behind the woodshed by your father or have charges brought up again him for statutory rape (yeh, I know, you're not going to sleep with him). If he starts dating you and (like someone said) you break it off, is this nineteen year old mature enough not to take it out on your dad? And, can your dad afford to lose his job because his daughter broke up with his nineteen year old boss? Or can you afford this relationship know that the possibility exists that you could really screw up your father's life and possibly, for a good period of time, your own.

If the nineteen year old is really interested in you, then you had better make sure that you family knows of your intentions. THis is not anything you would want to spring on them, right?

Old 08-14-2005, 05:26 AM   #4
    JinL
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

It is a Lose Lose situation for you & your dad.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:06 PM   #5
    Skylar333
    (female)

Skylar333 HB User

This isn't a good idea based ont he fact that you are a minor and he is an adult. Find someone that is under 18. Not to mention that this would really affect you dads job. Leave this guy alone. Don't be selfish, think about your dad.

Old 08-18-2005, 05:56 PM   #6
    stokester
    (male)

stokester HB User

would make a great reality tv show ... stay away. ull be choosinf from him or ya dad.

Closed Thread