It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Belly button pain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-16-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
    JenRas05
    Veteran
    (female)

JenRas05 HB User
    Belly button pain?

I have had pain around my belly button since the beginning of last summer. I have been to a few doctors about it and they have done tests like an ultrasound of my entire stomach and an ulcer test but couldn't find anything wrong. They dont seem to know what it is....and since it doesn't really have a pattern it makes it more confusing for them. It's just everyday, i'll feel these pains around my belly button, doesn't have to do with my eating or anything. Sometimes their sharper than other times but mostly aren't really bad..just bad enough to notice and get aggravating after having them for so long. Also in the past few months i've been getting nausiated quite frequently and then once every few weeks I'll wake up in the middle of the night and vomit a few times. One night i woke up and my the pain near my navel was really sharp and seemed to go all the way around my stomach even to my back. I do also have acid reflux, which at first my doctor thought that might have something to do with it, but my acid pills don't get rid of the pain, only my heartburn. And then a couple of months ago i was also diagnosed with endometriosis..but my gyno told me that she was pretty sure that this pain wasent related to that and that she thought it was most likely a stomach problem. My next step is to see a gastroenterologist, thats what my doctors have suggested. I did have an appointment to see one a month ago and had waited like 3 months to see him too but had gotten a flat tire on the way to the clinic so i couldn't make the appointment. I've rescheduled but have to wait until April 5th now. I was just wandering if any of you might have any ideas to what this stomach problem could be. Any help would be very much appreciated!
    Thank You,
    Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #2
    MissAmerica08

MissAmerica08 HB User
    Re: Belly button pain?

I've gotten pain around my belly button too..I thought I was the only one so it's nice to know other people know what I'm talking about. I used to get it like REALLY bad and the pain would be soo sharp..it's odd too because it feels like it's right at the tissue of my belly button...it always feels like I've pierced it or something (which I haven't) I went to a doctor and mentioned it and they thought maybe it had to do with me not going #2 every day...I didn't really think that had anything to do with it though because it doesn't feel like it has to do with having something held inside of u..I dunno, I'm confused on it and I wish u the best of luck. If I find any info. about it, I will let u know.
    Just know ur not the only one

Old 01-19-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
    JenRas05
    Veteran
    (female)

JenRas05 HB User

Thank You so much for sharing your story with me! Your right, its good to know I'm not the only one who has this kind of pain. Did you ever get nausiated from it or throw up? I think thats where my nausia and vomiting is coming from. My mom suggested to me that it could maybe be an infection in one of my stomach organs and thats also why it hurts even to touch around my navel. My mom used to be a nurse so she knows some medical stuff like that. Also my belly seems to be kind of bloated...atleast I'm pretty sure its not just fat, sometimes it will go flat and other times it will balloon out. Does your stomach do that? I mean I know that bloating happens with your period too but I used to have that kind of bloating and then after my period was done my stomach would go back down but now it doesn't. I think it has to do with my belly button pain. It just sucks having to wait this long to go see the stomach doctor. It seems like just when things start getting worse you have to wait. I'm going to try and see my regular doctor though and see if she could get me bumped up sooner on the schedule with the gastro doc. I don't believe what the doctors told you! Your right not to believe them too. Believe me they are not always right. I've gone through alot with the doctors before when I knew that I had that female problem endometriosis, they kept telling me that my symptoms didn't match up to that and that the back pain was probably just a pulled muscle. Good for me; I knew my body better than that and knew that it wasen't something simple and that it was endo. I kept pushing my gyno until she got my surgery done right away. I was right too...I did have endo and then my gyno told me that my back pain was from that. So you see what I mean....what i'm basically trying to say is that "You know your body better than the doctors do!" So dont' give up, keep going back and making them test you for different things. And when you research and find something that you feel you might have ask them about it and tell them you want to be checked for it. Dont' let them minimize your problem. Only you know how bad it really is and what sounds right or not. I hope you are able to find an answer to your pain too. I'll tell you what the gastro doc says when I see him.

Take Care,
    Jenny

Old 01-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #4
    MissAmerica08

MissAmerica08 HB User

Ok, good to see your getting it checked out..with my pain though, it's really off and on...oh and yes, the same thing happens with my stomach. Who knows if it is something really serious but I'm just annoyed because sometimes it is normal and at other times, I have sharp pain there..so good luck and let me know how things go!

Closed Thread