It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Tissue behind Nipple

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-27-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
    Utopian
    (male)

Utopian HB User
    Tissue behind Nipple

I'm a male and I've noticed that behind my right nipple, there seems to be a bit of hard tissue, like a lump. Does anybody know what this is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2006, 08:30 PM   #2
    Utopian
    (male)

Utopian HB User
    Re: Tissue behind Nipple

I'm sorry if it sounds like a joke. I discovered it while doing bench press and it's beginning to worry me, like it may be a blood clot, I don't know, please help if possible.

Old 02-28-2006, 06:17 AM   #3
    skittles42
    (female)

skittles42 HB User

Describe the lump a bit more.. is it a large lump? small lump? etc. It is possible for males to get lumps in their breast/pecoral just as women can. If it doesn't go away in one or two days.. go to the doctor.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
    Utopian
    (male)

Utopian HB User

It's been there for maybe 2 months. It is actually like in the nipple, and is exactly the size of it. I haven't noticed any ill effects except it hurts if I'm doing bench press and it lands there.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #5
    skittles42
    (female)

skittles42 HB User

Two months is quite a long time. Since it is causing you pain, I would say go to the doctor or ask your dad or gym teacher or some male figure in your life..

Old 02-28-2006, 07:33 PM   #6
    last1
    Inactive
    (male)

last1 HB User

There is a condition that is consistent for males who develop tissue deposits in the areas of their breasts. It is called 'gynecomastia". Believe it not, the tests to determine this condition are a mammogram and an ultrasound. Having had this condition twice, I have to tell you that #1) yes, it is possible for a guy to have a mammogram and #2) yes, it is a little embarassing. Now, I have had this condition on both breast areas. The first one was removed surgically (day surgery) because the surgeon wanted to make sure that is wasn't cancerous (3% of men develop breast cancer). The current one I have elected to not do anything yet.

When I was having the ultrasound, the radiologist told me that two of the causes (and there are,apparently, several causes) of this condition are: marijuana use and steroid use although neither are issues that I have had to deal with.

Hopes this helps. Anyway, the point is, is that you probably need to make an appointment with you physician since we really can't diagnose this condition and it is better to be safe than sorry. chris

Old 02-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #7
    Utopian
    (male)

Utopian HB User

No, no Marijuana or Steroids for me. I'm as straight an arrow as you'll find. Straight A's, 4 Sports, good shape, so I don't think those are factors. I'm 5'11ish, 135 lbs, 7 % body fat. My diet is good as well, my mom's nutritionist makes meal plans for me too. It doesn't hurt unless the bar hits it or I feel it though, otherwise it's fine. What's the surgery like? As in recovery and scars, tissues removed.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:00 AM   #8
    last1
    Inactive
    (male)

last1 HB User

Marijuana and steroids were not part of my history, either. (So,there are other factors, no doubt.) The surgery was easy; no scars as the suture line is just under the nipple and, as I recall, probably a day or two of recovery (however, for you with the weight lifting thing, recovery may be slightly longer). However, the very first thing you need to do is just go to your doctor and find out what he/she thinks you should do.

Last edited by last1; 03-01-2006 at 07:02 AM. Reason: punctuation

Closed Thread