It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Girls......Question About Guys Hair Style

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-20-2005, 11:04 PM   #1
    gadude872
    (male)

gadude872 HB User
    Girls......Question About Guys Hair Style

ok im a guy and i was wondering what do yall girls like most with a guys hair like the style of it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2005, 07:59 PM   #2
    mystiq86
    (female)

mystiq86 HB User
    Re: Girls......Question About Guys Hair Style

that's a hard question, b/c it depends on the guy. all i can say is is to have a hairstyle that compliments your facial features. talk it over with your hair stylist and see what they think.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:24 AM   #3
    Rayvin400
    (female)

Rayvin400 HB User

Yeah, that is a tricky one. I know tons of girls who prefer, (including myself) who love guys with longer hair. Longer hair (not pony tail long) tends to soften features and frame the face, making guys look well, prettier. Plus I dont know a girl on the planet who wouldnt love to run her hands through a sexy head of hair. So my advice is dont get a buzz cut what ever you do (although some girls find this to be hot too i guess.) Also talk to some of your girl friends, and see what they recomend, they can help a lot. Then take your options to a barber, and let them decide which will flatter your face better. Good luck, and remember that it will grow back!

Last edited by Rayvin400; 08-22-2005 at 01:25 AM.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:00 PM   #4
    GatsbyLuvr1920
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

Okay, the one feature that I find most attractive on a guy is their hair. That's why I'm so picky about guys that I think are hot because, nowadays, many guys get some "modern" style that turns me off. In general, I rarely go for blond guys, and I absolutely HATE long hair. Obviously, I also go for personality, humor, intelligence, etc., but if we're strictly talking about liking somebody purely for looks, it's all about the hair for me. There can be a guy I think is hot, but if he changes his hair style, the attraction is gone (an example would be Drake Bell- extremely hott the first couple episodes of Drake and Josh- now, with his bowl haircut, I think he looks foolish!) I don't like many of the stars that most teen girls go wild for, such as Brad Pitt, because they spike their hair and do other things to it that turns me off. I tend to go for preppy guys because they usually keep traditional, old-school styles. (I'm very old-fashioned, by the way, if you can't tell by my screen name.) If you want an example of the guy who I think has the perfect hair, and is who I consider to be sooo hott, check out Leo DiCaprio in "Catch Me If You Can" and "The Aviator!" Super fine!
    -GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 08-24-2005, 02:39 PM   #5
    grandpapa
    Inactive
    (female)

grandpapa HB User

Hair just accentuates the facial features. If you take a hair cut based on the opinion of somebody else then you're likely to wind up with something that doesn't suite your face at all.

Here's what I've figured out thus far and what hair style fits what type on head:

long, skinny faces should show off their head, buzz cuts or crew cuts are better suited.
    Long, muscular faces should go for a more surfer type of look, meaning longer in the front than in the back, letting the front hair fall down or have it gelled back. Messy works really well for long, muscular faces
    Long, fatter faces (not to mean fat as in chubby but rounder, fleshier) should have their hair stay kind of incognito, you shouldn't do anything that's going to make the face look rounder than it is by dong the surfer thing or make you look like a skin head by shaving it all off. A nice short cut would work perfectly with this, spiking it but still making it a little uniform would do.

Short, lean faces shouldn't shave their head like their long faced brothers, it'd make the face look like a cue ball and that's never good. Instead, opt for a shorter medium length hair (about the length of the top of your head to your eyebrows), this can be messied up or gelled back, spiked and coifed.
    Short, muscular faces should wear their hair longer, think Leo***** DiCaprio long to Jhonny Depp in Secret Window long, you can pretty much do anything with this style because you have the variying lengths, and because your face isn't round you can grow it out to hug your face. In my opinion this is the best type of head to have because it's so versitile (and all the sexiest men have it)
    Short, fat faces (once again, round not chubby), people with this type of head make the biggest mistake of growing their hair out so that it hugs the face. This is a definate no no becase it makes your head look rounder than it is so you end up looking like a melon. Don't buzz it either or you'll go through the cue ball thing again. The best look for this shape is short, manageable hair that doesn't call too much attention to itself but still makes it look good. Confusing yes, think (again) Jhonny Depp in Sleepy Hollow, but only just a little shorter than that.

Find your head and find a cut that works. My only really advice is that you should NEVER FROST YOUR TIPS that is the most god awful thing you could ever do.

Old 08-24-2005, 10:52 PM   #6
    Rayvin400
    (female)

Rayvin400 HB User

Amen on the frosting the tips thing.

Old 09-03-2005, 05:05 AM   #7
    GatsbyLuvr1920
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

grandpapa- Sooo agree with the frosting the tips thing, but not on Leo DiCaprio! He is sooo fine, but with short hair, like in "Catch Me If You Can" and "Aviator." I just generally hate long hair, like he had in "Gangs of New York," but that was just for the part.
    -GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 09-22-2005, 11:04 AM   #8
    justme_
    Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

I like it when it's kind of messy but you made it like that on purpose... if ya know what I mean lol.. its cute, or like what ben affleck usually has

Last edited by justme_; 09-22-2005 at 11:04 AM.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:55 PM   #9
    Dark Stranger
    Inactive
    (female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I seem to like guys with slightly longer, straight or wavy hair...I don't mean shoulder length, but long enough to run my fingers through. I also like it when they look like they have really bad bed head...I don't know why, but I always think my boyfriend looks better when his hair is a mess rather than when it's combed or parted down the middle. As far as color goes, it doesn't matter to me...blonde, brown, red, black, pink, silver...don't care.

Dark Stranger - trying to convince her boi to grow his hair back out

Old 09-30-2005, 06:51 AM   #10
    nezkeys79
    (male)

nezkeys79 HB User

what do you think if a guy straightens his hair?

my hair is naturally curly but I straighten it every day with the straightening tongs cause I hate the way it looks normally.

I had a 50 50 response....basically the people who have seen the straight hair for the first time say it's better when looking at pics of my old style, but people who knew me from before say they prefer the old style.

Old 09-30-2005, 07:30 AM   #11
    justanothagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

justanothagirl HB User

i like curly hair

Old 10-09-2005, 07:09 AM   #12
    nezkeys79
    (male)

nezkeys79 HB User

would you think that most girls find curly hair less attractive>?

im not talking really sexy curls that fall at the side. I'm talking dry/strawy crap texture mess that grow back on itself like an afro so i can never have long hair. when i straighten it and thin it out a bit it looks really neat. i cant let it grow too long mind.

Closed Thread