It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Red bump + Throat + Ear + Red Line...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-15-2005, 07:08 PM   #1
    xbenx
    (male)

xbenx HB User
    Red bump + Throat + Ear + Red Line...

Since last thursday (I also started eating cinnimon oatmeal like wensday too, if that affects anything) I had a sore throat and my right ear started hurting sometimes and a headache (But the headache is gone), and I have a red bump on the right side of my forehead and I went to the doctor he said "just treat it with acne cream and such, and take antibiotics" (It's some red liquid from Kmart pharmacy). Now I still have a sore throat and the red bump is there and my right ear hurts every so often, and the red bump stings sometimes too. Also there is a red line that is about 1/4 inch wide going from the red bump (that is about a size of a nickel? or quarter?) down to the middle of my eye (On the right side of my face, not going in the actual eye, heh)

anyways, does anyone know what I have? If you need more information on it, then ask please. Thanks guys.

edit: sorry, forgot to say that I am 15 years old too.

Last edited by xbenx; 11-15-2005 at 07:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2005, 04:37 AM   #2
    xbenx
    (male)

xbenx HB User
    Re: Red bump + Throat + Ear + Red Line...

I just noticed under my lower lip to the right, I am starting to get a little bump that feels the same as my red bump, maby thats acne but I dunno.

Old 11-16-2005, 05:13 AM   #3
    Hazel_Eyes
    Veteran
    (female)

Hazel_Eyes HB User

Id trust your doctor's diagnosis. As for you ear and throat pain - you have to remember that you ears and throat - they are all connected. I had that problem one time. I was in Korea so I could barely understand what the doctor was saying. From what I gathered, he was basically telling me that since my throat is sore, the glands are all swollen hence pressing against one of the ducts that connects to my ear - which explains the ear pain.

He gave me a few tablets to stop the swelling - once the swelling eased, my ear was fine. Im pretty sure that the reason your ear is hurting is because you have a sore throat.

Take the medication and see what happens. If what you have is acne, avoid touching it. Make sure you wash your hands before touching it. Avoid chocolates, deep fried food and peanuts.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:51 PM   #4
    xbenx
    (male)

xbenx HB User

My throat is pretty fine right now, just the red spots to the right of my right eye and on the right side of my forehead and under my lower lip are still there (The lip one is starting to peal/flake skin...), and my ear doesn't have any pain really.

Right now im taking Benadrill (Or however you spell it) and Anti-Biotics.

I noticed 2 lumps/bumps on my throat area, or my neck, but it's inside the skin, one of my friends said the bigger lump on the right side of my neck is a swollen muscle and thats why my throat was sore, and the other one is under my chin, and my other friend said I was about to get a pimpel from it, what do you guys think?

Old 11-17-2005, 05:40 PM   #5
    threethings
    (female)

threethings HB User

xbenx (straight edge?)...pimples can cause bumps under the skin. is that what the doctor told you? also...is the medicine helping the others?

Closed Thread