It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Tall is annoying!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-21-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
    dstealth
    (male)

dstealth HB User
    Tall is annoying!!!

Hi, I'm about 5ft 10"/5ft 11" tall and I find it really annoying. I know there a lot of people that are taller than me but I still don't like being this tall. When I'm in the town and I am constantly passing people, most seem to be a lot smaller, including most men. I can't stand this and want to do something about my height. Question: are there any drugs you can take or exercises that will gradually make you a shorter person?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
    Lisa101010
    Inactive
    (female)

Lisa101010 HB User
    Re: Tall is annoying!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dstealth
    Hi, I'm about 5ft 10"/5ft 11" tall and I find it really annoying. I know there a lot of people that are taller than me but I still don't like being this tall. When I'm in the town and I am constantly passing people, most seem to be a lot smaller, including most men. I can't stand this and want to do something about my height. Question: are there any drugs you can take or exercises that will gradually make you a shorter person?

Thanks in advance.

No, there aren't any drugs that can do that. There is nothing you can do about your height but live with it. I can tell you this: your height will not be an issue when you get older. Trust me on that one. I know lots of girls who wish they were taller. Models are taller. Many sports require you to be taller. You shouldn't feel down on yourself at all and instead hold your head up high because you are strong and tall. Seriously I know lots of people probably tell you that, but it is true. When you're older, it is not going to matter, and plus, many guys will also be taller than you. Many many guys will. Girls grow at an earlier age than guys do, so they just need to catch up. Give it time and don't get down on yourself. Keep yourself in good shape, and trust me, if you do that, you'll be a knock out someday!!!

Old 02-23-2006, 06:02 AM   #3
    ___vintaqe
    (female)

___vintaqe HB User

ENJOY IT. That is all I have to say. Ever hear of tall, dark and handsome? It's a good thing! Don't try to change something as silly as your height. You'll learn to appreciate it eventually.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:44 AM   #4
    Lisa101010
    Inactive
    (female)

Lisa101010 HB User

When I replied to your post the first time, I thought you were a girl. Sorry sorry sorry! The reason I thought that is because usually girls are insecure about being too tall.

However, you're a guy, and all I can say is exactly what the previous poster said -- enjoy it!! You are lucky!! Most guys are unhappy because they are too short. And most women like guys who are taller than them, so you are doing just fine!! I personally love a man to be at least 5'11".

When you get older, these issues will go away. But be happy you're tall. Wow! I mean, come on! People will catch up to your height in no time. By the time you're out of high school, all these issues are going to be gone!

Old 02-23-2006, 07:59 AM   #5
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

in a few years you will think back of this thought and laugh!!!!

those short guys you pass on the street are probably wishing they could be tall like you!

Old 02-24-2006, 04:16 PM   #6
    dstealth
    (male)

dstealth HB User

Thanks for all the replies and the advice.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:47 AM   #7
    johndoediet

johndoediet HB User

Im 5ft 11 and i love being tall

I still have alot of friends who are taller and i wish i was taller.

Old 03-30-2006, 07:47 PM   #8
    Browneyegoddess
    (female)

Browneyegoddess HB User

Like they said... would you rather be short or the way you are? Many girls like tall guys.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #9
    Dark Stranger
    Inactive
    (female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Aww, don't let it get to you. There are some guys who are short who would give their left arm to be taller, and there's a lot of girls who wish they could be tall too. I'm a girl and I've always wanted to be six feet tall . Besides, I think your height is about average for a teenage male.

Old 04-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #10
    Toips
    (male)

Toips HB User

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I went through the same thing as you years ago. Looking back, I can't help but laugh at my self for worrying about it. I'm 6'5, and I have to say, being tall is pretty awesome.

Don't worry, you'll get over it.

Last edited by Toips; 04-01-2006 at 10:44 PM.

Closed Thread