It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Dont know what to say around girls

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-18-2006, 12:33 PM   #1
    bigtone1989
    (male)

bigtone1989 HB User
    Dont know what to say around girls

hey everyone i have a sort of a shyness around girls. like i just dont know what to say to them without feeling stupid. Also i'm new at this school and all the girls my friends hang out with i have never met. when im around my guy friends im fine and they like me. but around girls its a different story. like the one night me and my friend were hanging out and these two girls came over, i introduced myself and then i didnt know what to say at all. my friend and they were all talking and i didnt know what to say in the conversation. i felt so stupid just sitting there. so if anyone has some advice as to what to say when talking casually around girls and a group without it being like an interview. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2006, 10:02 PM   #2
    Angelica17

Angelica17 HB User
    Re: Dont know what to say around girls

I am going to say something that might shock you but here it is, girls are not that different from guys, believe it or not. There are some girls that are extra girly and then theres the tomboy ones but generally speaking we're not aliens. Chances are that the things you talk about with your guy freinds are things you can talk about with girls too. Mind you I would stay clear of the "sports" convos in most cases (even though you might find that these girls do know alot about sports, in which case talk about all the sports you want).

Next time instead of being so worried about what to say to these girls why dont you pay attention to what they are talking about with your guy freind? This way you can get the hang of it too.

The more you stay away from socializing with girls the harder it will get in the future so start practicing, even if you screw up and say something stupid, make a joke out of it, plus people forget quick.

Its going to be awkward at first but with practice youll get better and better so dont be discouraged.

Last edited by Angelica17; 01-30-2006 at 03:06 PM.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:46 PM   #3
    earthdayapril22
    (female)

earthdayapril22 HB User

I completely agree with angelica, we are NOT that different from guys, just visualize that we are human beings and forget about female/male and your shyness will go away

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Have a nice day
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #4
    Help_My_Body
    (female)

Help_My_Body HB User

yes! think of the girl as a guy and maybe it will be easier to talk to her..jus dont actually treat her like a guy lol

Old 02-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #5
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Haha.. good advice everyone. Just talk about normal things.. movies, friends, school, music, etc. Or just talk about something going on, like if you're in class talk about something going on in that class and then before you know it, you'll be able to bring in other subjects too and have a good conversation! Good luck

Old 03-07-2006, 04:11 AM   #6
    Micousa
    (male)

Micousa HB User

whats up man

When I get around girls I know i dont talk to them the way i talkto my guy friends because they DON'T like the same thing

When i get around girls I dont know i tend to get shy if she is in a group of friends. Other wise i just let her start the conversation.

basically Im saying when you talk to girls that are already your friends talk to them about stuff you all share an interest in.
    When youre around girls you dont know my advice is to stand there and be quiet. once they ask or say something to you say the first thing that comes to mind as long as its reasonable.

Old 03-09-2006, 04:41 PM   #7
    MelBelle
    (female)

MelBelle HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Micousa
    When youre around girls you dont know my advice is to stand there and be quiet. once they ask or say something to you say the first thing that comes to mind as long as its reasonable.
    That's not going to work most of the time. If a guy was just standing there next to me and not talking, I would think that he didn't want to talk to me. I wouldn't initiate a conversation. The safest thing to do is to ask the girl a question, and if she's interested in you, she'll keep the conversation going.

Last edited by MelBelle; 03-09-2006 at 04:41 PM.

Old 03-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #8
    Micousa
    (male)

Micousa HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MelBelle
    The safest thing to do is to ask the girl a question, and if she's interested in you, she'll keep the conversation going.
    hey there

Not to be mean but this puts the guy back at square one.

He already doesnt know what to say to girls.

He wont know what to ask her

I mean if he was comfortable around the opposite sex then maybe he can star it off but hes shy.

Old 03-10-2006, 07:57 AM   #9
    MelBelle
    (female)

MelBelle HB User

Micousa, most people feel uncomfortable around people they've never talked to before. He can't just stand there being quiet waiting for a girl to start up the conversation, he has to at least try to talk to her or ask a question. Standing there quietly is what puts him back at square one, he said in his first post that he feels stupid just sitting there.

Starting a conversation is not hard. Ask if she's seen a movie, what movies you think look good, what bands/music she likes, new CD's that are good, tell about a place you've been that's cool, compliment her, bring up recent events, random things that come to mind, TV shows, stuff you like to do, ask if she plays a sport. Just be confident and once the conversation starts, it's usually easy to keep it going.

Closed Thread