It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• I may never see my friend again

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-19-2005, 09:47 PM   #1
    Dark Stranger
    Inactive
    (female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
    I may never see my friend again

On Saturday night (day before I left college to come home), my friend Corey stopped by my apartment to wish me a Merry Christmas and to just hang out. As we were sitting quietly beside each other, he told me that he might not return next quarter. He said that his parents are paying his tuition and that if his grades are not where they want them to be, they stop paying for his education. He's pretty confident that he's failed at least 1 of his classes.

Like many college students, Corey's got some time management issues - hey I do too. He's not in college just to party and meet girls - he does do his work. It's not that he does bad quality work, but it's just that he turns things in late for reasons unknown.

I told him about taking out a student loan for tuition - I believe he can take one out at any time if he's got a legitimate reason. hell, people take out student loans to buy cars, so I don't think he would be refused the loan if it was for tuition. He didn't know he could repay the loans after he graduated, so I pray he may consider the loan.

When he had told me he might be leaving, I just started to cry. I think even he had shed a tear as he tried to comfort me, and he apologized for upsetting me, but I was glad he told me. I wouldn't want to come back next quarter to find out he was gone - I'd be even more upset if he left without a goodbye. When he left my apartment he hugged me and I just didn't want to let go - it felt like it was goodbye forever.

I know there are a lot of people in college, but the thing is that I have such enormous difficulty making friends because I don't really talk to anyone I don't know. I've been in college for almost 3 months and I've made 3 friends, Corey being my best friend. I'm not the kind of person who has dozens of friends and then doesn't care if they lose one. I hold all my friends very close to my heart and the thought of losing one for any reason hurts so bad.

I know Corey and I would never stop being friends, but it's going to be so awful not being able to see him anymore. I can only pray that he'll come back. I want him to return because I know I'd miss him, but I also want him to continue his education. I know he doesn't want to quit because he failed a couple of classes, and I want him to get his degree. he's already in his second year, so he's made it through the hardest year of college as far as I can tell.

Sorry guys, this was just mostly a vent. I still feel so bad about Corey possibly leaving.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2005, 07:56 AM   #2
    ChefDisco
    (female)

ChefDisco HB User
    Re: I may never see my friend again

Don't go too hard on yourself, i know the thought of him leaving is making you really sad, but he might not be leaving. He understands how sad you will be and might study more or something to get good grades.
    Merry christmas and Happy new year to you!

Soph.

Old 12-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #3
    Dark Stranger
    Inactive
    (female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Thank you for your reassurance, ChefDisco. I kind of wish there was some way I could speak to him over my vacation. He left his computer at school, so I can't talk via internet. Also I don't have a cell phone, so I can't call him. I do want to just ask him if he would consider student loans - I don't want him to drop out because he thinks his parents are the only ones who can pay for his education.

I guess all I can do now is hope and pray he will return. -.-

Old 12-29-2005, 09:04 AM   #4
    Dark Stranger
    Inactive
    (female)

I know this topic is old, but I just wanted to make an update. Sadly, Corey is in fact leaving for good. I had found his cellphone number in my pocket yesterday and I gave him a call just to talk and see how he's been doing. He told me that he had made the decision to withdraw from college after he and his parents talked it over. Corey felt he wasn't learning anything and that it would be pointless to fork over thousands of dollars for nothing. I can understand that...if anything, I'm just glad he's not dropping out because of his parents.

It doesn't really change the fact that I'm depressed about him leaving. I know I can't make him stay, and I do want him to do what will make him happy. I just know I'm going to have a very difficult time coping. Corey was one of my only friends in college...he was the one who would come visit me when I was lonely to the point of tears, and he was the one who I could talk to about anything. I'm just going to miss him so much. I've been crying about it since last night. Perhaps it seems stupid to cry over a friend like this, but when a person has a hard of a time making friends as I do, it's going to be a painful experience knowing you'll never see one of your best and only friends ever again.

Sorry, that was just a vent I guess. I miss him so much already..

Closed Thread